Pregnancy and Slimming World

Has anyone been to/ thought about going to a festival while pregnant??? I booked reading festival tickets before I was pregnant and dont know whether to still go...I really want to, and hubby said we wouldn't have to go into the crowds... I'll be 25 weeks. Any thoughts??

B's lovely lady said:
Has anyone been to/ thought about going to a festival while pregnant??? I booked reading festival tickets before I was pregnant and dont know whether to still go...I really want to, and hubby said we wouldn't have to go into the crowds... I'll be 25 weeks. Any thoughts??

I went v festival with my first, was absolutely fine, you'll just have to stay nearer the back, drink plenty of water and use an inflatable mattress or camping bed.

mummyClark said:
I went v festival with my first, was absolutely fine, you'll just have to stay nearer the back, drink plenty of water and use an inflatable mattress or camping bed.

Thanks mummy Clark... Nice to hear someone else has done it! X

B's lovely lady said:
Thanks mummy Clark... Nice to hear someone else has done it! X

No problem, plus at 25 weeks you'll be in just the right phase where your over all the early discomforts but not yet big enough to be tired and uncomfortable. Perfect timing, the energy phase x

Take a she-wee with you tho - my bladder at 25 weeks was crazy, needed the loo CONSTANTLY.

Just means you will have to bobb off to the loo queue all the time..

I love Festivals, bt being due 2 Sept, i dont think the late Aug V Fest will be wise this year :) xxx

I'll put a she wee on my list of things to get!!! Lol!! I'm bad enough as it is now going to the loo - cant imagine it getting worse!! :)

I hope it's perfect timing!! I really do want to go...and enjoy it whilst I'm there!! X

You can go 2 weeks over but my first date was cancelled as no beds available.

Gotta try stay calm today as really mucked up my sleep last night. To be fAir I seem to have an episode every 4 weeks ( ironically when my period would be due) so hopefully im over it.
Hope oasis has had her baby by now.

I didnt know you can go that late. Its bad enough I think I might have to wait til July 14th am def not waiting any longer.

If it coincides with your period then I reckon you could have the baby soon, makes sense wouldnt it that if you are still getting emotional like you would your period that the baby could arrive at the same point.

Hello ladies -

I wondered if i could benefit from your wisdom an experience......

I've been doing Slimming World for years and am a true convert - after losing 7 stone in total. Been happily at target for roughly a year mainly just under target, but like an idiot (working away, birthday etc) i've indulged in some serious bingeing and am now 9 pounds over target which i put on in just a few weeks! And also being 8 weeks pregnant what is the likelyhood of shifting some of that before i start to gain 'proper' pregnancy weight ?

Any of your knowledge and experience would be gratefuly received! :)

Weigh in was today and I put on 2.5lbs (which takes me to 34.5lb gain). I really dont want to go over 35lbs so going to try really hard this week. To be fair I have tried hard today, I bought some of the new rocky road bars (2 for a HE) so hopefully this will help!! I will let you know!! Wish me luck.

Spicey - Try really hard this week (and see if you can shift some this week) as it might be like when you first start where you manage to drop a fair bit in the first few weeks. Then have a word with your consultant and say you are outside target because of the fact your x weeks pregnant. You shouldnt have to pay as a target member but if your paying now then its a tricky one! I told my consultant when I was still in the target range and although the system kept wanting to charge me she didnt (and head office had to change it to show i was still target). Looks quite funny as I am a target member but currently over 2 stone outside my max target range! lol

34th week...... ELEPHANT!

Attachments

• image-1979428548.jpg
    image-1979428548.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 131
Your bump looks great! :) I have hardly any pictures of mine so should get my hubby to take one before i have the baby. I am massive tho, i genuinely cant see how i can get much bigger tho as my bump is so hard as no more room for my skin to stretch.

geordie_lass21 said:
Your bump looks great! :) I have hardly any pictures of mine so should get my hubby to take one before i have the baby. I am massive tho, i genuinely cant see how i can get much bigger tho as my bump is so hard as no more room for my skin to stretch.

I feel massive and can't imagine another 6/7/8 wks! I get nights where I think I'll burst too! Scary though now as my best friend & sis in law are both away on their hols now & both called to say hang in there til they get back-but ive ages yet lol!

You look fab, your bump is great. I wouldn't worry, I never got much bigger towards the end even though I thought I'd have piled on the weight. Not long left for you now x

oasis6918 said:
You look fab, your bump is great. I wouldn't worry, I never got much bigger towards the end even though I thought I'd have piled on the weight. Not long left for you now x

Oh how r u oasis?!?!?

Hey oasis how are you finding time to be on here, catch up on some sleep and enjoy your beautiful little girl xx

He he, I had to do something to occupy my mind while I was waiting for Naomi to drop off.....staring at the wall was making me crash lol.
I'm feeling okay, not tired anymore at mo - not sure how but I don't cope very well with lots of little bits of sleep so later when hubby up and I get tired I'll go back to bed for few hours. Little lady been asleep now since 8am, Jack's all up, dressed, fed and is playing and watching telly. I've tidied up and my mum's bringing me some shopping so I'm just chilling now until one of my gorgeous babies need something x

Congratulations Oasis!! You sound like a pro with everything being sorted! Hope you are enjoying every second :)

Vm019 your bump looks fab! I can't wait to have a bump and actually feel pregnant ha!

I'va had a very emotional morning! Broke down in floods of tears this morning because OH is going to play cricket all day - he does this every week so it's really nothing new ha ha! Don't know what came over me I just couldn't stop crying!! Feel totally fine now though - quite happy actually and looking forward to going visiting family once I've done some housework!! Crazy hormones :eek: OH was thankfully a star and just gave me a cuddle and said we'd do something nice tonight - then said he understands that I'm an emotional wreck ha ha ha :rolleyes:

Anyway, hopefully no more more tears today from me! Hope everyone, bumps and babies are well and have a lovely weekend xx

congrats Oasis, you sound like your managing brilliantly. how long were you in hospital after the birth before they let you go? i dont want to be rushed out but dont want to be away from my daughter too long.

beccaharrison89 said:
sounds like u doing fab oasis,are u bottle feeding or breast?is she waking up mucj through night?

I've never felt better, not even very tired. I'm bottle feeding, she was awake pretty much every half an hour last night but she also was awake for about an hour and a half where she just mustn't have been tired, and also she had 4 dirty nappies between 1 and 7 this morn, and she was happier after though so think she was just restless. I didn't mind to be honest she's just so beautiful and I can't believe how 'easy' it all went in the end. She's been asleep now since 8 oclock so I'm sure she's going to wake up soon for a feed I would think.
How you doing? x

Back