Pregnancy and Slimming World

geordie_lass21 said:
Thanks Oasis, its hard with the lack of sleep so I don't know how u did it for 40 hours.

He has only slept 30 mins since my last post. Feeding is going ok as well.

Food at hospital.is rubbish! It was so.nice when I had Amy.

I was convinced I wouldn't be able to push when it came to it I was literally dead, I think the only reason I didn't fall apart was the epidural. My labour with Jack was 36 hours, start to finish but ended in section at 6 cm, this was 47.5 start to finish I hope my next isn't longer!

Your little angel will soon work himself out, and realise when night is. After I had Naomi - I hadn't eaten anything substantial since the Tuesday night, and I had her Fri they bought me a ham salad R U KIDDING ME I was starving lol, it was nice and fresh but still......
Are you breast feeding or bottle? x

Well I'm sitting waiting to see if the midwife is gonna turn up to do a sweep, not hopeful though she's very unreliable. 1 week max to go x

You did very well Oasis. I couldnt have done that. I haven't had any sleep during day as someone comes in every 5 mins to see u. Lol

They have been good tho, they told me ppl normally get discharged around 5 but they know I want to to

That's good, you should be in your own bed tonight then. I couldn't sleep on. If ward x

Go early so they sorted it and will be ready to go around 1-2.

Food is shocking, honestly - breakfast was supporlsed to be white or brown toast, choice of cereals, fresh fruit and tea / coffee. No fresh fruit, no brown toast. Dinner was disgusting (it was so overly microwaved and was still in microwave container.
I was going to order jacket potato but the woman next door said she had it twice and it was awful. The potato was practically scraped out and was just over microwaved cheese and beans. So have gone for tuna salad and icecream. Surely they can't go wrong with that. Haha

Mummy Clark - at least no more than 7 days. I know 3 ppl who had induction last time, and had the induction booked but went into labour day or night before labour. So least there hope of that

Make sure your oh makes you a nice tea when you get home! Or treats you to a nice takeaway, although saying that I lost my appetite first week or so, I'm still not that bothered but started to get my appetite back which can't be good! x

Hospital food sounds great lol, I know with my daughter we had to tick a box on a sheet then go to the day room when it was time, we then queued up and watched the ladies put the dinners in the microwave as we arrived.
Don't know what to expect this time as its a new hospital, if things are bad I'll make my way to the m and s food court downstairs.

I'm still waiting to hear from the midwife, I hate sitting down and waiting so I fear when I do hear from her I might tear her head off.

You've been waiting ages? Are you at the hospital? Or doctors. I hope she has some good news for you x

Just had it, they did it at my house. Not looking favourable at all, and now feel horrible and crampy. Got another one booked in for Saturday and then induced on Tuesday.

mummyClark said:
Just had it, they did it at my house. Not looking favourable at all, and now feel horrible and crampy. Got another one booked in for Saturday and then induced on Tuesday.

That's a good sign being crampy, hopefully you won't need it again Saturday x

Yes cramps are good sign. I started with cramps.

Food was shocking. The tuna salad wad iceberg with 1/2 tomato &1 piece cucumber! Tuna nice but coleslaw I couldn't touch. The vanilla ice cream I asked for was strawberry (that was ok tho). The fudge low fat yoghurt the day before wad peach melba and I left it.
We made loads of ready meals so having beef and guineas stew tonight!

Thinking of you Mummy Clark and really hoping you get to meet your baba sooner rather than later :)

Well, I had my first midwife appt today and she was absolutely lovely. Took me through all the paperwork and did bloods and other tests. Starting to feel very real now. I've put on half a stone since I found out I was pregnant through pure gluttony but have reigned it in the last week and hoping to settle into a more healthy routine now!
Midwife did say I would need to be consultant led as opposed to midwife led as some abnormal cells were found in my cervix a couple of years ago and I had to have them cut out which means my cervix is thinner than it should be. She was really nice and said it shouldn't be anything to worry about but it was a bit of a surprise to learn that I was a 'special' case :( She said they just had to be careful as it could result in premature labour depending on how much as taken. Really hoping everything will be OK!

Anyway, should expect scan date in the next could of weeks - eeeeeek!!! Soooooo excited for that!! :D Then I've just got to start thinking about how I am going to tell work....

Good luck MummyClark - hope its moving soon for you xxx

So who is next due now? is it me? (due 2 Sept?)

Katerpiller - sounds lovely and welcome to the world of green notes!!!!!! :) when you planning on telling work - will they be surprised?

I have my midwife appointment today, which if i am OVER on my growth chart again, i will be referred for a scan at hospital to check baby is okay. I really dont understand how a paper tape measure can determine the size of my babe? ALso - the chart is just based on me (i think) and my hubby is 6 foot 4 so i am guessing we are having a long baby anyway! GRRRR! I guess the upside will be to see Baby on scan TV!

x

x

Thanks ellebear, still crampy today, just trying to keep active till they go away

Ellebear said:
Good luck MummyClark - hope its moving soon for you xxx

So who is next due now? is it me? (due 2 Sept?)

Katerpiller - sounds lovely and welcome to the world of green notes!!!!!! :) when you planning on telling work - will they be surprised?

I have my midwife appointment today, which if i am OVER on my growth chart again, i will be referred for a scan at hospital to check baby is okay. I really dont understand how a paper tape measure can determine the size of my babe? ALso - the chart is just based on me (i think) and my hubby is 6 foot 4 so i am guessing we are having a long baby anyway! GRRRR! I guess the upside will be to see Baby on scan TV!

x

x

My measurements always had me as over cos of my weight when the first 2 scans measured me behind. So I wouldn't worry, if anythin atleast you'll see baby on scan and confirm everything is still okay. I guess they are just careful x

mummyClark said:
Thanks ellebear, still crampy today, just trying to keep active till they go away

I was hoping you'd be too busy pushing to be on here, it's still early in the day today :) keeping active is good, if something is happening it might speed things up for you x

Katerpillar said:
Thinking of you Mummy Clark and really hoping you get to meet your baba sooner rather than later :)

Well, I had my first midwife appt today and she was absolutely lovely. Took me through all the paperwork and did bloods and other tests. Starting to feel very real now. I've put on half a stone since I found out I was pregnant through pure gluttony but have reigned it in the last week and hoping to settle into a more healthy routine now!
Midwife did say I would need to be consultant led as opposed to midwife led as some abnormal cells were found in my cervix a couple of years ago and I had to have them cut out which means my cervix is thinner than it should be. She was really nice and said it shouldn't be anything to worry about but it was a bit of a surprise to learn that I was a 'special' case :( She said they just had to be careful as it could result in premature labour depending on how much as taken. Really hoping everything will be OK!

Anyway, should expect scan date in the next could of weeks - eeeeeek!!! Soooooo excited for that!! :D Then I've just got to start thinking about how I am going to tell work....

It's so much more real when you start getting your appointments, then it hits you again at your scan. Hope the weeks go quick for you until your scan. I was nervous about telling work, I don't know why I knew they wouldn't be bothered and I'm not the sort of person that care's what people think either but I still didn't want to tell them lol, I text half of my work colleagues while they were on lunch so I only had to tell half at a time ha ha x

Back