Pregnancy and Slimming World

mummyClark said:
Yer think she's gonna be late, was having twinges and uncomfortable contractions over the last few days but everything's stopped now, feel perfectly comfortable, but just a bit tired.
When is your date again? X

4th, so ages! Am tired today and off out with friends tonight. Am watching big brother begone trying to have a sleep. I don't sleep during the day but hope I can today as exhausted!

I woke up tired with my daughter on my iPhone playing animal noises in my ear, but somehow managed to take the phone away from her and fall back asleep for another 2 hours , think I should go in for the bad mum award

We can still hope the bubs will come early, although you'll probably have yours before me, everyone else due after me seems to do it lol. Don't want to be induced, but if I have to I'll just have to deal with it x

We can still hope the bubs will come early, although you'll probably have yours before me, everyone else due after me seems to do it lol. Don't want to be induced, but if I have to I'll just have to deal with it x

I was late with my first, I am under no illusions this time of expecting to be early. I was so disappointed last time as I started to get engaged from the 31w appointment only to deliver her at 41 weeks. The worst bit was on the Sunday the woman at the hospital had said to me "I would expect you be back here tonight having the baby". I didnt and I went for sweep on the Tuesday when the midwife asking me "is that your pelvis" and "are you in labour" - i felt well put out by her incompetencies as a midwife haha. I went into labour the next day.

Oooh exciting Oasis - hope your not too tired as seems like you been awake ages!!

@ cas3 how are u feeling now about ur section hun ? U going bk to talk it over with them? Hows baby doing[/QUOTE]

Hi hun, I didnt know you cud go bk and talk it over, I had a lovely team during my section just it was very painful and aftercare they made quite a few mistakes, ive recovered quite quickly considering it was my 3rd. How's ur recovery going?

Hollie is doing really well, im busy most days with having 2 lo's.

Good luck Oasis its been such a long day for you, thinking of you xx

Attachments

• mobile pics 025.jpg
    mobile pics 025.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 96
  • mobile pics 010.jpg
    mobile pics 010.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 81
  • mobile pics 048.jpg
    mobile pics 048.jpg
    384.6 KB · Views: 75
geordie_lass21 said:
I was late with my first, I am under no illusions this time of expecting to be early. I was so disappointed last time as I started to get engaged from the 31w appointment only to deliver her at 41 weeks. The worst bit was on the Sunday the woman at the hospital had said to me "I would expect you be back here tonight having the baby". I didnt and I went for sweep on the Tuesday when the midwife asking me "is that your pelvis" and "are you in labour" - i felt well put out by her incompetencies as a midwife haha. I went into labour the next day.

Oooh exciting Oasis - hope your not too tired as seems like you been awake ages!!

I was 15 days over when I was induced, would love to go on my own to know what it all feels like. This is my last do just want a perfect birth, which sounds stupid I know. Sorry you had an idiot midwife last time, I had a sweep too, can't decide whether to have one this time or not since it didn't work last time x

Cas3 said:
@ cas3 how are u feeling now about ur section hun ? U going bk to talk it over with them? Hows baby doing

Hi hun, I didnt know you cud go bk and talk it over, I had a lovely team during my section just it was very painful and aftercare they made quite a few mistakes, ive recovered quite quickly considering it was my 3rd. How's ur recovery going?

Hollie is doing really well, im busy most days with having 2 lo's.

Good luck Oasis its been such a long day for you, thinking of you xx[/QUOTE]

Yes hun u can go bk. I will be i need some answers to ease my mind about things. After care had mistakes for me too. Like having 12 out of 48 hours without pain meds.

Just call up and ask

Recovery has been hard , but think im doing to much aswell.

Just feel like i wana run away with my baby and get away from life

Be glad to get rid of these preggo hormones, sitting in the bedroom crying again. Hubby has just informed me he has taken extra work on Monday night, not only is that my due date but is also our first wedding anniversary, I know we need the money, but can he really make me feel any less special

mummyClark said:
Be glad to get rid of these preggo hormones, sitting in the bedroom crying again. Hubby has just informed me he has taken extra work on Monday night, not only is that my due date but is also our first wedding anniversary, I know we need the money, but can he really make me feel any less special

Aww the hormones r wild.... But maybe u could make a special weekend out of it & look at the extra money as a great help afterwards? Chances r the day u r due u will b watching the clock hoping so maybe doing something at the weekend would b better for that reason too? Although I know with my hormones sometimes, that all u really want me to say is 'git, how could he, that's not fair, and you're the pregnant one about to go through labour and thus might b ur last day b4 bump comes to take this chance'

Just try to remember its those hormones playing havoc and tell him how u r feeling and how pathetic it may sound to him but actually means a lot to u- and keep ur chin up pet- u r almost there x

I've received another letter from Hosp requesting repeat blood tests after ones I had done 2 weeks ago & I dunno why :0(

Want the following repeated - and I'm rh positive!

