Pregnancy and Slimming World

Thanks girls Ive bought some ready milk, just need to sort bottles out. Feeling really uncomfortable too, cant sleep either.

mia_angel said:
Thanks girls Ive bought some ready milk, just need to sort bottles out. Feeling really uncomfortable too, cant sleep either.

I'm lucky if I'm getting 5 hours a night sleep, mostly due to spd and sciatica, on top of that stomach cramps, heartburn, acid reflux. I'm going to end up going crazy. Got 7 more weeks yet x

When i was in hospital the woman next to me bottle fed and the hospital have these bottles, pre made full of milk with the teet already on. The hospital provided them.

I think this is probs normal if your bottle feeding - the same way as they feed the mother in hospital they probs feed the child / baby as well and have foods to cater for them (in this case bottles with a teet).

Mummy2bslim - just googled that pillow, looks great altho maybe not worth buying now as only got 8 weeks left on Wed. Sometimes I have awful sleep, but last night was brilliant - i slept from 10pm til 6am without waking even for the loo! :) If my daughter woke up i slept through it (i could have as i slept thru 2 texts from my husband).

This weekend has been quite hard for me so far. My husband went away for work on Friday - my little girl was playing up so much. I almost wish today wasnt a bank holiday so I could take her to nursery. I dont really mean it but I was so exhausted yesterday because she was hard work in the day and the nights too.... fri and sat nights she was up 3 times in the night! He wont be back til Sunday evening either.

Just wanted to say Hello to everyone and hope all is going well. I have been on and off SW for a while but just found out I am 5 weeks pregnant with No3 and need to try my hardest not to gain anymore weight. I am currently the heaviest I have ever been and dont want to gain anymore. I am planning to do plan at home as I get the plan but would like to know if anyone has any tips that helped or facts I need to know so i am not doing anything I shouldnt be. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and best of luck to all of you.

nbask said:
Just wanted to say Hello to everyone and hope all is going well. I have been on and off SW for a while but just found out I am 5 weeks pregnant with No3 and need to try my hardest not to gain anymore weight. I am currently the heaviest I have ever been and dont want to gain anymore. I am planning to do plan at home as I get the plan but would like to know if anyone has any tips that helped or facts I need to know so i am not doing anything I shouldnt be. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and best of luck to all of you.

Hey congratulations!

I think the main thing is try your best to stick to plan, have your extra healthy A and B and don't be too hard on yourself! I found that low syn treats like sorbet and frozen yogurt help me it's all about finding something low syn that gets you through sickness or cravings lol

X x x

nbask said:

Welcome I'm pregnant with my second, 33+3 so far have gained 2 st and 2 lbs :(

I agree with prev post and, it's hard to follow plan with the nausea and sickness you just have to listen to your body during that time. I say it's better you try and follow plan and fail, than not follow at all. Then at least the times your trying your not pigging out, although I haven't followed plan for weeks just trying not to go over board.

Good luck x

Hey congratulations!

I think the main thing is try your best to stick to plan, have your extra healthy A and B and don't be too hard on yourself! I found that low syn treats like sorbet and frozen yogurt help me it's all about finding something low syn that gets you through sickness or cravings lol

X x x
Thanks for advice I think I will try my best as I think that the food plan in generl is a good way of eating.

Welcome I'm pregnant with my second, 33+3 so far have gained 2 st and 2 lbs :(

I agree with prev post and, it's hard to follow plan with the nausea and sickness you just have to listen to your body during that time. I say it's better you try and follow plan and fail, than not follow at all. Then at least the times your trying your not pigging out, although I haven't followed plan for weeks just trying not to go over board.

Good luck x

Not long to go now for you. You must be getting excited.
I think you are right, I am going to try my best and just ignore the times when things dont go quite to plan. The only thing I am hoping will help is I have my syns back as I used to save mine for my weekend Vino before baby.

Not long to go now for you. You must be getting excited.
I think you are right, I am going to try my best and just ignore the times when things dont go quite to plan. The only thing I am hoping will help is I have my syns back as I used to save mine for my weekend Vino before baby.

Congrats on your pregnancy.

It made me laugh about how you used to save my syns for wine... instead i am using mine on wine which was easy to save. Now i am having them on chocs and cake... but am having so many more syns than i should. probs double or treble the syns! lol

Congrats hun .... i have done slimmingworld on and off throughout pregnancy ..ive had a few gains and a few losses ..at last count i was 4lb heavier than first weigh in but need to re weigh tomoz .. ive been a bit quiet on here lately mainly because i keep having stays in hospital but i get here when i can

Im sure you will find everyone here friendly .... I was 34 weeks today and have 5 weeks left till delivery

Congratulations on baby no3!
I've just had my third baby and I followed sw at the begining of pg but did find it bit hard towards the end, so just calorie counted and I only gained 7lbs. I also kept active and did alot of walking and running around after my lo! I had a healthy baby weighing 7.8lbs and was a stone lighter than pre pregnancy after birth.

