Pregnancy and Slimming World

Gorgeous baby pics Oasis. :)

mummy clark - i have been trying to be good this week and so far its not working lol. 2 kids parties in 2 days make it impossible - cake, sandwiches, crisps, sausages etc etc
That doesnt include the cooked breakfast i had yest morning or the fajitas i had for dinner (3 fajitas not just 2 lol)!!

i tried the new rocky road hifi bars and they are nice but still i fancy sweet stuff after. i bet i struggle after the baby!! lol

Beautiful pictures Oasis you must be so proud :D Xx

Pleased to hear things are looking better Ellebear must be a real worry whenever it happens! Agree with mummyclark about not checking Google or at least not believing everything on there. I look up everything and you can worry yourself sick! I've been on death's door a few time through Dr Google ha!!

I've been feeling really dizzy today (more so than my usual day to day dizziness ha ha) have also eaten like a pig! First appt with midwife next week and really don't want to feel huge for my first weigh in so going to try really hard this week.....here's hoping :p

I will try not to google girlies! ;)

Here is my bump today! 30 weeks exactly- 10 weeks to go!

Xxx

Attachments

• image-3947672024.jpg
    image-3947672024.jpg
    393.6 KB · Views: 1,440
Thought id join in with bump pics

Me at 39+5w

Attachments

• image-592580562.jpg
    image-592580562.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 175
Moses basket base built tonight & seeing the finished basket sitting in the living room briefly- (checking where to put it) just made it seem a wee bit more real :0)

Dont think we'll build the crib or pram for another 3 weeks r more and still gotta try out the car seat :D and we've decided not to build the nursery furniture as we plan to move ASAP and hopefully b4 the bump goes into its own room! we have spare chest of drawers etc in spare room that'll hold bumps clothes til then

Waffling again..... Sorry!

You sound like your nearly sorted, it'll not be long before you have your little one and have all these things in use. How you feeling? x

Can anyone recommend any good baby books? Had a sudden panic last night that I know absolutely NOTHING about anything to do with babies ha ha! I have a LOT of learning to do over the next 7 months I think! How on earth do you know what to do when he/she is here???? :confused: Any book recommendations gratefully received xx

i was the same hun n i googled everythin.i even you tubed how to bath a baby etc coz id never done nonre of this before ha.everyone used to tell me it comes naturally and i wud think ye watever bt it,dus come naturally.

Katerpillar said:
Can anyone recommend any good baby books? Had a sudden panic last night that I know absolutely NOTHING about anything to do with babies ha ha! I have a LOT of learning to do over the next 7 months I think! How on earth do you know what to do when he/she is here???? :confused: Any book recommendations gratefully received xx

Hi hun, I can't recommend any books did most my reading on google on sites like babycentre, but believe me so much will come naturally when baby is here, the rest you just take a bit at a time and if there's anything your unsure on everyone on here is great and of course you'll have you MW and HV to help you out x

Ellebear – Hows things with you? Is all ok, no more bleeding. I heard a little bit of bleeding was quite common (I cant remember why but i know it happens to a few pregnant woman). I agree about google – it scares the life out of you doesn’t it?

Loving the baby bump pics – Ellebear and Mummy Clark your looking great! No way would I post mind – I find the fact that nothing fits so depressing!

I had a bath this morning and shaved my legs. Honestly I felt like I had gone for a run! I was so knackered afterwards – well lets hope i have the baby soon as they aren’t getting shaved until after the birth now haha. And getting out of the bath was near on impossible. With my first I had a bath before going to the hospital and it was relaxing – this was anything but!!

I bought loads of books first time round, I read gina ford from cover to cover (shes all about routine routine routine..... well i didn’t use her once, babies have their own schedule not the one gina ford recommends haha

The best book i had was “baby whisperer” (am sure thats what its called) and it talked about the EASY routine. Baby eats, needs activity, sleeps (and when sleeping its you time). This worked quite well, as in if your baby is upset and has been fed – do you need to do something (other than nappies) e.g. are they bored, maybe sit in bouncer etc. When they are upset after are they tired (over stimulated etc). Its common sense but it was really interesting. Also bits on the type of baby you have (it has a quiz in it).

