Pregnancy and Slimming World

Chellibelle said:
Hi Ladies,

I'd like to join if you don't mind. After having lost 2 stone on SW i found out last week that i was pregnant (about 7 weeks, Christmas baby!) :) I've been wondering why ive been struggling mentally with the diet!.....I am hoping to try and limit the amount of weight I gain by continuing on with EEplan- so far i've put on 2 lb, but i think that was because i had a week of thinking stuff it! lol

It's going to be hard getting on the scales and watching it go up after losing it. I am a large lady so i hope i don't balloon toooo much lol, I'm also 36 and this pregnany was more than a little suprise! but i am very chuffed about it none the less. Be nice to share and get tips with you along the way :)

Congratulations hun!

I got pregnant after losing nearly 4 stone with slimming world, I'm 24 + 3 at the moment and I've gained 12lbs so far I'm quite pleased with that lol.

The main thing I would say is don't beat yourself up the weeks you do see a gain because it's going to happen! I have had two separate weeks where I gained 4lbs I gain a bit lose a bit, I know I'm creeping up to the point where losing will be hard but I lost 1lb on Monday :D

I've set myself a weight gain target of 20lbs tops and I think that's helped me to stay motivated aswel as finding low syn treats to get you through sickness or cravings

The best we can all do is try and stick to plan as best as we can but don't deprive ourselves because we need to enjoy being pregnant! Trying to stay on plan is better than not trying at all lol.

Remember that you need to stick to extra easy and you now need to have two healthy extra A choice and two B choice to help support your growing bubs :D

X x x

Welcome chellibelle

I've been awake for 4 hours now with coughing, first child free night in ages. Hubby took me out for pizza express and cinema last night, which was really nice.

Slightly worried though for the last 3 nights I have has light pink spotting when I wipe, anyone else had this problem? Wondering if I should phone hospital. I would ring my midwife but they seemed to have changed my person and not given me any contact number.

Hi Ladies,

I'd like to join if you don't mind. After having lost 2 stone on SW i found out last week that i was pregnant (about 7 weeks, Christmas baby!) :) I've been wondering why ive been struggling mentally with the diet!.....I am hoping to try and limit the amount of weight I gain by continuing on with EEplan- so far i've put on 2 lb, but i think that was because i had a week of thinking stuff it! lol
It's going to be hard getting on the scales and watching it go up after losing it. I am a large lady so i hope i don't balloon toooo much lol, I'm also 36 and this pregnany was more than a little suprise! but i am very chuffed about it none the less. Be nice to share and get tips with you along the way :)

Congratulations and well done with weight loss so far. I am not far behind you I am 5 weeks with our little 'suprise' and hoping to stick to plan to avoid too much weight gain. Best of luck and hope all goes well for you. This will be my third, how about you?

Congratulations hun!

I got pregnant after losing nearly 4 stone with slimming world, I'm 24 + 3 at the moment and I've gained 12lbs so far I'm quite pleased with that lol.

The main thing I would say is don't beat yourself up the weeks you do see a gain because it's going to happen! I have had two separate weeks where I gained 4lbs I gain a bit lose a bit, I know I'm creeping up to the point where losing will be hard but I lost 1lb on Monday :D

I've set myself a weight gain target of 20lbs tops and I think that's helped me to stay motivated aswel as finding low syn treats to get you through sickness or cravings

The best we can all do is try and stick to plan as best as we can but don't deprive ourselves because we need to enjoy being pregnant! Trying to stay on plan is better than not trying at all lol.

Remember that you need to stick to extra easy and you now need to have two healthy extra A choice and two B choice to help support your growing bubs :D

X x x
Congratulations, seems like you are doing really well. Reading your post I did not realise I needed to up my Hexs on EE?? Any advice regarding plan whilst pregnant is greatly appreciated, Thanks.

nbask said:
Congratulations, seems like you are doing really well. Reading your post I did not realise I needed to up my Hexs on EE?? Any advice regarding plan whilst pregnant is greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Yeah your consultant will have a pregnancy leaflet for you, during pregnancy you need 2 healthy A and 2 healthy B. if your planning on breast feeding the first 2 months you need 5 healthy extras they recommend 3 or 4 A choices and then if your exclusively breast feeding from 2 months to 6 months you need 6 healthy extras 4 of which need to be an A choice

X x x

Thank you Mummy2Bslim I am trying to do at home as not been able to attend groups on previous attempts. Thanks again.

