Pregnancy and Slimming World

Hey ladies, I'm only 34 weeks so I think I'm 4th in line :)
Been in agony the last few days, having been sleeping at night as finding it impossible to lay down due to back ache. Baby feels like its dropped a bit which is good coz I can breathe easier but then again she isn't moving as much. I have doctors appointment tomorrow so gonna see if my suspicions of having an infection are right.

4/5 engaged means baby's head is almost fully into the pelvis, if your a first time mum it's perfectly normal, although not sure I'd wanna go the next 9 weeks with a baby's head down there ouch x

mia_angel said:
Hey girls, seen the consultant today and she was happy to agree to me c-section.....we now have a date booked 11th JULY :) - that's if he doesnt come early, she said i can decide to carry on if all ok, or go ahead with c-section.

Does anyone know what 4/5 engagement on my notes mean? And is it normal at 31 weeks....

Yay, glad your getting the birth you'd chose so far. Yeah it's normal to be engaged at 31 weeks, sometimes babies take a bit longer - like mine lol. Not sure about 4/5 I think it means the mw still can feel 4/5's of babies head so it has 4/5's to go before fully engaged but I could be completely wrong I get confused which way round it it x

She said she couldn't feel baby's position with me today but I'm only 25 weeks, is that normal? Lol

X x x

They couldn't feel baby position with me til my 28 week appointment but I think it just depends how baby lying and how much fluid etc. My midwife didn't seem concerned x

Mummy2Bslim said:
She said she couldn't feel baby's position with me today but I'm only 25 weeks, is that normal? Lol

X x x

Definately, they won't start to feel for the position till your 31 week appointment and even then it doesn't actually matter how baby is laying.
Hoping to hear babies down tomorrow fingers crossed.

mia_angel said:
Hey girls, seen the consultant today and she was happy to agree to me c-section.....we now have a date booked 11th JULY :) - that's if he doesnt come early, she said i can decide to carry on if all ok, or go ahead with c-section.

Does anyone know what 4/5 engagement on my notes mean? And is it normal at 31 weeks....

There's a due date and weight gain thread hun if you want to have a look and be added on, just gives everyone an idea who's due when :) x

4/5 engaged is when they can only feel a fith of babies head

But they could have mean 4/5 palpable meaning 1/5 engaged and 4/5 of babies head could still be felt x

mummyClark said:
Definately, they won't start to feel for the position till your 31 week appointment and even then it doesn't actually matter how baby is laying.
Hoping to hear babies down tomorrow fingers crossed.

Oh good, she didn't seem worried but she was a bit flustered, she's normally a labour ward midwife and explained that she is only used to looking at the notes for info important to the labour lol she was nice though and it was nice to see the face of someone who may be there when I give birth lol.

I hope that's what you hear!

X x x

Thanks girls, just read up on it...the lower the number the more engaged baby is.

I just thought it was too early, and she didnt mention anything to me.....im so scared of going into labour early! but i will see how it goes if i do, might give it a go if all is going okay....

You just never know when they will make their appearance, but ive had this feeling all along he will come early.

Will look for that thread, thanks Teri

mummyClark said:
4/5 engaged is when they can only feel a fith of babies head

But they could have mean 4/5 palpable meaning 1/5 engaged and 4/5 of babies head could still be felt x

Lol no wonder I get confused x

mia_angel said:
hey hun, i cant find the thread :/

It's in pregnancy without the pounds and called due dates, weight gain
Let me know if you still can't find it :) x

Hi does anyone know if you still pay for slimming world classes when you are pregnant?

xxx

Silver Lady said:
What the most anyone has lost doing slimming world while pregnant?

I've not seen anyone lose weight before labour, only after or is that what you mean?

oh how rubbish! do you lose weight or do you just maintain? just found out i'm pregnant but i'm 23 weeks!! but don't want to balloon up so sticking with slimming world

xxx

Silver Lady said:
What the most anyone has lost doing slimming world while pregnant?

I lost 8 lb's while pregnant this time following sw, needless to say circumstances changed and as soon as I stopped I put it all back on gradually and more x

oabaab said:
oh how rubbish! do you lose weight or do you just maintain? just found out i'm pregnant but i'm 23 weeks!! but don't want to balloon up so sticking with slimming world

xxx

Some of the ladies on here have lost, some maintain, some gain, a few have a mixture of all during pregnancy. Good luck though x

oabaab said:

xxx

I am 34 weeks and am 4 pound shy of gaining 2 stone, which I don't think is too bad, it depends on how overweight you are to start with xx

Back