Pregnancy and Slimming World

Don't get too down on yourself, I put on weight after my first, breastfeeding can be exhausting and looking after 2 kids can't help, you just don't get time to eat properly. Hoping motherhood really is better 2nd time round, I had a rough time last time x

Just been to my midwife appointment, 35 weeks because I can't make any appointments next week. Firstly my midwife is on holiday and they weren't expecting me til later, then I got a student midwife but I saw her with my first pregnancy too and she's really nice so I didn't mind that so much even if she did keep getting my name wrong. But the annoying part of it is that I have only been told today that I have to see the midwife every week from now on due to high bmi and increased risks. I was never told this until now, surely since I specifically cancelled next weeks appointment and explained there was no way of me getting there they should have told me then I still have to have an appointment. Why don't they tell me these things? I've currently left it with them seeing if they can see me out of hours before I go to work at 8.30 so we will see x

Wasnt it in your book hun ... mine said every week for last month i think ... i have to see them twice a week at the moment so its a real pain in the butt especially when they keep sending me up the hospital everytime my bp shoots up and then hospital act like i shouldnt be there lol.

Well 3 weeks today and my little girl should be safely in my arms sooo not sure im ready for that though.

have regained my bouncing 2lb again think i should stop weighing till day before section but i guess i wont be able to lol

No it's got 32, 36, 38, 40, 41, 42. She says if I didn't have a high bmi and under consultant then I wouldn't have to come every week yet :(
I know it is for the best which is fair enough I wish they'd told me though so I could make preparations for work and travel etc
How you getting on now? x

I'd hate to go every week, every fortnight is too often in my opinion, surely you would only need to go if you had a problem

They reckon it's the same for everyone with high bmi (they must surely mean everyone in our NHS though not everyone can be the same) as higher risk of pre eclampsia, unstable lie, and risk of still born and they monitor babies movements closer. You'd think I was 30st or something. I never had this first time but I wasn't under consultant first time either. I've never had any concerns or problems with either pregnancy, never once had high bp but they were very stern that I had to go back next week as they have to weigh me at 36 weeks and have to access in case of ecv but this is all news to me. She just kept saying it's normal practice for high bmi

Very strange, I never heard of of any of that, although maybe as my bmi was only 28 at booking it doesn't affect me. Just seems strange that they don't base it on a weight later in pregnancy. My sis in law is 38 weeks now, smokes and is low risk, but she has gained 5 stone so surely she should be at a higher risk now x

I wish i got to go every week... i like going. I like finding out what position baby is in, if its dropped any lower etc etc. Going though isnt an inconvenience, the doctors is just down the road (a few mins in the car) and i often work from home

I am tired again today, was up early again - seems to be the norm these days (5.35am this morning). Hubby however wasnt well. He pulled a muscle yest in his back but was ok all evening and before bed. However this morning he could not get out of bed... at all... it took him 3.5 hours before he got out of bed (and that was after ibroprofen and paracetamol - and after i called nhs direct! and he had applied a hot flannel and some deep heat.) He was almost in tears with the pain this morning, and when he tried to move he was sick. The stronger painkillers the doc recommended have helped though - although they said he will be bad tomorrow too.

So least he knows what child birth is like!! Although when he said it couldnt be that that painful i threatened not to go to the chemist to get his drugs haha

geordie_lass21 said:
I wish i got to go every week... i like going. I like finding out what position baby is in, if its dropped any lower etc etc. Going though isnt an inconvenience, the doctors is just down the road (a few mins in the car) and i often work from home

I am tired again today, was up early again - seems to be the norm these days (5.35am this morning). Hubby however wasnt well. He pulled a muscle yest in his back but was ok all evening and before bed. However this morning he could not get out of bed... at all... it took him 3.5 hours before he got out of bed (and that was after ibroprofen and paracetamol - and after i called nhs direct! and he had applied a hot flannel and some deep heat.) He was almost in tears with the pain this morning, and when he tried to move he was sick. The stronger painkillers the doc recommended have helped though - although they said he will be bad tomorrow too.