Hello everyone - can I join in! I'm 7 weeks pregnant on our first baby and really want to control my weight gain. Think I've put on 7 pounds since I found out (have been eating for 2,3,4,5 and 6!!)
So I joined my local class last night and weighed in at 13stone 6. My ideal weight would be 11stone7 so I'm actually 2 stone overweight now! Oh bummer!!!

My leader sat with me and gave me a leaflet but she said we don't get any extra Healthy extras - that it was 1 A and 1 B on Extra Easy. So now I'm confused! I looked around on website but couldn't see anything there on this point.

So I'm really looking forward to getting to know you all during the next 8 or so months!

L

LibbyW said:
Hello everyone - can I join in! I'm 7 weeks pregnant on our first baby and really want to control my weight gain. Think I've put on 7 pounds since I found out (have been eating for 2,3,4,5 and 6!!)
So I joined my local class last night and weighed in at 13stone 6. My ideal weight would be 11stone7 so I'm actually 2 stone overweight now! Oh bummer!!!

My leader sat with me and gave me a leaflet but she said we don't get any extra Healthy extras - that it was 1 A and 1 B on Extra Easy. So now I'm confused! I looked around on website but couldn't see anything there on this point.

So I'm really looking forward to getting to know you all during the next 8 or so months!

L

Congratulations hun wow lots of new pregnancys!

The old way was only one of each, it was updated January this year so I'm not sure why you consultant is unaware of that! did you tell her you were pregnant? It says in my January 2012 issue leaflet to have 2 A and 2 B and my consultant is the regional manager.

Your midwife wont recommend you losing any weight if your only 13 6 and want to be 11 7 - if you just maintain your weight through pregnancy or gain a little you can lose over two stone when you give birth and that would take you to your goal weight your consultant should give you a form to take to your midwife and if your midwife says no to slimming world your consultant won't let you attend although I don't think it's ever happened lol what will happen is your midwife will say if you can lose weight or not and your consultant has to abide by what your midwife says.

Welcome!

X x x

Hi Mummy2BSlim

Thanks for that - you've made my day!! Extra Easy with 2 A's and B's - that is a dream plan!!!!

I've promised myself that I'm going to make one new recipe per month and my hubby the same so I'm off to buy ingredients for fish pie - he has yet to decide what he's doing for May. Hopefully by the time baba comes we will have a full range of easy to cook and healthy yummy meals! Mmm hungry even thinking about it!
Chat to you all soon
x

I've had enough of my work! I am fed up of them treating me like I'm a pain in the arse because I'm pregnant they are stressing me out so much!

I'm off sick because I've got a throat infection, don't speak to me on the phone like I'm the most difficult person in the world, lots of people are sick and considering lots of staff are short in hours what's the issue???

The dr gave me a note to say no sleep ins because you lot weren't looking after me properly and making me do 24 hour shifts you just don't seem to care about my health or my baby. So sending me an ominous letter about a meeting because of my dr's note on the day you bloody well know I have an appointment with my midwife and then complaining I'm awkward when I tell you I can't make it is only p*ssing me off more.

It's funny how my June rota has enough day shifts every week to give me my full hours couldn't you have managed this since January?

Just for that I might take another week off sick, you can stick your meeting where the sun don't shine and I'm one more nasty call, email or letter away from taking you to a tribunal!

Sorry for the rant guys but I've had enough :(

I've had enough of my work! I am fed up of them treating me like I'm a pain in the arse because I'm pregnant they are stressing me out so much!

I'm off sick because I've got a throat infection, don't speak to me on the phone like I'm the most difficult person in the world, lots of people are sick and considering lots of staff are short in hours what's the issue???

