Pregnancy and Slimming World

Thanks, hope your doing well. Good luck for weigh in. I have no idea where all the weight went in those first few days it has to be water and a lot to do with the fact there was 5 days where I hardly ate anything but 36 hours in labour caused me to lose my appetite then 2 days of mostly hospital food didn't entice me. I don't think on loss will be anything like that this time. I only weighed 5 days after because I put on a top I'd thrown on as soon as I went into labour when I got checked at hospital (before I came home for a bit) and it drowned me, so I weighed and I just couldn't believe my scales.
I'm sure you'll do great though, I still ran baby weight is easier to lose for me x

Saw my new midwife today and heard baby heartbeat again :) got a recording of it too - like a little train!!!

Also had my first weigh in from rejoining sw and lost 6lbs this week! Crikey! I'm sure it's just a First week fluke!

Xxx

Do u know what ur having? Galloping horses means a girl whereas sounding like a train is a boy. That's according to the old wiv

Meant to say old wives tale.6lb loss in pregnancy is brilliant. Well done!

Ellebear said:
Saw my new midwife today and heard baby heartbeat again :) got a recording of it too - like a little train!!!

Also had my first weigh in from rejoining sw and lost 6lbs this week! Crikey! I'm sure it's just a First week fluke!

Xxx

Wow, that's fab. Well done x

geordie_lass21 said:
Do u know what ur having? Galloping horses means a girl whereas sounding like a train is a boy. That's according to the old wiv

We recorded both heartbeats, and my little boy did sound more of a train and yes my little girl sounds like more of galloping horses, so it might just be a coincidence but it's worked for us :) x

Aww Cas she is gorgeous. How are you doing with the weight loss and what way are you doing it? Are you sticking to slimming world or something else? When I had Amy I completely craved sweet stuff afterwards and I worry I will again – I would need abt 30 syns to ‘partially” satisfy my cravings haha. I might tweak SW and see how I get on, have 25 syns a day but reduce the A’s and B’s. I drink Skimmed Milk as it is so get lots of calcium and planning on breast feeding too so maybe just have 2 As and 2 Bs.

Ideally i’d to lose a stone after having the baby (thats what I did with Amy) which will take me to the top of my bmi range) and then I want to lose the next stone and half before March (definitely by the beginning of May though as my little sister is getting married)!

So whens Sweet Chantily’s c section? Becca not long for you and you never know you could be early. I still have 4 weeks left and as Amy was a week late I expect to be late with this one too. Problem is I am soooo uncomfortable already. I am struggling to bend over (i don’t remember this with Amy). I think its because I am having a boy so i am mainly bump and its one massive ball. I really cant imagine another 5 weeks of it (lets be realistic i will probs be late).

Got to wait in for my Ikea delivery today (which is annoying as its my day with my little girl) and then tomorrow am going to build the wardrobes! Friday is my weigh in and am hoping I can rack 2 days of being good into the mix of naughties haha. Its a taste tester so not sure what to make but as on maternity definitely will make something..... off to browse rest of minimins now (not really done that lately).

BTW Oasis you did amazing there – how you lost 22/23 pounds in 5 days is crazy. Amy was 6-8 (so only 2 pounds less) and yet I only lost 14 pounds when I weighed 4 days after birth. Then I stayed the same for 5.5 months (although realistically i don’t actually know as didn’t weigh myself at all, i could of put on a stone as i craved sweet stuff and lost it as she got bigger and took more milk).

Hi, thanks she's a good lil baby when she's not hungry!

I think sweetchanti section is next wk-only 4 wks left till you meet ur gorgeous lil man, my last 3 wks flew by so hope it does for you too and all the other june/july bumps!

Ive done ok with weightloss I gained 7lb by end of pregnancy lost 22lbs 2 wks after birth, so I was a stone lighter than pre preg but cos I was breastfeeding I gained a few pounds back on, like how you were I just was craving sweet things like choc and cake couldnt stomach proper meals they damage my ribs bit during my section which didnt help. So I was eating alot of sweet things for energy. With my other 2 pregnancies I bottlefed and the weight dropt off so maybe its different with b/f even though they say its meant to help with weightloss.
At moment im mix feeding my baby she wasnt gaining alot of weight so she's formula fed too, which works out well for us both. I lost a few pounds over last 2-3 wks with calorie counting just started a diary in the calorie counting section, so im nearly bk to being a stone lighter!
As ive got no pregnancy weight to lose the normal weight is much harder to get off im doing calorie counting just find it alot easier I know I wud go way over on syns with sw at the moment so calorie counting fits better around the family too x

Hope I see some of you mummys on our yummy mummy weightloss thread soon.

All my heartbeats were horse galloping and ive got 3 girls! xx

Ellebear said:
I've been told its 90% a little girl! :) I think it's a wives tale!

