Pregnancy and Slimming World

I know its not the same but I had a general with my first. I had high blood pressure, never got urge to push and hence after baby was born (with no drugs as midwife took gas and air off me as said I wasn't pushing) I ended up having general to deliver the placenta and get stitched up.

I think I was out a couple of hours, my husband had time to bond with the baby as I was in theatre. I think he liked that bit.

Why wasn't he allowed to hold baby?
I am scared abt birth, lot more that I was first time just incase I don't get urge to push again.

4 weeks will go so fast, am coming up to 24 weeks on wed :)

MissSlinky2011 said:
I've just been told by a psychic I'm going to have a little boy and he's going to look like my dad or have a similar name to my dad lol

She also said I might have to finish work earlier because of high blood pressure :/

X x x

I was told by a psychic I was going to have 3 kids, a boy then 2 girls. A couple months later I fell pregnant with my 2nd which scan says girl so we'll see how it pans out for our 3rd lol x

Lol she was really good but my hubby doesn't believe in stuff like that but I think its fun to speculate!

X x x

BTW I've had really bad baby brain today! I did so much stupid stuff in work this morning lol

X x x

I've just experienced baby brain majorly. I was sat on the sofa and I thought I heard someone at the front door. Then someone came through the front door! My heart stopped, I completely froze and panicked my head was working overtime then I was tryin to think if hubby went out and where he went when I remembered he'd nipped out for milk only 5 mins before! I felt like such a fool lol. He'd been up stairs for so long before hand I'd totally forgot he'd gone out x

Why wasn't he allowed to hold baby?
I am scared abt birth, lot more that I was first time just incase I don't get urge to push again.

4 weeks will go so fast, am coming up to 24 weeks on wed :)

I'll be 36 wks thurs im scared too about birth even though Ive had 2 sections I think its worst cos I know what to expect this time and have been worrying if anything goes wrong but just going to think about meeting my baby to get me through it.

I'm not sure what happened when my baby was born it took them a while to get her to cry and she was very cold so they showed her to us and put her in an incubator then they brought her back and I was allowed a little cuddle then they put her back in the incubator again and then they asked my oh to leave and I was still being put back together it was a little while before I went into recovery, wiv my first I was allowed partner in recovery rm with me x

I had baby brain yesterday got up really early cos I thought I heard a knock at the door-noone there so maybe I dreamt it lol x

Oh that's awful Cas. Am sure that won't happen again, but yeah I agree - its hard 2nd time after an issue last time. I think my non urge to push was caused by my fear abt getting to hospital and going into fast labour. My husband can drive but point blank refuses! I was so worried abt him driving me to hospital. Now it's worse, I have to worry about someone looking after Amy and me getting to hospital (we have no family nearby)

Cas I had similar story with my second labour on dd. The cord was wrapped around her neck so she was blueish purple and floppy when she came out. I have never seen so many staff come into one room kinda at the same time. I didn't even get to really see her, she was rushed to NICU. Once they stitched me up I was allowed to to go into NICU to say quick hi and then didn't get to see her for a good few hours when I was allowed to go in to feed her... It was like this for the first day or so of her life...
Hope this time around its gonna be different...

It wasnt too bad, sounds like you had a worse time sadolpingirl I think they basically got her out in time she was just a big baby and sugar levels were low. She was at least 2 wks over due maybe longer cos of having a late dating scan. I still bonded with her straight away and once we were at ward we got time together when my oh was allowed to visit, thats the thing some hospitals are so strict wiv visiting hrs but I think its important to have abit time together after birth especially when your not up to caring for the baby yourself.

Im worried about leaving my lo when im in hospital we always together she's only just turned 2 it was easier last time cos my daughter was nearly 6 so she was ok being left with family. Try and plan well ahead wiv Amy when you go in hospital I know its really hard as your not going to know when your be in labour x

I know - I have 2 friends who will look after her (even if in night but still worrying esp as one is on hols then anyway). then there is the car seat issue.... i'd need to drop the car seat off whenever it was and help it go in the car.... not ideal in middle of the night..

plus she isnt in nursery on a wednesday (although they have said i can put her in if its a wednesday). my mum will come down if i call her but i cant really call her at 2am,i wouldnt want her driving 3 hours tired.

My mum and sister will come over, my sister will look after lo while my mum comes to hospital for hopefully the birth x

I just have to worry about the fact my hospital is 21 miles away lol, my mum will be driving me and my hubby whatever time it is lol

Both of them will be with me for the birth

X x x

Is that your nearest hospital? Or just the one you've chose/have to go to for maternity care? x

Just finished work and I'm exhausted, think I may have to finish work earlier than i had hoped, I think it's just gonna be way too physical for me to carry on much longer
Times like this I wish I had an office job :(

That is our closest hospital lol

Is 15+5 early to think I'm feeling movement?

X x x

Back