Pregnancy and Slimming World

With a bmi of 31 your best just minimizing gain not actually losing. Bubba needs to add fat stores to prepare for breastfeeding. I was 28 before pregnancy x

Think iv just had my first dose of false labour, was having contractions and backache, eased off now though :(
Scared me into packing my bags though lol

xxhungryrabbitxx said:
yey a baby buddy ha ha, any advice? x

Sorry for late reply, I had some bleeding last night so we were down at A&E for hours. As there was no one there that could really do anything I came home and am waiting for the early pregnancy unit to call me this morning - hopefully they'll call me in for a scan...the bleeding has stopped but I'm really worried :(

Advice... Not really sure.. Luckily I had reached target when I got pregnant so I'm just trying to not go too crazy putting weight on...I think if you follow the sw plan you can't really go wrong, it's such good healthy food for the baby!! I have seen on here people maintaining for a bit and then having small gains, which will mean a lower weight after you e given birth. Realistically you are growing a baby so you will need to put on a bit of weight. Don't worry too much though if things don't go quite to plan, lots of luck to you xx

Sorry for late reply, I had some bleeding last night so we were down at A&E for hours. As there was no one there that could really do anything I came home and am waiting for the early pregnancy unit to call me this morning - hopefully they'll call me in for a scan...the bleeding has stopped but I'm really worried :(

Advice... Not really sure.. Luckily I had reached target when I got pregnant so I'm just trying to not go too crazy putting weight on...I think if you follow the sw plan you can't really go wrong, it's such good healthy food for the baby!! I have seen on here people maintaining for a bit and then having small gains, which will mean a lower weight after you e given birth. Realistically you are growing a baby so you will need to put on a bit of weight. Don't worry too much though if things don't go quite to plan, lots of luck to you xx

Hi hope things are going to be okay at least the bleeding stopped that has to be positive and there can be lots of other reasons for bleeding, I know this doesn't help right now but i wish you all the luck in the world its okay xxx

xxhungryrabbitxx said:
Hi hope things are going to be okay at least the bleeding stopped that has to be positive and there can be lots of other reasons for bleeding, I know this doesn't help right now but i wish you all the luck in the world its okay xxx

Thanks hungry rabbit, we had a scan and baby is healthy, really strong heartbeat and looks like grown loads since 12 week scan!! They're not sure why, there were no signs of a clot and the placenta looked healthy, I'm sooo relieved!!! AND..... the sonographer told us what we're having...a boy!!! So excited and happy he's healthy!!! Need to think of boys name - had lots of girls names, we have no idea what we're going to call him but we've got plenty of time!!! X

Hey B's lovely lady! I had bleeding and it was down to an infection in my lady garden which caused a ph inbalance...it's quite common I was told but due to washing myself 'down there' with soap!!! Course of antibiotics and I was all fine.

Another reason for bleeding is intercourse so bear that in mind too!

Just giving you some ideas babe as I had quite a heavy bleed at 19 weeks and then at 22 weeks and it was a huge worry for me as its our first baby. Turns out that's why I found out I was pregnant late as well as i thought I was having periods but they were actually bleeds! (I'm so thick!)

I think anything bright red is something to get checked out - but try not to worry or over do things as this can cause bleeds too!

Xxx

B's lovely lady said:
Thanks hungry rabbit, we had a scan and baby is healthy, really strong heartbeat and looks like grown loads since 12 week scan!! They're not sure why, there were no signs of a clot and the placenta looked healthy, I'm sooo relieved!!! AND..... the sonographer told us what we're having...a boy!!! So excited and happy he's healthy!!! Need to think of boys name - had lots of girls names, we have no idea what we're going to call him but we've got plenty of time!!! X

Ah lovely, glad everything is okay and it's great you've found out the sex, have fun thinking of names x

Thanks ladies!!! We're really so happy everythings ok!!

Thanks ellebear, good to know! I hope it doesn't happen again, the stress is just too much!!! But I'll keep in mind what you've said!! Xxxx

Thanks ladies!!! We're really so happy everythings ok!!

Thanks ellebear, good to know! I hope it doesn't happen again, the stress is just too much!!! But I'll keep in mind what you've said!! Xxxx

Yeah sorry if i 'overshared' but i know when it happened to me i was in a right state.........! Stay positive chicky xxxx and a little boy....does he want a girlfriend? :D haha x

Great to know all is okay, i envy you having a boy, i really want a boy but wont find out until 20 week scan, so happy for you xxx

Ellebear said:
Yeah sorry if i 'overshared' but i know when it happened to me i was in a right state.........! Stay positive chicky xxxx and a little boy....does he want a girlfriend? :D haha x

Don't worry about the overshare, I think people just don't tell you stuff that happens in pregnancy...I want to know everything!!! Hahaha, maybe, although he's totally going to be a mummy's boy!!! Xxx

Mummy clark – whats your weight gain so far? I know a few weeks ago it was still under 2 stone (is it still). Mine was 2 stone 3.5lbs (but think Friday will see another 1.5 added on and will only be 37w+2d then.

