Pregnancy and Slimming World

Katerpillar said:
Congratulations Oasis!! You sound like a pro with everything being sorted! Hope you are enjoying every second :)

Vm019 your bump looks fab! I can't wait to have a bump and actually feel pregnant ha!

I'va had a very emotional morning! Broke down in floods of tears this morning because OH is going to play cricket all day - he does this every week so it's really nothing new ha ha! Don't know what came over me I just couldn't stop crying!! Feel totally fine now though - quite happy actually and looking forward to going visiting family once I've done some housework!! Crazy hormones :eek: OH was thankfully a star and just gave me a cuddle and said we'd do something nice tonight - then said he understands that I'm an emotional wreck ha ha ha :rolleyes:

Anyway, hopefully no more more tears today from me! Hope everyone, bumps and babies are well and have a lovely weekend xx

Thank you, I'm not a pro I just happen to be getting it very easy at the moment I can't believe it but it has time to change. I'm just so glad I got to experience the birth this time after Jack. However I don't think I would change a thing, when Jack was born it was a different and still an amazing experience.
Bless ya, it's crazy how your hormones make you act then after each episode you think 'oh my god what came over me' hope your feeling better now x

i doing great nw thanks hun,first few days were hard and was emotiobal bt getting bit mre of routine nw,she awake mre through day and sleeping bit better of a night.also im bf so was hard in begin bt started expressin one bottle n oh feed her bou 11ish then

geordie_lass21 said:
congrats Oasis, you sound like your managing brilliantly. how long were you in hospital after the birth before they let you go? i dont want to be rushed out but dont want to be away from my daughter too long.

They wanted me to stay in til this mornin although I had the option of a 6 hour discharge but midwife strongly advised against it due to my epidural and prev section. However I was not happy with the ward I was put on and I said I wanted to go home yesterday even if it was late evening I didn't want to be in over night. Luckily we knew the midwife as well she's my hubby's best friends mum, so because a passed all the checks and I was working okay, Naomi passed her hearing test etc I was allowed to go at 4 but it took another hour to get my notes done. So it was 12 hours after birth, she did say I would have been allowed home at lunch they were just to busy but I agree with you, 6 hours I would find too soon but I didn't want to be in til this morning. How you getting on? x

beccaharrison89 said:
i doing great nw thanks hun,first few days were hard and was emotiobal bt getting bit mre of routine nw,she awake mre through day and sleeping bit better of a night.also im bf so was hard in begin bt started expressin one bottle n oh feed her bou 11ish then

Ah that's good, she's still goin to be setting her routine so she'll get better and you'll start to be able to get into a better routine yourself. Is oh giving you enough help etc? x

still nt up and out properly yet,which im lukin fwd to.
its jus cz im bf im a bit conscious about wen she wants to feed cz dnt wnt to do it in public,
oh was great first few days,he kept on top if house and helped change baby and dress her etc,bt last few days aint done as much.he has always gone to bed late abd gt up late wen he off wrk and this aint changed.i have been lettin him lie in cz im bf so ther no,point in him gtin up to feed etc bt by time he gets up around 12ish all the cleanin bin done.also he aint changed a nappy etc in bou 5 days
i dnt no wether im bein bit harsh bt at firsr he was amazing n as days r goin on he slipping.

They wanted me to stay in til this mornin although I had the option of a 6 hour discharge but midwife strongly advised against it due to my epidural and prev section. However I was not happy with the ward I was put on and I said I wanted to go home yesterday even if it was late evening I didn't want to be in over night. Luckily we knew the midwife as well she's my hubby's best friends mum, so because a passed all the checks and I was working okay, Naomi passed her hearing test etc I was allowed to go at 4 but it took another hour to get my notes done. So it was 12 hours after birth, she did say I would have been allowed home at lunch they were just to busy but I agree with you, 6 hours I would find too soon but I didn't want to be in til this morning. How you getting on? x

Thats good to know that they would have let you go but its your choice. I hope mine is the same. I am going to say i dint want to go that day.