Yeah, I don't believe in all the wives tales but I found it made sense with me. Have you names picked yet? x

Both my little girls had galloping heartbeats

Omg I just tried on my pre pregnancy jeans and they still fit, so why have I been wearing ugly maternity jeans :(

Hello girls,

Finally I am able to join this thread and officially say I have a bun in the oven! Ha ha! YAAAAAY! However, I am only 4 weeks so keeping it on the hush hush in the ‘real’ world J…..well, trying really, really, really hard to! I am bursting with excitement!!
:bliss:
We have told our parents and siblings as it would have been nigh-on impossible to keep it from them as we are really close to our families but that is hopefully it…..for now!

I have my first Doctors appointment booked for 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] July and I went and picked my pregnancy pack up last night to complete! I had a read of the screening booklet and scared myself half to death with all the statistics so calmed myself down with a cup of my newly purchased caffeine free coffee.

Anyway, I haven’t been on mini’s for a while so I am going to have a nosy and a catch up with all of your lovely baby and baby to be stories.

Just wanted to say hello and be able to tell people I’M PREGNANT xxxx :banana dancer:

Congrats katerpillar it's better to keep it secret a while or time will really drag. Hopefully I won't be on this board much longer do I can hop over to the breastfeeding one but, while I'm here will love hearing about your journey x

Congratulations on your news, I'm 38 weeks tomorrow and I found out at 4 weeks, I feel like it's taken forever to get here :) everyone here is great! x

Congrats Katerpiller!!!! Yay!

I set my leave date today from work - I finish on 14 Aug!!

9.5 weeks and counting!!! X

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I fully expect to find breast feeding meaning I crave sweet stuff. Am not going to be too hard on myself though if I do (If i maintain my weight for a bit then so be it). I don’t want to reduce my milk production as found it hard work breast feeding in the first place.

My plan is to focus on healthy eating and principles of slimming world and see how i get on.

Ellebear – I think its an old wives tale based on fact (but obviously not everyone follows the rule). I.e. With this pregnancy I have put weight on all up front (boy), last time it was all over (girl). With this one I craved spice, onions, garlic and red meat. With my dd i have a food aversion to them things. Lol The sound of the heart beat is related to the beats per minute (boy tends to be lower than 140 and girl tends to be higher than 140). I don’t know what it was with my girl but this is definitely lower than 140 – normally in the 120s (hence sounded slower like a train). However like most wives tales they follow the norm but not for everyone. I know two people who put weight on “all bump” but had a girl.

MummyClark – wow in you pre maternity jeans still. I have a pair but i bought them when pregnant before i was ready to go in mat jeans still fit too (but they aren’t really my pre mat jeans). Also my hips have definitely widened as i have a short skirt which i am using a measuring device. Mainly because it was always too large, so i wear it on my hips. Its only appropriate as a holiday / garden skirt not for going out in town lol. Anyway after my DD i came home from hospital and tried it on assuming it would fit and it was several inches (maybe 4) from not being able to fit. Until a few weeks ago I could fasten it just – not wearable mind. However 2 weeks ago it wasn’t fastenable at all by 1.5 -2 inches. Might try it on later!

Congrats Katerpillar, I also found out at 3 weeks (in fact *knew* from 2.5 weeks). Enjoy your pregnancy J Are you going to class as if so I would call target so u can go for free! Looks like you very close to target.

Heh welcome! So exciting telling people & I burst coming on here first to tell folk! Hope u can keep it quiet cos it does stop it dragging when u r only saying after first scan etc!

You'll find this thread super informative & hilarious too at times lol

I've 9 weeks left to go & really can't wait but it's dragging in for me! Had glucose tolerance test yesterday so waiting for results next week- due to family history.

When did everyone pack their bag? I was with midwife yesterday for tests & she was shocked to hear mine wasn't packed at all! Told me to get a wee wash done of the bumps stuff & start packing it now! - just wondering.... Normally I love packing and pre hols I'm packed days/weeks in advance but this seems slower... Bit more scary than a holiday maybe...

Lol Geordie Lass, with my last pregnancy I had a pair of trousers which I tried on to see if they fit, but I have never been in them since. The trousers I'm wearing now were baggy to start with and could only be worn with a belt, but was shocked that they were still pretty loose.

I have no expectations of losing weight while breastfeeding as I know I put on last time. And your right breastfeeding is hard, I found it horrendous to start with, definitely isn't enough info out there about how hard it is and how much it hurts to start with. I remember feeling like a failure due to all the books and posters everywhere telling me breastfeeding was natural and every mother should do it x

Any June mummy's felt any twinges yet? X

Getting a lot of sharp pains and cramps but I have for a couple of weeks now, at some point the cramps will turn into contractions lol but I can't yet excited about it when I get them as they go off after a while. There different to the bh I've been getting. Anyone's else? x

Back