Good luck xx

Thank you so much for all your replies and advice.:thankyou:
Congratulations Cas3 on baby No3.:bestwishes:
I hope all goes well in your last few weeks Sweetchant1lly

Hi all, hope it's ok if I join!
My name is Kat. I'm 30 weeks pregnant with my second, I already have a little boy who is 19 months old. Was getting very fed up with eating rubbish for the sake of it and I didn't want to put back on all the weight I worked so hard to lose after having my son. So hubby and I decided to give slimming world a go to see how we get on. Been doing it 3 weeks so far and LOVE it! Best diet I've been on by far! Finding it really easy to stick to and have lost about 5lbs which means at last weigh in I was only 2lb heavier than when I found out I was pregnant.
Looking forward to getting to know you all,
Kat
Xx

Welcome Mrs T.... Thats great - Only put on 2lb so far :)

I have put on almost 2 stone (and 32 weeks) Lol

Am so tired, never mind the usual pregnancy tiredness which I have anyway... I am exhausted! I am coping which just reminds me that you just do....

So hubby is in Canada with work until Sunday (5 days - 4 more sleeps) - am definitely counting!! Tuesday night I went to bed, and was woke up between 12-2 by my little girl, crying and genuinely whingy, It wasnt until about 1.30 when she said her tooth was hurting that I give her some calpol, retucked her in and kissed her on the head to feel she was burning up.... took her temp 39.3 i think.

I put her in our room, just so I could keep an eye on her, which meant she woke earlier (6.30am)

She seemed OK by morning, her temp back to normal and personality fine and she went to nursery as normal. However they called me and said she wasnt herself but her temp was normal (37.1). So they kept her but 90 mins later called and said she still wasnt herself and her temp was now 38.7 (they had given her calpol).

Went to collect her, which only took 10 mins - and she was so clingy and said she wanted her bed. I wasnt surprised as had 3.5 hours less sleep than normal. However checked her temp and it was 40!! Called the docs, give her ibroprofen (couldnt give her calpol as been too soon since last dose) and put her to bed.... by time we got to the docs 2.5 hours later her temp was back to low 38s... however doc reckoned its a chest infection so give her antibiotics.

Anyway after a dose of that, more calpol her temp was still high She went to bed normal time (7) after a bath - personality back to normal. I went to bed at 10pm (i wanted to give her 2nd dose of antiobiotics before bed and some more nuerofen so waited til 9.30.

Woke her up to do that, give her everything... she went back to sleep.... Got into bed at 10 and then the fun started.

10.30 she was sick (just water as only thing she ate yest after breakfast was 2 slices of toast). cleaned her up and put her in our room, she then woke up at 3.30 crying her eyes out as she had "pood in her knickers" - she has a bedtime nappy on but knickers over the top.

I give her cuddles, told her it was ok as its her bedtime nappy and she isnt well. she was so distressed - went to change her and she hadnt pood at all. must have dreamt it bless her. Anyway more calpol (her temp was back to high 39s - 39.8 I think) and back in bed....

So as you can see I have had an exhausting night! I already made myself 2 coffees and had 2 club biscuits and a fun size mars bar! Need to keep my energy up some how!!

Thank you :) think I'm going to be putting quite a bit on in these last few weeks, especially once I finish work!
It's really quite strange following a diet while pregnant isn't it, as you're not going to see losses on the scales and don't know what your true weight is! I can't wait for baby to be here and know what I really weigh.
Sorry to hear your daughters been poorly - its always so worrying isn't it, even when they are sleeping you don't switch off or sleep properly. How old is she? Then it's so hard to stick to plan when you're so tired and exhausted and just want to grab something quick to eat. How is she today? And isn't it always the way that these things happen when hubby's aren't around to help! Xx

Hi Ladies,

I'd like to join if you don't mind. After having lost 2 stone on SW i found out last week that i was pregnant (about 7 weeks, Christmas baby!) :) I've been wondering why ive been struggling mentally with the diet!.....I am hoping to try and limit the amount of weight I gain by continuing on with EEplan- so far i've put on 2 lb, but i think that was because i had a week of thinking stuff it! lol

It's going to be hard getting on the scales and watching it go up after losing it. I am a large lady so i hope i don't balloon toooo much lol, I'm also 36 and this pregnany was more than a little suprise! but i am very chuffed about it none the less. Be nice to share and get tips with you along the way :)

Back