Pregnancy and Slimming World

Yeah I'm really happy with my decision now, I'm really glad we've got another summer baby too. I'm 30 weeks on Friday, can't wait to enter the 30's. I have my consultant appointment tomorrow but if I get there and they say he's running behind I'm leaving, it was an absolute joke last time x

I just don't want them wasting my time, I'm really busy at work at mo, the other sales person is off, the midwife does my bp, urine before I go in to consultant. I know my scan was fine, and I only had my belly listened to a week ago. I don't know what the consultant could possibly have to say x

oasis6918 said:
I just don't want them wasting my time, I'm really busy at work at mo, the other sales person is off, the midwife does my bp, urine before I go in to consultant. I know my scan was fine, and I only had my belly listened to a week ago. I don't know what the consultant could possibly have to say x

Hope all goes well with ur appointment! I've found I've been taken early at hospital appts which has amazed me! Feel like I have very few appts but am sure things change as the weeks go by - almost 23weeks now ....

Saw my little alien on fri :0) thought the pic was freaky to be honest but detail of fingers etc amazing. The scan was great! Seeing those wee toes!!!

Attachments

• image-134090060.jpg
    image-134090060.jpg
    396.2 KB · Views: 74
Oasis - I have only has 2 consultant appointments. One with Amy at 20w and one with this one at 20w. Both times I been transferred back to midwife led care although need active monitoring of 3rd stage of blood pressure and urine.

Anyway, with Amy noone warned me the wait can be ages. Scan and everything was done then I must have waited over 2 hours. I was annoyed, hungry (it went over lunch and am sure they just went for lunch despite the queue of ladies still waiting). I didn't even have a mag to read.

This time was more prepared, I had a 9am scan, asked about time when it was booked and they said be prepared for a 2 hour wait. Waited about 45mins for him to say "Bp fine, urine fine. Do u want to lie on the bed so I can feel the baby?"
The midwife with him said "she has just had 20w scan". He asked me if I had, I said yes - he transferred me to Midwife Led Care.

Quite glad as he seemed rubbish!

I do know a wait can be because they get called for emergency tho.

I was told i would see a consultant because of high BMI and previous c section, but im 26 weeks and not seen one yet.....not point really anyway!

I asked if i would be seeing a consultant at birth options or after if we decide to deffo go with c section and midwife said probably not, maybe a consultant midwife...i cant wait till all this is over i just want my baby here and to be at home.

geordie_lass21 said:
Oasis - I have only has 2 consultant appointments. One with Amy at 20w and one with this one at 20w. Both times I been transferred back to midwife led care although need active monitoring of 3rd stage of blood pressure and urine.

Anyway, with Amy noone warned me the wait can be ages. Scan and everything was done then I must have waited over 2 hours. I was annoyed, hungry (it went over lunch and am sure they just went for lunch despite the queue of ladies still waiting). I didn't even have a mag to read.

This time was more prepared, I had a 9am scan, asked about time when it was booked and they said be prepared for a 2 hour wait. Waited about 45mins for him to say "Bp fine, urine fine. Do u want to lie on the bed so I can feel the baby?"
The midwife with him said "she has just had 20w scan". He asked me if I had, I said yes - he transferred me to Midwife Led Care.

Quite glad as he seemed rubbish!

I do know a wait can be because they get called for emergency tho.

My consultant is at the clinic at my health centre, my appointment is now but there's 2 other women before me to even get seen by midwife first. I can't see me staying for this. It's a waste of time x

Morning ladies, really not looking forward to weigh in tomorrow, I have a severe weakness for chocolate
Anyone else made themselves feel ill diving head first into the eggs?

Oasis - did you wait? Am guessing not!
mummy clark - am not going today to weigh in (its been a bad week - been to whitby for 4 days so had pizza at a play centre on the fri, sat had fish, chips and mushy peas + white bread and butter... then ice cream. sunday we went for a pub lunch (roast dinner, all trimming including roasties, stuffing and yorkshire pudding) and monday we went to pizza express on way home (followed by thorntons cafe for the coffee, cake and the free chocolate haha)

on top of that i had an entire easter egg, 4 cream eggs and 2 toffee thorntons eggs. am not going to go tonight though as my husband is away tonight (he is in london for work) so i would have to get amy ready to take with me and if she is tired she can be a right pain. i cant go to friday morning class either (i am at work anyways but in manchester with work that day so no way could i just go for the weigh in).

i am going to be good this week (i have been yesterday - well not too bad but did have extra cream egg. today hasnt been too bad, went out at lunch and had jacket potato and chilli but i did just have a giant muffin (and by giant it is probs 2 muffins). However i dont have any chocolate (although yest that didnt stop me as i melted nutella and mixed in 2 weetabix as my 2nd healthy extra haha)

i go on holiday a week tomorrow so do need to be good this week so my maternity shorts fit haha!!

Lol Geordie sounds like a perfect week to me, iv managed to eat 4 Easter eggs with the things that come with it, a chocolate bunny, 12 creme eggs (oops), mini eggs, and I'm sure other stuff, i turned into some weird chocolate fiend x

Ive added you mines serena bristow....i havent ate any of my easter eggs yet sounds like i need to catch up

Hey geordie lass, yeah I was giving them 45 minutes, but he called me in after 40mins lol I was ready to walk. It was still a waste of time, I did however tell him I wasn't happy at all waiting til 41 weeks for a sweep as it only gives me a week to go into labour naturally before a section and that I wanted a sweep at 40 weeks, he has agreed and put it in my notes as he seems keen to let me try natural birth x

Sweeps only work if your already favourable and baby is in a good position, iv heard more people say they don't work first time than those that don't, plus they're quite uncomfortable

Back