Pregnancy and Slimming World

geordie_lass21 said:
Why u eat so little mummy Clarke? Are u at stage of needing smaller portions. I am not haha
I didn't go to weigh in last night, I knew I had checked before I would have left and I had put on 3lbs! And that was from Fri as went to Friday class the week before!
I wasn't bad yest so thought might go to Fri class again as hope I cam reduce to 2lb gain tomorrow.
Thing is then I am going away Friday to Whitby. We're going to play centre for lunch Fri, Sat in Whitby for lunch (so has to be fish and chips), Sunday planning pub lunch and Mon either back to play centre for lunch (its half way home in a 3 hour journey) or eat out on way home!

Feel bit gutted that even with a.2lb (not 3) gain I have put on 19 pound!

Am in 3rd trimester from yest so that seems a lot :-(

Am on hols all inclusive on 19 to 26th April. Can't wait but think of all that temptation at breakfast, lunch and dinner!

I'm 29 weeks tomorrow, I've gained 22lb, but I just keep reminding myself that hopefully you'll lose a stone after birth, so I've got an additional 8lb to lose, but with my first birth I lost 23lb within a weeks I wasn't even trying, I think it was all the excess water and stuff my body was holding and baby so I'm trying to think of it like that so I'm not so down. Last week I gained 2lb, the week before I gained 2lb then 1lb before that and 5lb in 1 week before that. I just hope I don't put on 2lb a week from now, going to give myself a kick up the bum :) good luck x

geordie_lass21 said:
God that's expensive. It annoys me when its that pricey.
I am obsessed with my weight mummyclark, really wish I wasn't. Wasn't first time round and think that's the reason I am now. I so don't want to look like I did last time. Ironically I now weigh abt what I was at 12w with Amy and yet no where near as happy in myself.

I didn't lose anything after having Amy til I joined ww when she was 5.5 months. Breastfeeding is hard, uses a lot of energy and u eat a lot more cake and choc as u need it. Ww worked well for me when b/f and not sure if will stick to SW then. Thing with ww is if u cook the SW way its lower in points so u have spare points for cake/ choc and sweet.stuff. u get extra points for breastfeeding. The prob with sw is u get extra hea and heb. Not sure abt u but I would rather have extra cake and chocolate haha

I'm the same first time round, although I checked my weight maybe every few weeks, I wasn't concerned with it, I ended up gaining just over 3 stone taking me to 15st, and I somehow I only mananaged to lose 6lb at birth with an 8lb baby (go figure). I didnt lose anything through breastfeeding and again my daughter was about 6 months when I joined SW and eventually got down to 12st 12 before I went back on contraception and everything haulted.
And yer I would much rather have more chocolate and cake than bread and milk, iv been staring at my hubby's birthday cake all morning wondering when would be a reasonable time to tuck in x

It's funny to think we are all in the same boat. Guess w

Guess we wouldn't be on this forum if we didn't want to monitor it. Lol

It made me smile the horror of losing less than baby weight. It was probs to do with boobs getting bigger or something. I am counting on a stone loss as that was what I lost with Amy. But was still 2.5 stone overweight after having her.

geordie_lass21 said:
Guess we wouldn't be on this forum if we didn't want to monitor it. Lol

It made me smile the horror of losing less than baby weight. It was probs to do with boobs getting bigger or something. I am counting on a stone loss as that was what I lost with Amy. But was still 2.5 stone overweight after having her.

Yer I think it was the boobs they went up 3 sizes after I gave birth. If I could lose a stone from the birth I would be happy, then just the rest to concentrate on, hoping to start up jogging x

Am thinking I will just walk into town and walk back. No excessive exercise for me. I remember first time I pushed Amy up the hill home. She was probs abt 7lb and I was knackered. Some of it was probs how heavy the pram is and the extra weight I was carrying. But I remember saying to my hubby that imagine how hard it will be when she is a stone or 2! Haha in reality I was fitter by then so not that bad!

Lol yer will Definately just be walking for first couple of months, probably till boobs have stabilised and LO is going longer without feeds and sleeping better or I'll be knackered. Was just think if I go when hubby gets home from work I might not be hit as hard with post natal depression, get the happy hormones flowing x

That's a good point, might use it to exercise. Am going to have to try not to be too Hung up on ky weight (wasi

(easier said than done). Am worried I will get PND as been so down this pregnancy compared to last time.
Mind got a weekend away from tomorrow. Can't wait!