I am ok, bit tired as been to a party with my 3 year old (got one tomorrow as well). My hubby came along as well though and to be fair i didnt do much. I felt like i could have the baby last night as my stomach is really hard but nothing happened. Had a bit of discharge this morning and i tried to convince myself it was a bit of plug. not sure it was tho.... haha

still nt up and out properly yet,which im lukin fwd to.
its jus cz im bf im a bit conscious about wen she wants to feed cz dnt wnt to do it in public,
oh was great first few days,he kept on top if house and helped change baby and dress her etc,bt last few days aint done as much.he has always gone to bed late abd gt up late wen he off wrk and this aint changed.i have been lettin him lie in cz im bf so ther no,point in him gtin up to feed etc bt by time he gets up around 12ish all the cleanin bin done.also he aint changed a nappy etc in bou 5 days
i dnt no wether im bein bit harsh bt at firsr he was amazing n as days r goin on he slipping.

I dont think your being harsh = this is his time to bond with the baby and there is no way my hubby will be sleeping in til 12 (i dont think he will even be sleeping in to 9 lol). He will be up getting me snacks as i will be hungry with breast feeding haha. Plus he could help with the house, the food for you both etc and also the changing of the nappies. He can also help at bath time. :)

he has,been making me lunch n tea etc n making sure im drinking and eating enuf and he has helped with all her baths
fink coz i tired i gettin on his back a bit much,it hard bf a he cnt feed her bt it was my choice.last two nights i have expressed and he has gave her a feed,around 11.

Hey girlies- been a stressy day here, ended up at hospital as having more light bleeding and even though no pains the delivery suite midwife said to come along and be checked over.

Got attached to a little machine that prints the heartbeat and plots the movement...I had to press a button each time the little one wiggled and after being made to drink cold water = lots of wiggles! That was all fine.

Then had to have a swab taken from 'in there' and they checked that cervix all closed so not in any early labour ;) phew!!! 30 weeks tomorrow so hoped it wasn't that! Really uncomfortable from the invasion on my lady bits :/

Got to keep my eye on it and wait for swab and wee test results! But they couldn't see anything alarming at all...,!

What a fuss eh? Xxx

Oh no! Glad your both okay! Pregnancy can be a funny thing, let's hope it doesn't happen again. How you getting along apart from that? x

oasis6918 said:
Oh no! Glad your both okay! Pregnancy can be a funny thing, let's hope it doesn't happen again. How you getting along apart from that? x

All good thanks oasis - I'm enjoying my bump now...kicks and wriggles......!!! Ten weeks to go....me and hubby were talking names this morning....got a few on the list now!!! Xxx secret though! Lol xxx even though I've been advised its a little girl I still have doubts until I meet her/him so got my boy names as back up too :)

Got any photos of your new addition? Xxx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Yes, got loads I'm sure people will be sick of them on facebook, here's a few :)

ForumRunner_20120623_221555.jpg

ForumRunner_20120623_221528.jpg

Ahhhh lovely photos oasis!!! Congratulations, she's gorgeous!!!

Ellebear- glad everything seems ok with you now, I'm sure by the sounds of things test results will all come back fine!! Xxx

Thank you she seems to change with every set of photo's I take! Jack and Naomi asleep and me and hubby wide awake. Just put some washing away, washed my hair, tidied bedroom and bathroom. Now I'm twiddling my thumbs, sure Naomi will need a feed soon x

Hiiiii just saw someone had mentioned feedin in public. Try a breastfeeding apron i love mine n my other booby feedin mommys. Tj was tongue tied so rugby ball hold helped us but meant complete titty out!! They cost 40 quid.... Waaayyyy too much. I found a perfect workin one on ebay. Bebe chic. They cost 13 and are ace!! Ok only one style but i tried a few n the bone that keeps it up so u see baby kept floppin where that one works well. Even if 6 of us sit in the cafe feedin wearin same style lol

calorie counting journey!! start:: 14s 8lb current:: 14s 7lbs... 43lbs to go!!

How is everyone today? My bleeding is stopping today so I'm feeling more positive....I must be one of those that just have some bleeding.

Google the symptoms tho and it's horror stories haha!

Got weigh on Tuesday but had a little emotional eating last night :/ so hoping its not caused too much damage xxxx

Glad things are looking up for ya ellebear, as long as docs day baby is fine I wouldn't worry.
You should never google things I learnt that with my first pregnancy, can't tell you how many times I had symptoms that "indicated" that my baby was dead, she must be like a cat, although I'm sure she managed to use all 9 lives.

I had a 15" pizza to myself last night, oops, weigh in won't be good this week

Back