- blood group
- antibody screen

Hi ladies, not sure if I've got the right thread, can you help? I had my son 8 weeks ago and want to start SW but I'm breastfeeding so I know I need to take extra healthy extras, but how many? And what at the healthy extras now days? It's been 3 years since I did slimming world and I can't remember and can't find the books, want to do it from home as can't afford to attend meetings while I'm on maternity leave.

Anyway, someone said there was a breastfeeding while on slimming world sticky, but I can't find it. Is this thread ok to use? Or if not please could someone point me in the right direction on the iPhone app?

Thanks everyone x

I was 15 days over when I was induced, would love to go on my own to know what it all feels like. This is my last do just want a perfect birth, which sounds stupid I know. Sorry you had an idiot midwife last time, I had a sweep too, can't decide whether to have one this time or not since it didn't work last time x

15 days over? i thought they only let you go til about 10 days. Fingers crossed you get her soon but i bet you expecting to be late based on last time as thats why my expectations are to be late.

Hi ladies, not sure if I've got the right thread, can you help? I had my son 8 weeks ago and want to start SW but I'm breastfeeding so I know I need to take extra healthy extras, but how many? And what at the healthy extras now days? It's been 3 years since I did slimming world and I can't remember and can't find the books, want to do it from home as can't afford to attend meetings while I'm on maternity leave.

Anyway, someone said there was a breastfeeding while on slimming world sticky, but I can't find it. Is this thread ok to use? Or if not please could someone point me in the right direction on the iPhone app?

Thanks everyone x

Hi Sammy, know you posted on the breastfeeding forum so you found it. I dont have the iphone app (but i have the one for the htc and its just called slimming world. its probs the same so search on the iphone for it. thing is its a bit rubbish unless you are a member (ie a paid member as you wont get the on the go syns).

i know from your previous post that you asked about what you can and cant have (the breast feeding leaflet is jist one extra leaflet and they can tell you the extra HEs as I dont know them off the top of my head as depends on age of the baby). i know they dont recommend the old way or red and green - you should do extra easy, have full 15 syns a day and have your healthy extras.

what i would say is if you can afford it - get this weeks woman own (that offers a class for £5). You get the pack free (this is one of the cheapest offers they do, normally when its on offer its still a £19 for the first class and books. If you get the books you get a card and pin which allows you to connect to the website. Even if you dont go it will still be valid for 6 weeks so worth doing. Plus you get all the books and all the latest information from them.

Aww bless I can tell why you are upset, i would be too. My husband asked me what I thought about him staying over in a hotel 5 days before I am due near to his work as its a big night for the business and he needs to be on hand incase needed. I didnt strop this time (I did when he asked if he could go for London for 2 days for work and if I went into labour there would have been no way to get home with no trains running during night).

But if you really need the money he is probs dong his best to support his family. Realistically (based on what you said) you will probs be late. I agree you could probs do something nice at the weekend as well. Something paper based as its the first anniversary. Not sure what you can do paper based mind haha.

geordie_lass21 said:
Hi Sammy, know you posted on the breastfeeding forum so you found it. I dont have the iphone app (but i have the one for the htc and its just called slimming world. its probs the same so search on the iphone for it. thing is its a bit rubbish unless you are a member (ie a paid member as you wont get the on the go syns).

i know from your previous post that you asked about what you can and cant have (the breast feeding leaflet is jist one extra leaflet and they can tell you the extra HEs as I dont know them off the top of my head as depends on age of the baby). i know they dont recommend the old way or red and green - you should do extra easy, have full 15 syns a day and have your healthy extras.

what i would say is if you can afford it - get this weeks woman own (that offers a class for £5). You get the pack free (this is one of the cheapest offers they do, normally when its on offer its still a £19 for the first class and books. If you get the books you get a card and pin which allows you to connect to the website. Even if you dont go it will still be valid for 6 weeks so worth doing. Plus you get all the books and all the latest information from them.

Thanks Hun that's a great idea, didn't know there was a voucher in womans own, that's great, and really cheap! I'll do that on Monday then as that's when my next local meeting is, at least I can get the new way explained to me' then! Thanks again hun x

geordie_lass21 said:
15 days over? i thought they only let you go til about 10 days. Fingers crossed you get her soon but i bet you expecting to be late based on last time as thats why my expectations are to be late.

You can go 2 weeks over but my first date was cancelled as no beds available.

Gotta try stay calm today as really mucked up my sleep last night. To be fAir I seem to have an episode every 4 weeks ( ironically when my period would be due) so hopefully im over it.
Hope oasis has had her baby by now.

Back