Pregnancy and Slimming World

Nope 6 weeks left, just trying to get the place sorted for bubbas arrival.
In hindsight I should have weighed in yesterday x

I'm getting the panics about not being able to do anything in my house, there's just no point until the central heating has been installed because they will be selling and lifting floor boards and just the thought of it is making me stressed!

We need to get the nursery plastered and also our bedroom and the nursery carpeted and need to get my washing machine plumbed in!

And my husband keeps talking about painting the living room which is making me stressed!

X x x

Anyone have an antinatal health visitor appointment?
I had a health visitor turn up at my door yesterday for my antinatal visit - first I'd heard of it, secondly what the hell is a health visitor doing at my door before baby is born? She says that everyone has an antinatal health visit check, even though I never had one with my lo less than 2 years ago! Firstly hubby said she showed great surprise at the fact I was working full time. On the phone I told her I couldn't get any time off work until 8th June and then I'd be 38 weeks, she wanted to see me before then. if it's not important I don't see what the problem is. Also when I came off phone to her I started thinking what was she there for, there's nothing for her to check up unless she's checking up on me......so I rang midwife. Explained I wasn't very happy as no one informed me of such an appointment and I feel like I've been bombarded. Midwife says its just to get to know me and ask a few questions so I've met her prior to baby being born, surely it's my choice whether I am bothered if I've met my health visitor before baby is born or not? I've got enough on my plate to be sat at home when I should be at work for daft appointments or am I missing something? Sorry for the rant but this has been sprung on me and I don't know what to think x

Hi ladies

Interesting article in the independent today - Now dieting in pregnancy is good for you - Health News - Health & Families - The Independent

Just wish I had actually lost some whilst following plan... my weigh in today (am hoping to have put on less than 2 stone overall) - Last week i weighed 2s 1lb (but didnt go to class but my scales are accurate). I had been good (ish) - All meals are slimming world and low syn.... e.g. probs only have 3-4 syns in my meals. Its the snacks that are the problem... Tues I was really good, stuck to plan compltely, 9.5 syns in total, Wed I stuck to plan and was really good except the slice of gate I guessed was 25 syns. Yesterday I was good again with all my meals apart from the entire pack of galaxy counters (which was 38 syns on the back)

Just as well I am trying at the main meals isnt it? :)

sweet chantily - when i had my dd i didnt lose anything when breast feeding. After having Amy I was 12-1 (losing about a stone) and I was still 12-1 when I joined weight watchers when she was 5.5 months. All I think is thank god i was breast feeding. My hubby was great when I had her and he did a lot of the cooking but he has a more demanding job now and back later.

I have just ordered these this morning - 50 SATCO - STRONG PLASTIC FOOD CONTAINERS - 650ml | eBay

Then batch cook the following (when i go on maternity) -
chilli con carne
bolognaise sauce
curry
casseroles
lasagne
mousakka
cottage pie
chick pea dahl

some things to serve with rice, some with pasta and some with veg and potatoes .... :)
Am not going to both with freezing cooked pasta, rice or anything like that. my husband can do that but i might see if there are frozen veg on offer as buying stocks of fresh is a bit of pain esp as its only me who does the shopping.

when i go on mat leave my plan is to do a meal each day, have 2 portions and eat 2 portions. some meals might make 4 portions so will do that.

Oasis - The visit is normal in some areas (not my area) but my sister lives in gateshead and they checked her house too. She felt like it was to check that her house was suitable for a new baby. She wasnt bothered tho as its normal in her area so her friends also had it. She had more visits at home after the birth too, whereas I got 2 i think she got most of hers at home and most of her checks even as her daughter got older the health visitor came home. Maybe there is a lot of births in gateshead (being a city) and they dont have big enough areas for a health clinic.

good luck mummy clark at weigh in after all those carbs :) i am a carb girl as well but less bread and more rice, pasta and potatoes.
am going to go to morrisons and do my food shop this morning before i start work so better get on and right a list before my daughter gets up!

geordie_lass21 said:
good luck mummy clark at weigh in after all those carbs :) i am a carb girl as well but less bread and more rice, pasta and potatoes.
am going to go to morrisons and do my food shop this morning before i start work so better get on and right a list before my daughter gets up!

Thanks, think its gone to pot this week though as I'm having pizza and coke for breakfast, it's a shame coz iv been really good the rest of the week

Yay!! My central heating is getting installed on Wednesday yay yay yay :D

And we picked and paid for our carpet for our bedroom yesterday £165 not bad we had put aside £250! Means the extra money can go towards getting our washing machine installed :D

That means all that is left to do is get babies room plastered £220 and carpeted we said £200 but I think given that it's 5 foot smaller each way than our room it will be half that!