Hi guys, I'm reading along with ur comments... In all honesty despite losing almost 7st b4 pregnancy I reckon at 21 weeks I've 28lb on- I just can't help but eat- I've had a bereavement to deal with but the excuses r continuing still... Need a kick to wise up r my jaws wired shut :0/

Got my big scan tomoro & so scared/ used to bad news recently / just cant seem to c how this might b any different at the minute :0(

Vm u have had a fab weightloss :) Don't worry abt putting it on now as u proven u can get it off. You have had an awful time recently. I know what it feels like to lose your dad. I lost mine when I was 19 - he died of a heart attack. It was a long time ago now, only a few days after princess Diana died (for us it meant we really talked abt death at the time, a lot was discussed that never would have been). It's amazing in a way that something so tragic brought us altogether and talked about death.

I can't imagine how hard it is to lose both parents tho. You ar

The first few years were hardest, and big milestones are hard - my graduation, my wedding, my first child.

You deserve some luck, I don't know what your scan is about today but good luck.

Hi bumps!!

Hope ur all well!!

Wheres the time gone!!

Congrats cappricorn doesnt seem 5 mins since u announced pregnancy he is gorg!!

Tj is 12 weeks tomorrow n got big! Still breastfeeding. He had his tongue tie snipped at 6 weeks..wish done it sooner as the pain was so bad!

Cant wait to see more announcements!!

my new weightloss journey!! start:: 13s 12lb current:: 13s 12lb.... 54lbs to go!!

He's gorgeous hun and you look great :)

geordie_lass21 said:
Vm u have had a fab weightloss :) Don't worry abt putting it on now as u proven u can get it off. You have had an awful time recently. I know what it feels like to lose your dad. I lost mine when I was 19 - he died of a heart attack. It was a long time ago now, only a few days after princess Diana died (for us it meant we really talked abt death at the time, a lot was discussed that never would have been). It's amazing in a way that something so tragic brought us altogether and talked about death.

I can't imagine how hard it is to lose both parents tho. You ar

The first few years were hardest, and big milestones are hard - my graduation, my wedding, my first child.

You deserve some luck, I don't know what your scan is about today but good luck.

Thank u! It's so tough losing a parent- losing mum was really bad but I had to b strong & support dad as mum did everything for him - now ive baby bump to b strong for but it sounds silly maybe- I just feel very alone despite how close my husband and I are and my friends- its not the same as a mummy & daddy!

On a huge positive though my baby is great- it was my anomaly scan and all looks good! My date has been changed to 12 August & I can't wait! Incredible how detailed that scan was- I could have watched it all day! How cute r the wee toes!!

Hi guys I wander if you can help me?
My local leader isn't very nice so I left class before I found out I was pregnant.

I am 17 weeks and was wandering if you could tell me what the pregnancy leaflet says

I now can't afford to rejoin as we have just moved and had to buy a car.

I was told on fb by a consultant that it is different for preg women but won't tell me how said I have to join to find out :(

Thanks

Sam x

Hiya, you are advised to follow the extra easy plan only, you get 2 x he a's and 2 x he b's a day, your advised to use all 15 syns I think that's it. It's a shame your previous leader wasn't very nice.
Congratulations on your pregnancy, is this your first? x

Hi, thank you very much for your help.

Yes this is my first, 5yrs it took us to get here, and 11st loss, just don't wanna gain much more as I'm still 17st 7 ugh

blossom85 said:
Hi, thank you very much for your help.

Yes this is my first, 5yrs it took us to get here, and 11st loss, just don't wanna gain much more as I'm still 17st 7 ugh

Wow 11 stone loss is amazing, just remember though weight gain in pregnancy can be out of your control, you have to give baby what they need, if you spend the whole pregnancy worrying about your weight you'll miss out and look back regretting it. You can lose the weight after pregnancy, the main thing is a healthy baby. I'm 16.13 so I do know how you feel I've had massive struggles with my weight, I was 18.10 days before I have birth to my first, I then lost over 4st.7. Some of the other ladies on here may agree with me but I found baby weight so much easier to lose than when I wasn't pregnant. There's only 15 months between my lo and me getting pregnant so it didn't take me long to lose AND I far from stuck to any diet I don't have hardly any will power. This time I've gained 1st 9 this time I'm 29 weeks. Sorry for long post just letting you know not to worry about it too much, easier said than done I know but I don't want to look back on this pregnancy and only remember me stressing about my weight. Enjoy your pregnancy xx

How many nappies are people stocking up on? So far I've got 136 size 1 upto 11lb, 172 size 2 which is 6 to 13lb's. Not sure now weather to move onto stocking up on size 3's or get more 2's? x

so far ive gt 2 boxes of around 100 in each box huggies in newborn size 1 and two boxes of size 2 and i was thinkin of getin mre of them and some size 3

Back