Pregnancy and Slimming World

I need to push my body to the max and try not to opt for epidural this time as the risk is much higher of needing an emergency section and I need to keep that in mind and see how far I can go. The pain might just get to much but I want hubby to push me too. I didn't know about an epidural first time I wish I had. Although I hope this labour is quicker than 36 hours and doesn't end up in an emergency section anyway x

I'm scared of needing a c section I'm also scared of forceps and stuff but whatever is necessary!

Birth is so unpredictable!

X x x

I'm scared of needing a c section I'm also scared of forceps and stuff but whatever is necessary!

Birth is so unpredictable!

X x x

When I was in labour with Amy I begged for the forceps. Now I have watched One Born Every Minute I am glad I never got them as they are huge! However I had an awful midwife - if i get her again am going to ask for an alternative. She was horrid!

I was pushing with everything I had and she said I wasnt pushing.... I argued that I was and she was like "how can you be pushing if you are talking?" - i swore at her (i remember doing it) and I never swear!!

Then she threatened me with forceps.... I said i wanted them as i knew she was just threatening me as though I wasnt pushing.. when I was! After 20 mins of waiting (and the contractions hurt) i was like "where is the guy with the f***ing forceps" i was fuming.

Then when he turned up I said "about f***ing time".... i never swear and yet i remember the words coming out of my mouth. I didnt get them as I pushed her out without them... but irritated was not the word.

I am scared of injections so didnt want an epidural - the idea of a drip in your arm and a needle in your back freaks me out. I definitely dont want pethidene as can make you feel sick. Last time i had gas and air (and the midwife took that off me as said i wasnt pushing)) and a tens machine (turned up to the max).

Now i cant decide what to have.... my husband thinks am crazy for just saying i might just have the same pain relief as before (e.g. not much) but i still done want an epidural or pethidene. and i did the birth last time and although it hurt (lets be honest its going to hurt) it wasnt "that bad".... and I managed!

Plus if you knew me I have a very low pain threshold. My best mate had a baby 2 months before me and her husband actually said to me that I wouldnt be able to cope with the pain as i have such a low pain threshold... i told her recently that at the time it was a really worrying thing to say to me!

They don't offer pethidine anymore in Wales because it's so addictive as it shares it's family tree with heroin it's diamorphine you get around here which isn't as strong or addictive.

Forceps just look so cruel! I don't understand how they don't pull babies head off the amount of pulling I've seen on obem!

My mum keeps telling me I will need more pain relief than I'm expecting, I'm one of those f you I can do it! Types lol I worked with a boy who got stuck on the way out and his oxygen had been so severely restricted he had severe learning difficulties so I think with that knowledge and experience I want to get baby out as quickly as possible lol

X x x

I've just realised I've had tuna 3 times this week oops!

The guidelines say 2 so I better chill on the tuna!

X x x

Mummy2Bslim said:
I've just realised I've had tuna 3 times this week oops!

The guidelines say 2 so I better chill on the tuna!

X x x

I think it's 2 fresh steaks or 4 cans so depends which you had, not that it's really gonna hurt anyway.

I've had three cans lol so I'm ok then, it's to do with mercury poisoning isn't it?

Xxx

Yer it's for the mercury levels, even of your one over I wouldn't worry, like most things I expect they set the limit a lot lower than is actually safe. And it's only a risk not a definite 'your baby will have mercury poisoning' kind of thing xx

To try and be healthy as possible this week I've bought, 2 lots strawberries, 2 punnets grapes, 2 large honeydew melons, 5 grapefruit, a big bag of apples. Snack a Jack caramels large, and jacket potatoes and WW meals for lunches. I hope it balances out any rubbish I eat x

oasis6918 said:
To try and be healthy as possible this week I've bought, 2 lots strawberries, 2 punnets grapes, 2 large honeydew melons, 5 grapefruit, a big bag of apples. Snack a Jack caramels large, and jacket potatoes and WW meals for lunches. I hope it balances out any rubbish I eat x

Well that would be me set for tomorrow, not sure bout the rest of the week, I inhale fruit when I buy it x

I think it's because I prefer fruit that takes some preparing, pineapple, melon, kiwi, strawberries, grapefruit etc I go through stages with banana's, I only like granny smith apples but I don't eat too many only because when I'm at work I need free hands to type so I keep thinking I'll grab an apple in a minute then I don't. Going to try really hard next week, I have to x

I'm gonna give it a go too 23 lbs on so far, hoping not to gain too much more, would be great to stay the same but realistically with stopping work, im gonna be pretty sedentary, but ta never know. Do you have a goal for what you want to have gained x

oasis6918 said:

I buy loads too but tbh its my hubby and daughter who eat most of it. Except the grapes .. I am addicted to them but think so expensive at £5 a kg!

I been to friends for tea, ww had a bbq and not SW friendly. Oh my god am so stuffed lol

Am ready for bed now, got one more act on the voice then am off to get some sleep!

What idiot watches titanic when they have high hormones ... Oh yes that would be me!!

mummyClark said:
I'm gonna give it a go too 23 lbs on so far, hoping not to gain too much more, would be great to stay the same but realistically with stopping work, im gonna be pretty sedentary, but ta never know. Do you have a goal for what you want to have gained x

I wanted to gain no more than 2 st but I've already gained 2st 7. however it all seems to be around my bump, I have only gone up one dress size and I don't think I'll go up anymore so I'd like to not gain more than 3 stone but that's very unlikely in the next 5 weeks. I don't look as big as I did first time either or feel as big. Although I'm having a proper melt down after my bath tonight x

oasis6918 said:
I wanted to gain no more than 2 st but I've already gained 2st 7. however it all seems to be around my bump, I have only gone up one dress size and I don't think I'll go up anymore so I'd like to not gain more than 3 stone but that's very unlikely in the next 5 weeks. I don't look as big as I did first time either or feel as big. Although I'm having a proper melt down after my bath tonight x

Same here with the 2 stone goal, so not doing too bad with 5 pound left to play with, main thibg for me was not going over 15stone. If i can fit into my 16 jeans ill be happy. I know what you mean about not looking as big as last time though, my face hasnt ballooned, just the stomach mainly, poddibly my thighs too, i always put on my thighs first

And its 2 heA and 2 heB, but your only supposed to do extra easy while pregnant xx

Silver Lady said:
okay just a quickie and know it has been asked before just can't find it! How many hex a and b's do you get on green when pregnant?

Hiya, 2 of each, you are meant to only to ee plan though when pregnant but I'm on. an expert :), but forgive my memory are you the lady that is a vegetarian?

Back