Pregnancy and Slimming World

aww thanks geordie lass,, im a snacker definetly!

oasis you have really put my mind at rest, i was so worried that i would get ticking off for putting on weight and i was worried about labour so thank you,,im off shopping in the morning and im going to join online, its just i had in my mind i would stick to no more than a 15lb gain, but im so much hungrier with this pregnancy and the midwifes comment of losing weight just makes me feel pressured lol, so i panic, i might just throw my scales away ha.

Thank you x

HOTMAMA SORT OF! said:
aww thanks geordie lass,, im a snacker definetly!

oasis you have really put my mind at rest, i was so worried that i would get ticking off for putting on weight and i was worried about labour so thank you,,im off shopping in the morning and im going to join online, its just i had in my mind i would stick to no more than a 15lb gain, but im so much hungrier with this pregnancy and the midwifes comment of losing weight just makes me feel pressured lol, so i panic, i might just throw my scales away ha.

Thank you x

I don't think your midwife should be saying something anyway, I tried to join sw when I was at the beginning of my pregnancy and my mw and doctor refused to sign my form as they don't condone weight loss in pregnancy even though I had a high bmi. However I think most midwife's and doctors wouldn't refuse to sign the form I don't know why mine were the exception. Sw certainly is a safe healthy way to lose weight during pregnancy so I followed it at home myself for a bit. I wouldn't worry about what your midwife has said, there's many women much heavier than us who put on more in pregnancy and have a healthy pregnancy and birth. I've never once had any complications, high bp or anything with either pregnancy x

thanks oasis

I am going to follow slimming world in the hope i dont pile on to much and my midwife can go whistle :D,,, i always carry big in the stomach in pregnancy im normally all belly and dropped 3 stone with both kids within a week of birth so im going to go with my gut and just aim for healthy eating and a healthy pregnancy instead of worrying about numbers and what a midwife who has met me twice says x

HOTMAMA SORT OF! said:
thanks oasis

I am going to follow slimming world in the hope i dont pile on to much and my midwife can go whistle :D,,, i always carry big in the stomach in pregnancy im normally all belly and dropped 3 stone with both kids within a week of birth so im going to go with my gut and just aim for healthy eating and a healthy pregnancy instead of worrying about numbers and what a midwife who has met me twice says x

Exactly, the best advice I've had on here from the girls is if you get too tied up on your weight and thinking your doing rubbish all the time then you'll look back and regret the time you wasted not enjoying the pregnancy. If I hadn't atleast tried to be good for those first few weeks I'd be much heavier now. It's so much better to even try and fail all the time than not try at all. I lost 4 and a half st after my first and got pregnant with my 2nd 15 months later, as I've said on here a million times (the ladies will get bored of hearing it lol) I found baby weight much easier to lose so I'm confident I can do it again. I only gained 3 and a half st with my first so I lost much more than I'd gained. Anyhow, the ladies on here really are fab so just feel free to ask for advice/help or even if you need to rant x

gutted, weighed myself this morning and i thought i had been relatively good since weigh in on friday morning, yet 2 days and i put on 2 lbs already. i am aiming to lose half a pound this week not gain any! am going to have to be properly good not just sort of good....

so far today have had 1 syn at breakfast, lunch is pork and apple casserole with roasted pots and veg (5 syns as has cider and cream in it). dinner is tabbulah (cous cous, tomatoes, cucumber, spring onions, feta, mint and chickpeas) so just got to make sure i am good and dont cave to the chocolate cravings! haha

Tomorrow am off to see a mate for coffee and cake in the morning so do need to try hard today. :-(

geordie,

You might just of had a growth spurt , i find my scales either dont go up at all, or go up 3 or 4 lbs in a week !

Have your cake and just have a free food day x

Housework- getting tougher.... But.... I just put a wash on & it's made my day! All bumps stuff is in getting washed & for the first time in my life I can't wait to iron lol - the novelty will so wear off I'm sure! Planning to pack my bag this week so decided just to was everything white/ cream do I've plenty of options :0)

Ooh I've been looking for a thread like this. I'd just started to go to the gym again the last few weeks & was going to go to slimming world. I've just found out I'm pregnant and so glad I've found this thread. Have you ladies lost weight while pregnant? I have some fat round my middle that I need to get rid off - especially now I'm pregnant!!

Welcome. Yes some of us have managed to lose while pregnant. How far are you? Everyone on here is great, you'll get loads of advice and help x

I'm sure you'll do great, there's loads of support on here. Just remember not to be so hard on yourself x

geordie,

You might just of had a growth spurt , i find my scales either dont go up at all, or go up 3 or 4 lbs in a week !

Have your cake and just have a free food day x

Thanks I was having my cake today anyways but to be honest my good day yesterday was far from it - galaxy bar (normal size not large tho), chocolate orange brownie ice cream sundae (this was free in the play centre yest and how can you resist that! haha) and then nutella and peanut butter with a spoon. I then had pizza for tea haha with slimming world chips tho and salad!

Other than the cake today I have been good but i do feel starving now despite only finishing lunch at 2pm. I think when I have this baby am going to be an eat 4 times a day kind of person. :)

VM - made me laugh about the ironing. I dont do ironing unless desperate. I havent this time either.
skinny sausage - congrats on your pregnancy, exciting news and although 36 weeks seems ages to go you will be surprise how fast it goes. I have known since then and have 3 weeks left. Cant believe it.

i been trying to work out who is next. anyone know?

Yep, sweetchant1ly had her baby today, I think becca is due next, then me, then Jessie........or Jessie then me. However, Kimmy was due quite soon. Maybe she was next.
A bit vague sorry lol x

There's a small list on the due dates and weight gain post :) I forgot it was there
Becca, me, then Jessie

Ooh exciting, I knew sweet chantily was soon, looking for

Looking forward to hearing about it. There's a few due in June isn't there, mummy Clark is too, am not due til July 4th, am massive at the moment so fingers crossed won't be too late!

Back