So least he knows what child birth is like!! Although when he said it couldnt be that that painful i threatened not to go to the chemist to get his drugs haha

I look forward to going each time, but the one week I really can't go they spring it on me that I have to go, there not very good at keeping me up to date with what will be happening, I did not know it'd be every week from now on, I understand why and appreciate it, after all I'd complain if they didn't say attention and something happened but I just don't like feeling like I'm being messed around and I seem to get the run around every time I have an appointment, 1 step forward 2 back sort of thing. My docs is right on my doorstep literally, but I work a few towns over lol. Hope your hubby gets better soon x

I look forward to going each time, but the one week I really can't go they spring it on me that I have to go, there not very good at keeping me up to date with what will be happening, I did not know it'd be every week from now on, I understand why and appreciate it, after all I'd complain if they didn't say attention and something happened but I just don't like feeling like I'm being messed around and I seem to get the run around every time I have an appointment, 1 step forward 2 back sort of thing. My docs is right on my doorstep literally, but I work a few towns over lol. Hope your hubby gets better soon x

Thanks, i think he will be bad in the morning again to be honest as he will be stiff from sleeping on it. The doctor said it will take about a week to get better.

My friend is the same as me - almost 34 weeks and she had her appointment today (the first one since 28weeks) wheereas I had one at 28 and 31, next one is 34.... with my first they went week from 36 I think as well but because i was monitored for pre eclampsia. I am hoping as i need to me monitored a lot in the third trimester that i will get weekly appointments... am just nosey haha!!

Im not to bad now thanks oasis was in hospital again yesterday with the high bp and pain but thinks its just the way of things for the next few weeks ... To be honest im getting a bit scared now it seems to have gone so fast in some ways not sure im ready for a babe yet .

I know the appointments can be annoying but try and just look at it on the plus side of extra listen in to baby time. I dread it though cause they send me up the damn hospital half the time and its a pain.

the last aches and pains have kicked in now too ..forever thinking ohhh is this the start of labour lol

I been awake since 4 ish again. Feeling so tired but just can't get back to sleep! 3 more days st work tho .... today, thurs and Fri :)

Hi everyone,

My little baby boy was born on his due date 6th may.

Finlay David Baker, 7lb 13.

Everything was going well, waters went at 22:00 fully dilated by 14:00 next day with only gas and air.

But Finlay was back to back and not going anywhere. Had to have an epidural to hold off pushing to see if he would turn. But he didn't.
So was taken to theatre for forceps and then an emergency c-section.

Finlay is perfect and that's all I wanted, a healthy baby. He is so gorgeous and I love him so much already.

Hope everyone else is ok x

Attachments

• image-675821752.jpg
    image-675821752.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 68
Sophie1980 said:
Hi everyone,

My little baby boy was born on his due date 6th may.

Finlay David Baker, 7lb 13.

Everything was going well, waters went at 22:00 fully dilated by 14:00 next day with only gas and air.

But Finlay was back to back and not going anywhere. Had to have an epidural to hold off pushing to see if he would turn. But he didn't.
So was taken to theatre for forceps and then an emergency c-section.

Finlay is perfect and that's all I wanted, a healthy baby. He is so gorgeous and I love him so much already.

Hope everyone else is ok x

Oh my god he's gorgeous, where did you spring from?! I didn't realise you were due next. Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy. Hope your doing well. Good luck with your recovery. I love the name Finlay x

Yeah I remember you've posted before I just hadn't realised you were so close, is he sleeping and feeding well? x

He sleeps ok at night but is quite restless during the day and wants to be held all the time. Think he's had too many cuddles last 2 weeks.

He wouldn't latch on to me so I'm expressing my milk and he's feeding really well. I was determined he'd have my milk, firstly cause its obviously better for him and also to burn calories and help me lose weight quicker.

How long have you got now?

I've got 31 days, seems like ages away though. Had scan today and baby's head down so it means hopefully no c section for me.
It's good that your still able to express if you want him to have your milk. My friend tried that but she dried up really quickly, she was really upset.
What's the plan for weight loss? if you have one yet x

Congrats Sophie, sounds like a hard labour though.

You're doing brilliant on the expressing, I couldn't express, I still managed to breastfeed aa she took to it well. It just meant I never got a break! Hope I can breastfeed this time.

Back