Pregnancy and Slimming World

I'm exhausted anyway been awake since 5, been out in heat and burnt a bit :( the heat is taking away what little energy I have. I kept having to sit in shade baby didn't seem to like the sun on my belly, she must have been able to feel the heat. I really need an early night x

Iv been away since yesterday in great Yarmouth, sunshine is glorious but agree really taking it out on me, just woke up from an hours nap before I head back out. Really gonna need a good lay in when we get home Wednesday.

yeah the heat is a killer . ive been in and out of hospital like a yo yo cause bp been up probably cause its so damn hot. i have a scan and consultant appointment tomorrow the midwifes are saying ask to have section brought forward as its silly having to keep sending me up and down all the time .

anyone else ankles gone in the heat? mine are fine when i wake up - by 10am they are chubby fat lumps! haha!

be gone heat......i look like an elephant! :D haha! i am loving my maxi dress though - haha xxxx

anyone else ankles gone in the heat? mine are fine when i wake up - by 10am they are chubby fat lumps! haha!

be gone heat......i look like an elephant! :D haha! i am loving my maxi dress though - haha xxxx

Snap hun a couple of hours up and walking and boom big fat feet

sweetchant1lly said:
yeah the heat is a killer . ive been in and out of hospital like a yo yo cause bp been up probably cause its so damn hot. i have a scan and consultant appointment tomorrow the midwifes are saying ask to have section brought forward as its silly having to keep sending me up and down all the time .

How long you got left? I agree with u ladies - heat is a killer, also it slows my movements down then I panic and cram in a load.of sweets to kickstart my movements. It worked btw but wish I didn't panic so much!

Does heat slow anyone else's movements?

I could barely cope in work today! So hot! Had my 30wk appt today which was running 1.5hrs behind & mine took 1hr! Bloods done, bp done, fundal height, then repeated scan to check size & got dates changed with docs approval- then had a swab taken as I had tests done in dec when I was in hospital & found out I was pregnant - got a letter last week(6 mths later) to say signs of infection!!!) so midwife testing just in case! Urged me to make a complaint too....

Just wondering if anyone else has ever been sore after a swab?

Baby is 3-3.5lbs & bump 30cm at the minute and despite my fears the clever wee pup is face down already! So what I thought was a head is actually a bum!!!

Gotta go for glucose test next thurs now- appts all seem to kick off from now! Hopefully that means its gonna fly?!?!

ye heat is a killer on feet and yes my bBys movements have tended to slow down in heat but when it gets cooler of a night and i start to relax i get lots of moving

beccaharrison89 said:
ye heat is a killer on feet and yes my bBys movements have tended to slow down in heat but when it gets cooler of a night and i start to relax i get lots of moving

Thanks Becca, I got loads last night. I went upstairs to relax after some sweets and cold good drink. He eventually.kick started his movements and didn't stop til I went to bed. Plus he moving abt this morning too.:)

Well last day of my hols today and iv been up since 4, feel knackered now though, watching my daughter running around and playing loudly with a toy bus isn't helping

mummyClark said:
Well last day of my hols today and iv been up since 4, feel knackered now though, watching my daughter running around and playing loudly with a toy bus isn't helping

Hope u enjoyed ur hols. What a brilliant week to be off relaxing in the sun (altho the heat was bit too intense at times for me, have had to remove my wedding rings for sleeps).

How long you got left? I agree with u ladies - heat is a killer, also it slows my movements down then I panic and cram in a load.of sweets to kickstart my movements. It worked btw but wish I didn't panic so much!

Does heat slow anyone else's movements?

I am having a section on the 11th of june hun ... had my last growth scan yesteday as i have been measuring like 43 weeks for past few weeks . Her tummy and waist mesurments put her at 6lb 11 but her head is engaged and her bum is still under my ribs so looks like i have a tall baby. the sonographer was amazed at how active she still was ...said she hadnt seen quite such a active baby at this stage before. baby also looks like she has long hair al my others havent realy had much so thats going to be unusual lol.

im finding i feel crazy mad about everything at the moment if someone upsets me im fuming.. had a fall out with bf again the other day as he said he was contactable and then wasnt. Then yesterday he managed to break the new pram there isnt even time to send it back and get a replacement so at the moment im ready to kill him ... Dont know how were going get through this one

Not too long to wait then SweetC! Good luck babe xxx

Ive got my scan at the new hospital tomorrow - cant wait to see the bubbette!!! :D

Also joined a class last night - and its pretty good, get 2 As 2 Bs and 15 syns and all the free foods - hoorah!!!! everyone was surprised i am 6 months pregnant as they say i didnt look it! Here is my 25 week photo, i am sure i look 6 mths preggie, but perhaps they were being kind! :D

xxx

Attachments

• image-877966643.jpg
    image-877966643.jpg
    481.7 KB · Views: 128
I could barely cope in work today! So hot! Had my 30wk appt today which was running 1.5hrs behind & mine took 1hr! Bloods done, bp done, fundal height, then repeated scan to check size & got dates changed with docs approval- then had a swab taken as I had tests done in dec when I was in hospital & found out I was pregnant - got a letter last week(6 mths later) to say signs of infection!!!) so midwife testing just in case! Urged me to make a complaint too....