Is there any news with your false labour? Am scared I miss the signs of labour! Lol

Hungry rabbit – congrats on your pregnancy, i agree with the others its not easy (and for me the snacks are my biggest issue). I don’t think anyone has lost weight whilst pregnant (not by the end of pregnancy anyway) but a fair few seem to be lower in weight after the baby that they started off which is brilliant. I am at target (or was) so for me I am expecting to be about a stone and a half over target once i have the baby (last time i had my daughter i only lost a stone with water, placenta, fluids etc)

Lovely Lady – That must of been pretty scary but you are a lot lower risk now after 12 weeks (and sounds like all was oK on the scan J) Congrats on having a boy – I am too!

So glad everything turned out ok- my heart sank reading ur first post! So amazing how bumps change ur life right from that first test! Just make sure u rest & no lifting anything heavy r hoovering r anything that might cause even the slightest strain!

Hormones r wreaking havoc with me! Hubby heads over to Blackpool tomoro til Sunday for a stag weekend- and I'm secretly dreading it! Dreading not hearing from him much, maybe not at all when he's with 'the boys' and also maybe sounds stupid but when I'm feeling really huge as it is the thought of them going to strip clubs etc just really seems to upset me more! Even though I just know its part of a stag weekend anyway! I feel like a real nut case dreading it so much and what they'll get up to r be doing - despite knowing I can trust him-

So sorry for the waffle but I feel ridiculous thinking it.... Just had to get it off my chest... Xx

Vm019 said:
So glad everything turned out ok- my heart sank reading ur first post! So amazing how bumps change ur life right from that first test! Just make sure u rest & no lifting anything heavy r hoovering r anything that might cause even the slightest strain!

Hormones r wreaking havoc with me! Hubby heads over to Blackpool tomoro til Sunday for a stag weekend- and I'm secretly dreading it! Dreading not hearing from him much, maybe not at all when he's with 'the boys' and also maybe sounds stupid but when I'm feeling really huge as it is the thought of them going to strip clubs etc just really seems to upset me more! Even though I just know its part of a stag weekend anyway! I feel like a real nut case dreading it so much and what they'll get up to r be doing - despite knowing I can trust him-

So sorry for the waffle but I feel ridiculous thinking it.... Just had to get it off my chest... Xx

I trust hubby 100% and I KNOW he wouldn't do anything. But I'd prob be the same as you, especially feeling as unattractive as I do I'd be jealous of all the women he'd be looking at, but try not to worry hun you'll feel better when he is home x

geordie_lass21 said:
Mummy clark - whats your weight gain so far? I know a few weeks ago it was still under 2 stone (is it still). Mine was 2 stone 3.5lbs (but think Friday will see another 1.5 added on and will only be 37w+2d then.

Is there any news with your false labour? Am scared I miss the signs of labour! Lol

Hungry rabbit - congrats on your pregnancy, i agree with the others its not easy (and for me the snacks are my biggest issue). I don't think anyone has lost weight whilst pregnant (not by the end of pregnancy anyway) but a fair few seem to be lower in weight after the baby that they started off which is brilliant. I am at target (or was) so for me I am expecting to be about a stone and a half over target once i have the baby (last time i had my daughter i only lost a stone with water, placenta, fluids etc)

Lovely Lady - That must of been pretty scary but you are a lot lower risk now after 12 weeks (and sounds like all was oK on the scan J) Congrats on having a boy - I am too!

All signs of labour gone now, woke up fine. Had midwife today and measuring 40 weeks do I'm gonna delude myself she could come early. Current weight gain as of this afternoon is 1st 10lb, will be more now though as I just went out for a massive meal. I'm 38+ 1w

How you coping, feels very exciting now were near the end x

I think it's great there's so many of us near the end. There's no telling who will be next x

1 stone 10 is fantastic isnt it. :)

i know i could go at any time now but i think i will be late (am not really ready to go now to be honest except the fact i cant get any more massive as my skin is so stretched as it is).

Today was such hard work with my daughter and i dread to think how bad it will be at 41 weeks. It started so well, we saw a friend with a child same age, went home for lunch, went to a play centre (she was exhausted after) then nipped to morrisons for a few essentials including a cookie making packet which i promised her we would make after tea.

Well she spat her tea out all over the table and chairs, whinged like crazy and i felt so wound up by the situation. I know it was because she was tired but the last 2 hours were such hard work! Anyway as punishment she didnt make the cookies. I bathed her early (5.30) and put her to bed at 6pm (rather than 7 like normal as she was exhausted).

Jack gets 'naughty' when he's really tired it's like he has a mental list of everything that he knows is wrong and works his way through it, but it's frustrating because he's so good otherwise x

Back