Pregnancy and Slimming World

CAPRICORN said:
Good evening all

Just a quick one from me before I tootle off to bed.
Hopefully, if all goes well my little charliebump will have arrived safe n sound by this time tomorrow :cross:
I have to phone the delivery suite tomorrow at 7am to make sure there is still a bed and then if so be in for 8am where they will let us know which out of me and 1 other lady will be getting C-sectioned first :D (assuming there are no emergencies that need to be done first)

I don't think it has quite sunk in yet -Im not at all worried about the op even though Im going under a general -Im just desperate to know little one has arrived safe n sound...
Wish me luck and keep your pinkies crossed :p

Oh good luck missy! Will have everything crossed for u! Hope u get some sleep tonight! Keep us posted & take care, soon u'll meet ur little bump :0)

Good luck, how amazing you will get ur Charlie by tonight.:)

Really excited for you Capricorn, can't wait to see pics and hear birth story. Good luck although it may all be over now x

[h=2]
icon7.gif
Just a quick question...[/h]
I am trying for a baby and hope to be pregnant over the next 3 months i am currently 193 pounds and have been trying to lose weight 3 stone hopefully. I am currently doing slimming world, I am eating really healthy and my diet consists of mainly vegetables. I am really wanting to know is it safe to continue to lose the pounds while i am pregnant? and continue as i am? I think my intake of calories is easily less than 1200 even though i know that is not important in slimming world.​

Ohhh wow hope all has gone well hunny and that by now you are holding your little one in your arms ...so excited for you

icon7.gif
Just a quick question...

I am trying for a baby and hope to be pregnant over the next 3 months i am currently 193 pounds and have been trying to lose weight 3 stone hopefully. I am currently doing slimming world, I am eating really healthy and my diet consists of mainly vegetables. I am really wanting to know is it safe to continue to lose the pounds while i am pregnant? and continue as i am? I think my intake of calories is easily less than 1200 even though i know that is not important in slimming world.​

Personally sweet if i were you and following sw i wouldnt be bothering to count the calories ...i personally think you need more than 1000 when preg to keep your energy ect up ...differnt people will have differnt opinions on this though .

Good luck with trying to concive hope you will be joining us pregnant mummys very soon

I agree with the above, you need all the food groups when pregnant and this is sure to take you above 1200 cals I don't think 1200 is enough at all for being pregnant, it's still possible to lose weigh though and follow Sw eating much more than 1200 cals. As sweetchant1ly said I'd concentrate less on cals and enjoy Sw and your pregnancy, hope to see you here with us soon x

Slimming world has nothing to do with calorie counting so not sure if your confused. And iv read that a low calorie diet is not recommended when try to conceive, your body needs a lot of protein and energy, and if your restricting your intake your body is less likely to take to pregnancy x

Hi girls,

Well weigh in was tonight and I am down another lb and half which brought me my first bling sticker of half stone!! Delighted with that!

Any news on capricorn?

Silver Lady said:
[h=2] Just a quick question...[/h]I am trying for a baby and hope to be pregnant over the next 3 months i am currently 193 pounds and have been trying to lose weight 3 stone hopefully. I am currently doing slimming world, I am eating really healthy and my diet consists of mainly vegetables. I am really wanting to know is it safe to continue to lose the pounds while i am pregnant? and continue as i am? I think my intake of calories is easily less than 1200 even though i know that is not important in slimming world.

Slimming world isn't abt calories but I do agree with u, I think it's beneficial to be aware of your calories. I reckon me following slimming world I have about 1500 cals (i like big portions).

From a calorie counting perspective I do think 1200 cals is not enough tho when pregnant.1200 is apparently the minimum u should have a day non pregnancy. I am still following slimming world whilst pregnant and I would guess am having close to 2000 cals a day now. Mainly b

Oops hit send to soon. Mainly because I Am eating bigger portions, my extra hea and heb and having extra syns (not supposed to have extra syns but I fancy chocolate all the time haha)

Wonder how Capricorn is getting on. Expect she will be in hospital a few days after her c section as my friend was in 3 days. The friends I know who have had 2nd babies with a natural birth have all been out within 6 hours. I must be only one who doesn't fancy the idea of that. Haha

geordie_lass21 said:
The friends I know who have had 2nd babies with a natural birth have all been out within 6 hours. I must be only one who doesn't fancy the idea of that. Haha

The hospital near me has a 3 hours then out policy, so glad, hope I can go after 3 hours, i had to wait a whole day with my last one, was so paranoid sleeping on the ward with my baby

Im going be in hospital between 2-3 days for my section so think capricorn will be for about same if everything is well for her, I hope we hear from her before tues thats when I go in. I don't mind being on the ward but ive always been in a small bay, I have heard some mums going home 2 hrs after natural birth xx

Lost 1lb this wk, think its cos im getting nervous x

Last edited:
2 to 3 hours. That's a bit quick to be out isn't it. Even tho I already have one I still don't want to be rushed out. Will they of even done their first black poo by 3 hours! Lol I guess it depends how busy hospital is at the time. My friend said the day she give birth was the first time the hospital closed its doors - they had relief midwives in, community midwives and they couldn't handle the numbers. Ppl booked in for an induction that day were getting postponed. That def worries me! No way would my husband be able to get me elsewhere!

Back