The dr gave me a note to say no sleep ins because you lot weren't looking after me properly and making me do 24 hour shifts you just don't seem to care about my health or my baby. So sending me an ominous letter about a meeting because of my dr's note on the day you bloody well know I have an appointment with my midwife and then complaining I'm awkward when I tell you I can't make it is only p*ssing me off more.

It's funny how my June rota has enough day shifts every week to give me my full hours couldn't you have managed this since January?

Just for that I might take another week off sick, you can stick your meeting where the sun don't shine and I'm one more nasty call, email or letter away from taking you to a tribunal!

Sorry for the rant guys but I've had enough :(

Go for it, better out than in. You do not need to be put under additional pressure when you have a much more important job to do looking after baby. Its just sad when employers are not understaning of your situation and make it difficult for you to be there.
Take some time put your feet up, you are not doing anything that is not within your rights and as an employer if they are not looking out for you, its good you are able to stand up for yourself and littleones wellbeing!
Take Care.

Hi ladies hope you don't mind me gate crashing here. I have been trying to conceive for 2 1/2 years without any success! I've just been diagnosed with PCOS today. I started doing SW from home last Tuesday. Just wondering if any of you have PCOS and have any advice or encouraging success stories x

sully123 said:
Hi ladies hope you don't mind me gate crashing here. I have been trying to conceive for 2 1/2 years without any success! I've just been diagnosed with PCOS today. I started doing SW from home last Tuesday. Just wondering if any of you have PCOS and have any advice or encouraging success stories x

Hey huni, it took me almost three years to conceive, I was told I had pcos then I didn't, I do have a partially blocked tube but after losing almost 4 stone with sw we conceived naturally :D I think losing weight is deffinately the key to success!

X x x

nbask said:
Go for it, better out than in. You do not need to be put under additional pressure when you have a much more important job to do looking after baby. Its just sad when employers are not understaning of your situation and make it difficult for you to be there.
Take some time put your feet up, you are not doing anything that is not within your rights and as an employer if they are not looking out for you, its good you are able to stand up for yourself and littleones wellbeing!
Take Care.

Thanks hun it's just really frustrating that they are being horrible! All of my managers are women aswel!

Thanks hun it's just really frustrating that they are being horrible! All of my managers are women aswel!

I know it is not much comfort to you now but my Mum is a great believer in Karma and kept telling me during my last pregnancy when I had to take time off due to stress as I had a lovely manager, bullying our whole team. If not ignoring them, berating them leading to HR investigation. I have just found out that he is being made redundant and will be gone by the time I return from current Maternity leave with baby No 2. Think HR will love me when I go back pregnant!!!No3 was our little pleasant suprise, maybe not for them though.

Wow your still on mat leave with no2 but your pregnant with no3? How long will you have back at work before you go back on mat leave?

I've had non stop movement from my bubs today he or she has not stopped!

My dog has begun with guard dog like behaviour around me and my house, he barks non stop if someone dares to walk past my front gate and he doesn't like anyone he doesn't know approaching me, it's a big change, he used to be a silly loloping dog that was hyper and never barked it's weird!

X x x

No3 was a bit of a suprise. I am due back beginning of June and No3 will be due end of December, so not long really. I am dreading that conversation dont know what they will say. :eek:

nbask said:
No3 was a bit of a suprise. I am due back beginning of June and No3 will be due end of December, so not long really. I am dreading that conversation dont know what they will say. :eek:

Lol well there is not much they can do about it!

How exciting! My hubby thinks that's going to happen to us because I won't go on any contraception after it took us so long to get pregnant this time!

X x x

I feel rubbish last couple days, for 3 days now I seem to have lost my appetite but what I am eating is rubbish, I seem to be eating it because I think I'm wanting it, even though I'm not hungry.
Yesterday I had
Weetabix mini's which I never finished
Tikka pasty
Half a bacon and chicken roll
Cheese and onion crisps
A Yorkie desert pot thing
Not even half of a Indians hubby ordered.
A few spoon's of icecream which I had for the sake of it

Today I've had -
Weetabix mini's which I forced down cos I had a bad head
Now I've had some freshly roasted chicken, coleslaw, 2 slices cheese, and some tiger bread.
I don't even feel sick or anything I'm just not hungry :(

Back