Pregnancy and Slimming World

Hiya,
I am currently following sw from home and have just discovered i am around 4 weeks pregnant. I would like to continue with sw but i dont want to go to class and announce anything until i am further along. Can someone please advise me what the changes are within my diet now i am pregnant please.
Thank you

Nickster said:
Hiya,
I am currently following sw from home and have just discovered i am around 4 weeks pregnant. I would like to continue with sw but i dont want to go to class and announce anything until i am further along. Can someone please advise me what the changes are within my diet now i am pregnant please.
Thank you

It is recommended to follow EE - have all 15 syns each day and 2 hea choices and 2 heb choices each day! Xx congrats by the way xx

Hi everyone.. I am moving over to sw from ww as i am 10 weeks pregnant and have been advised to give sw a go (again) as it it healthier. My bmi is 35 and i was embarrassed at the midwife appointment when she weighed me. I know i can't really lose much weight now but is it safe to maintain? Don't want my weight to spiral out of control now i have an excuse for it :-(

Yes it's safe to maintain. I was 32 bmi at booking and now at nearly 40 weeks I'm 42 now, I don't know how I've put all the weight on but I've only gone up one dress size even though I've put do 3st 4lb's. So try not to worry too much if your weight on by the end is more than you hoped for. Enjoy your pregnancy, is this your first? x

Good luck and congratulations xx

geordie_lass21 said:
Cheers VM, I am having so many paracetamol to try and combat it. but its keeping me awake (stuffy nose and sore throat mainly) - I was so hungry at 4am then I had 3 Alpen Light bars (they were in my maternity bag as snacks, best replace the snacks though as thats all of them - i ate the other 2 a few days previously haha.

Labour last time for me (from the point where it hurt enough to go to hospital) was 6am ish (I was 5cms dialated then) til 8am (9 cms dialated) til 11.43 (when I had her). Some say thats quick and compared to some peoples 12-18 hours i guess it is but them 4 hours did not seem quick to me! That was 4 hours where the midwife kept telling me to push and me telling her "i was f***ing pushing" - i dont tend to swear but she was very irritating! haha

Oh I'd love a 5hr labour- but dread a few days lol

The alpen light thing sounds like something I'd do. I can't stop eating these days and rarely feel full for longer than an hour! Think the dog worried he's next sometimes lol!

Having the cold is rough as there isn't much u can take :0( I still used olbas oil tissues as u aren't meant to use the oil but had to use something to keep breathing!

Welcome newbies! U never know what u r gonna read in this page but it certainly is entertaining :0)

I was so determined to maintain but unfortunately hasn't happened- I'm just glad to be carrying a healthy baby so far and know I'll have to focus once baby is here! Plus reading how others are trying hard gives me a kick up the arse for a day r two at least and minimises how bad I'm being now and again - plus u have a laugh and catch up on the latest maternity queries and find great advice!

Planning on breastfeeding if I can do that's my latest topic of research :0)

Well as long as I get paid on Thursday I will be going to the shops for the Womans Own magazine, and then into town to rejoin Slimming World. I'm 25 weeks pregnant with a little boy at the moment, and as well as having SPD I also have a spinal condition so the extra weight is really making things hard for me :(

I'm just hoping to still be able to the plan on a budget, my OH is a fussy eater and eats loads too and I really want to do well.

Thank you for the reply. Yes it is my first its scarrrry! Lol. I just know myself too well.. The minute i have an excuse to eat i do, non stop, hungry or not. I wouldn't like to make anything complicated for baby for the sake of me being a greedy guts! I am getting lots of advice on here so should keep me going hopefully x

Anyone had days when the bump has gone really hard and uncomfortable? I feel like I'm gonna burst today & can't breathe!

How many weeks are you VM? I think you might be around 33 and I was like that then (the baby is still reasonable high up and eats into your breathing space) - once it dropped a bit then I could eat.

I notice a lot of people now getting to the last few weeks again cant eat. Yesterday I met up with a friend due the day after me and we went for lunch and then cake in the afternoon. My lunch was double the size of hers and so was my cake .... I was 3/5hs engaged at my last appointment though and I would bet I have dropped a bit more since then as to me I look like I have. So reckon i could be 2/5th (lets hope so haha).

With my first I continued to pile on the weight right til i give birth haha. Oh well - will be good today and tomorrow so I can limit damage on Fridays weigh in. Its supposed to be sunny today so want to make a picnic as its my day with my daughter and we can play in the garden :) We have 2 sets of friends coming over as well so will be fun :)

Morning girlz what have i missed? Im struggiling to get on line and when i do manaage its via me mobile and i miss half whats happend. ruby is 9 days old already its gone to fast . With regards to my section it took 3 hours the first part went well under the spinal but then that wore off and the epidural failed i ended up with an hour or surgery where i felt everything on my rite side and they were pumping me full off morphine and even ketamin witch didnt really touch the pain just made me feel confused. Recovery has been hard but im getting there. Wasnt helped by being sent home on the wednesday when i was in no fit state, had the feeling they wanted rid of me . Ruby-valentine is a sweetie but lives on boob and aint really gaining weight hope she does soon.

Diet wise i gained 4lb from booking in with midwife to the day of section and so far have only lost 11lb.

Have we had anymore babys yet . I promise to try and get on more over next few days

Hope your all well x

What birth control are you guys using after. Hubby is gonna get a vasectomy but obviously intill that is effective need to think of something else?

I'm going back on depo injection, it's kept me safe for 11 years. It's not everyone's favourite though x

How was ur midwife appointment. I quite like having one, next one is Mon at 38+5, do u think if I ask she will check if I am dilated? They don't do sweep til 40+5 here so not sure they will.

Birth control am going to request the mini pill again as plan on breastfeeding. Plus I had the bonus of no periods for over 12 months and was def mini pill that stops them. I know because one night I had the most immense period pain where I was sick it was that bad. That must of been when my period was meant to return and I still didn't get periods for another 6 months or so. I didn't get the pain either tho it was just that one time.

My hubby if having the snip too, he has been told! Lol

Lol snip snip, I told hubby I'm not going on anything long term coz of weight issues on contraception so he either got one or he'd end up with another girl and have 4 women to contend with.
I'm thinking mini pill as well as I also breastfeed my bubbas, did you have any side affects? X

I had no side effects other than it suppressed period longer than breastfeeding alone. I think u have a smaller window to take it in but tbh I used to take it as soon as I woke up which was always around same time anyway. I wanted to go back to normal one once I finished breastfeeding but can't remember why I decided the benefits of normal one was better.

Keep condoms in as well tho because I was so horny after having the baby, think it was abt 7-10 days after having her and I wanted sex so bad and we had nothing in. I didn't want to risk getting pregnant so soon tho as can happen. I can't see me being horny after this one tho as I haven't wanted any during pregnancy but just incase am stocking up. Lol

Midwife appt was nice. Baby is growing over the curve so I have to go back in 2 weeks...I am 5'9 and my hubby is 6'4 so I'm not at all worried....

If baby is over curve next time I get another scan to determine the actual growth size! Yay! I love baby tv!!!

Also going to book a class with my hubby about birth!!!

I think I will go back on the pill once little one is here! I was on mini pill and it was great. X

Mini pill sounds the way to go. Me and hubby had sex 6 days after our last daughter, not particularly effective or wise, but we just used the pull out method for the 6 months I was breastfeeding last time. Condoms don't fit hubby :0 I tried myself after he told me when first got together, but no joy.

Back