Books on how to do stuff – i think u get a free one of the nhs if its your first. The other one I had was the pregnancy bible (read it loads and a source of info for pregnancy, labour and the first few days after the baby).
Your Pregnancy Bible new revised and expanded edition: Amazon.co.uk: Anne Deans: Books

oasis6918 said:
You sound like your nearly sorted, it'll not be long before you have your little one and have all these things in use. How you feeling? x

Heh I'm ok! But of pain today & uncomfortable but doing good in general! Can't believe I've still 6 weeks to go though! Seems a long way away! Really seem to be dying to get final things in now and get ready & I'm trying to clear out cupboards etc to leave me less to do on mat leave! How r u settling in at home now?

Your pics r gorgeous :0) x

Did anyone use a tens machine? R plan to? Been bidding on ones on eBay but constantly outbid and considering buying one online tonight! Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts?!

Vm019 said:
Did anyone use a tens machine? R plan to? Been bidding on ones on eBay but constantly outbid and considering buying one online tonight! Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts?!

You can rent them, much cheaper and not sure how well they would work as never used one for labour. Tried it for bad back once and didn't find it great.

Well my due date is here and nothing :(

i used one, i bought it off ebay for my first (its called a babycare femme tens). i recommend it for labour and have just bought some replacement pads for it (which cost £4) so bear that in mind if your buying one from ebay.

i bought mine off ebay, was abt £10 and it came with new pads (i think a tens comes with 2 sets of pads and they sold it with a spare pack as obviously only used it once).

Vm019 said:
Heh I'm ok! But of pain today & uncomfortable but doing good in general! Can't believe I've still 6 weeks to go though! Seems a long way away! Really seem to be dying to get final things in now and get ready & I'm trying to clear out cupboards etc to leave me less to do on mat leave! How r u settling in at home now?

Your pics r gorgeous :0) x

It'll fly by trust me :)
Not getting much sleep. But she slept today for 6.5 hours, then I woke her up cos I needed to get her ready. Then an hour later she slept for another 5 hours, and she's been awake and quick napping since half 4 so hopefully she's going to be down quicker. I wasn't able to catch up on any sleep until hubby got home so I've just had 2 hours x

Last edited:
Hi ladies!

Have a bit of a surprise pregnancy here!

Have lost just under 4 stone already and am definitely going to keep going to group to try and keep on top of the weight gain through this pregnancy.

Have been asking my consultant for the pregnancy info and still don't have it yet. Another lady at group told me that you can have 2 x HEXA and 2 x HEXB plus 15 syns. And when i mentioned this to my consultant she said she thought that was wrong, and that was for AFTER having the baby. But she still hasn't come up with the info yet.

Obviously i want to do this properly but need the info to do it!

Is that right or wrong?

Thanks!

Louisa78 said:
Hi ladies!

Have a bit of a surprise pregnancy here!

Have lost just under 4 stone already and am definitely going to keep going to group to try and keep on top of the weight gain through this pregnancy.

Have been asking my consultant for the pregnancy info and still don't have it yet. Another lady at group told me that you can have 2 x HEXA and 2 x HEXB plus 15 syns. And when i mentioned this to my consultant she said she thought that was wrong, and that was for AFTER having the baby. But she still hasn't come up with the info yet.

Obviously i want to do this properly but need the info to do it!

Is that right or wrong?

Thanks!

Hi

Firstly, congratulations :)
Is this your first? Do you know how far you are? the information is definitely right 2 hea's and 2 he b's and all 15 syns, more and more pregnant women do sw you'd think your consultant would know the informative or at least get back to you quickly. Oh and they say extra easy plan only. Good luck x

Back