Woooooooooo

X x x

Just got weighed, I put on 2.5 officially in 2 weeks but means I lost this week and have overall weight gain of 1s 13.5lb :) am happy with that as on target to not go over 35lb gain.

I reckon I must eat 1400 - 1600 cals on SW food (as most days am good at meals) but let myself down by eating 500+ cals on snacks a day. Yest was a bad day with 38 syns just on galaxy counters!

BTW I darent buy pizza, that was my downfall last time. So I have none in the freezer! Lol

Just had a total epic fail trying to peel a boiled egg!

Lol!

Also does anyone else get a stitch like if I'm lying on my left I will get a stitch like pain on my right and vice versa

X x x

Last edited:
I had stiches, but its apparently the muscles stretching - i found rubbing them helped slightly, but they just seem to go after a few days!

xxx

As long as they are normal then that's ok :D

I'm watching glee and been crying like a baby!

X x x

Lol Geordie lass unfortunately was a deep fill takeaway pizza do was 10 times as bad, probably about 3000 calories on it at least before the bottle of coke

Wish me luck I'm on my way to weigh myself x

Haha how did u get on? I have been good apart from 1 galaxy bar. Having sausage casserole for dinner.

I was dehydrated at weigh in tho. Pizza sounds really nice! Am def fancying pizza now but will make do with casserole, pots and veg.

1 week left of work woohoo lol

I've discovered when I wear my bump tubigrip it stops me from eating loads.......as it's so tight I don't have room lol x

Woo hoo just got home, I lost a pound this week, sure it will come back with avengance next week. Would say I'm going to be good again this week but as its my last 2 days at work this weekend I'm going toast the most of my free fry ups i get for breakfast. Mwah ha ha xx

You did well, :) I thought u had been bad with the pizza! Lol

I had sausage casserole, potato and veg for tea tonight. Hubby tried to say we didn't need potatoes as we had a huge lunch. I nearly had hissy fit as I was starved. I said maybe the baby is having a growth spurt and he actually said "is that ur excuse now?"

I had potatoes BTW!

Would any of you ladies take pictures of babies head coming out or video?

I've just been told my cousins mother was busy snapping pictures of her bits as baby came out who are they going to show them too? If my mam turned to me and said here Amy look at these pictures of your head coming out of my vagina I would say no thanks mam I love you but I don't want to look at your lady parts!

My mum will be with me at the birth along with my husband but in her words "I'm not going down near your business end!" lol I don't want them there to ogle my stretching lady parts I want them there to hold my hands and tell me I'm not a wimp and I can do it! My hubby doesn't want to look because as he says I want sex again one day lol!

I hope I don't offend anyone if you have or will be doing any of the above, just personaly find it a bit strange!

X x x

Lol my husband said he would never look, but he was down there watching our daughter come out and said it was the most amazing thing ever, would never have pictures taken down there though. Trust me ladies though, when your there and having contractions and pushing, nothing matters to you anymore, and all thoughts of dignity are thrown way out the window. It may be disgusting if your focusing on the gory bits, but I'm guessing most dads/birthing partners only concentrate on the child that is coming into the world. I would love to be someone's birthing partner to witness it for myself x

I wouldn't want my mum there anyway but my hubby was watching

However I wouldn't want it recorded. When would u ever look at a dvd? I didnt want one at my wedding either mind (much to mums annoyance). She did one either, don't think we ever watched it.

We took lots of.photos tho! :) not of the baby coming out tho!

It's not about dignity but I just can't imagine ever wanting to flip through a photo album and say here look at your head coming out of my vagina! And even worse would not want my mum down there, yes she wiped me at birth but it's Been a very long time since then lol.

My hubby is very squeamish and faints easily so I know he won't go down there and that doesn't bother me, the thought of cutting the cord literally turned him green so my mum is having that honour.

She had her mum and sister there as she doesn't know which of two boys the father is (she is 25 they are boys at 17 and 18) she's an attention seeking person she was on Facebook giving everyone a countdown of how many centimetres she was, I know it's mean but I had to laugh she got all high and mighty on Facebook saying she's doing a hypno birth and will not have any pain relief - she ended up with an epidural. It's only funny because she was so full of herself.

I'm aiming for gas and air, paracetamol and a tens machine but if I need any of the drugs I will have them! My preference is not to have an epidural though as I know a lot of people suffer back problems after and I've already had 2 slipped disks so from a medical point of view would rather avoid agravating my back if possible by avoiding an epidural but if needs must then plug me in!

Sorry I'm just a bit emotionally highly strung tonight!

X x x

Back