Just wondering if anyone else has ever been sore after a swab?

Baby is 3-3.5lbs & bump 30cm at the minute and despite my fears the clever wee pup is face down already! So what I thought was a head is actually a bum!!!

Gotta go for glucose test next thurs now- appts all seem to kick off from now! Hopefully that means its gonna fly?!?!

Can I ask why your dates were changed, Im not happy with the due date Iv been given as they moved it forward a week, but im not convinced its right because I am sure of my dates. Normally I wouldnt be concerned but they are giving me a section at 38 weeks so If my dates are a week out that could mean Im actually having section at 37 weeks. I would love them to re-date me but not sure if they will.

Last edited:
Can I ask why your dates were changed, Im not happy with the due date Iv been given as they moved it forward a week, but im not convinced its right because I am sure of my dates. Normally I wouldnt be concerned but they are giving me a section at 38 weeks so If my dates are a week out that could mean Im actually having section at 37 weeks. I would love them to re-date me but not sure if they will.

sweet if your unhappy about it tell them tell them you want to wait the extra week unless they have a really good reason for you not to it shouldnt be a problem

Ive got my scan at the new hospital tomorrow - cant wait to see the bubbette!!! :D

Also joined a class last night - and its pretty good, get 2 As 2 Bs and 15 syns and all the free foods - hoorah!!!! everyone was surprised i am 6 months pregnant as they say i didnt look it! Here is my 25 week photo, i am sure i look 6 mths preggie, but perhaps they were being kind! :D

xxx

i think you look fab hun your bumps really nice and neat but looks great

Hi I dont mind having a section at 38 wks because they said its necessary due to me having developed gestational diabetes, its quite severe and I have been on insulin since 18 weeks (now 24) im just concerned that if my dates are wrong it wont be 38 weeks it will be 37 weeks. When i had my 2nd scan at 20 weeks, she measured babay and I saw on the screen that it said 19wks, which I think was much closer to what I thought i was, I did query it but she said they dont change due date at second scan, so im not sure what to do. They are going to give me steroid injections for babys lungs, but I still feel uncomfortable about it. Im seeing consultant again in 3 weeks time so ill mention it then, but she's not particularly approachable and tends to patronise.

I am having a section on the 11th of june hun ... had my last growth scan yesteday as i have been measuring like 43 weeks for past few weeks . Her tummy and waist mesurments put her at 6lb 11 but her head is engaged and her bum is still under my ribs so looks like i have a tall baby. the sonographer was amazed at how active she still was ...said she hadnt seen quite such a active baby at this stage before. baby also looks like she has long hair al my others havent realy had much so thats going to be unusual lol.

im finding i feel crazy mad about everything at the moment if someone upsets me im fuming.. had a fall out with bf again the other day as he said he was contactable and then wasnt. Then yesterday he managed to break the new pram there isnt even time to send it back and get a replacement so at the moment im ready to kill him ... Dont know how were going get through this one

Sorry you rowed with your bf. It will be hormones though so dont worry so much.... how did he break the new pram? is it actually broken as sometimes they are hard to put up and down and appear that way. you should get a replacement pretty quick! just give them a call to sort it. also if your having c section on 11th june you probs wont be out til the 14th june earliest (maybe even the 15th) so you got 2 weeks still even with the bank hols. just say you were getting ready for the baby and noticed it had a fault.

xxx

i think you look great too. i wish i looked that good as i look a bit of a frump but least tryng not too put too much on (we shall see how i get on friday morning but think its 30lbs at 35 weeks! i hope i dont go over 40 weeks as i really want to put on no more than the 35lb limit for my bmi! if i go over am more likely to put more on!!

bailey80 said:

Heh I wasn't sure about my dates at all as my dad was really sick & I was just about functioning so was almost 7 wks per first scan b4 I found out! My next scan showed 10.5 weeks & due date 23/8 then bump measured two weeks ahead of that each appt- 20week scan agreed showing 12/8 as due date from femur & tummy measurements so on Monday they had changed date in file but not on system so I measured well ahead again & as it was over 10days of a difference they chose to adjust my dates

Back