Pregnancy and Slimming World

Thanks everyone were all ok now, bubs had no problems with the meconium even heartbeat through labour was strong consistently. Still haven't been to sleep since Friday night do om exhausted. I asked hubby why he freaked out so much, and bless him he said he thought he was gonna lose me, nice to know he does actually care. Think this experience has shown him how hard labour really is with me screwing in agony while pushing, last time I had an epidural so was calm and silent throughout that part. He's gone a bit soppy which is nice, just hope he's ok I'm the morning when he comes back to see us x

Congrats mummy Clark. What a lovely name for your little girl.
Your labour sounds traumatic! Your lucky you both survived so no wonder ur hubby panicked.

You def had a bad few days! Try and get some rest now as ppl will be coming to check u every 5 mins come abt 7am!

geordie_lass21 said:
Thanks, I put on the maximum recommended for the average BMI but I was happy with this (as it was a stone less than I put on with my first). If I wear the right top (like I am today as had family over to meet Daniel and I knew there would be loads of pics) I dont really look like I had a baby a week ago. I do think its because I had a boy though as I really was all bump.

I feel pretty determined at the moment, partly because I have 6 weeks before I have to pay again and although I know I cant lose that much in 6 weeks i would ideally like to get closish to target). It is hard though as coffee with cake is hard to resist but I think if I allow myself one treat a day as my main syns then I will be fine.

You'll be at your target in no time. You seem to be really in the right frame of mind!!

Hope your all doing well xx

Thanks, yes I definitely feel in control. As long as Daniel is putting on wright but tbh I do think am having a lot of calories, just of the tight stuff. He seems to be feeding well bit my concerns are his poos. Today is day 7 yet they are still green (they should be yellow and grainy by day 4! Plus he not gone in the last 15 hours! Forgot how much u obsess over poo and weight with a newborn! Going to docs this morning about tummy ache!)

Hi girlys, congrats to all of you who have had you little bundles, im so jelous seems like Ive got ages left.

Have any of you not put on the recommended weight gain for pregnancy? its just im 30 weeks now and not gained anything, im starting to worry a bit because I have always gained at least 3 stone with all my pregnancys. Its not even like Iv been following SW and being extra healthy, I wish I had but unfortunately not, im also on insulin as developed gestational diabetes at 16 weeks, I was warned I may put on a lot of weight with it but it just hasnt happened. I have regular growth scans and babys perfect so far, so I hope its nothing to worry about, I just find it a bit strange.

Sounds like you put through the ringer Mummy Clark - bless your hubby - sometimes it takes thinking you're going to lose something to appreciate it how much you need/love it! Hope you are all OK and you get to go home soon!

Geordie Lass you are going great guns with your weight loss - well done! I hope I am as determined as you when I finally give birth!

Today is the first day I have felt any sort of sickness and it was more of a queasy feeling (I am 10 weeks today) as opposed to "I'm going to be sick" feeling. Was awful this morning trying to get ready for work though I really, really could have just stayed in bed and slept and felt sorry for myself! ha! Pleased I didn’t though as I had some toast and felt right as rain! Weird…..

I have been having some crazy heart palpitations this morning too - feels like I've got a butterfly in my chest or something. Apparently it's normal but it feels VERY strange!!

Anyway, hope all you new yummy mummy's and mummy's to be are in good spirits today xx

Last edited:
I am the same as you Katerpiller about telling work. I know a lot of woman have kids but I was worried about what they would think about me wanting another year off when having a second. Its almost like I feel its important to tell them I do only want 2 kids – and I wouldn’t dream of having 2 so close together so your only back a short while before going off again. I know work cant do anything about it but I would still feel guilty. The thing is everyone was really happy for me. My manager was even though it mean he had to look for someone. So I do understand how you feel but I think everyone will be happy for you regardless of the time.

Here's hoping!! I will be telling them next week as we have a launch event coming up and there will be a lot of lifting heavy boxes and promo material around!!

bailey80 said:
Hi girlys, congrats to all of you who have had you little bundles, im so jelous seems like Ive got ages left.

Have any of you not put on the recommended weight gain for pregnancy? its just im 30 weeks now and not gained anything, im starting to worry a bit because I have always gained at least 3 stone with all my pregnancys. Its not even like Iv been following SW and being extra healthy, I wish I had but unfortunately not, im also on insulin as developed gestational diabetes at 16 weeks, I was warned I may put on a lot of weight with it but it just hasnt happened. I have regular growth scans and babys perfect so far, so I hope its nothing to worry about, I just find it a bit strange.

I wouldn't worry at all, if your having growth scans then baby must be gaining weight fine, so try not to worry, you've still got 10 weeks left, you may gain a bit towards the end. You've not got too long left though x

I wouldn't worry at all, if your having growth scans then baby must be gaining weight fine, so try not to worry, you've still got 10 weeks left, you may gain a bit towards the end. You've not got too long left though x

Thanks, knowing me Ill go and put on a couple of stone now Ive said that lol. Iv actually only got 8 weeks left because Im having section at 38 weeks, Iv got a holiday and a wedding between now and then so should go by quite quickly (I hope) x

ive gained nearly 3 stone now - so im hoping it comes off after the baby is here!!! i will be a focused SW-er once more! x

ive gained nearly 3 stone now - so im hoping it comes off after the baby is here!!! i will be a focused SW-er once more! x

I wouldnt worry as i looked at your food diary and seems your really good. you have a lot of your syns in food (i have my syns in treats which mean i have my 3 meals a day and then have snacks on top of them as my syns lol). So yours will probs be mainly baby.

parfittaroles said:
Hi girls, I was just wondering if any of you had cramps in early pregnancy? I'm a bit worried x

Hi, yep I did with both, with the first I went to doc's then had scan, I was only 5 weeks but they just checked it and it was just implantation cramps. Same with my second but I never had a scan. They say to only worry if it's accompanied by bleeding but I never bled and I went to docs which is why they referred me for early scan. So if your concerned speak to your doc or midwife. If anything it might put your mind at rest x

Yeah I've had cramps - mainly after sex and they were really painful but I spoke to m midwife and she said that's normal as the uterus contracts. Also had cramp once just on a normal day and again she said totally normal. But I agree with Oasis that you should speak to someone if you want our mind put at rest. Have you me our midwife yet? Hope you feel ok now x

I rang to make an appointment today but she wasn't there so she's ringing me back tomorrow to make an appointment. It's an odd pain, kind of behind my belly button. My sister has suggested it may be a UTI as I keep weeing too. Thank you for your replies :) It's my first pregnancy so its all new to me! I think the next 8 months are going to go soooo slowly!

The keep weeing is definitely a sign of early pregnancy. It was one of the reasons I knew I was pregnant with my first. I was constantly on the loo.

I didn't suffer cramps (but them I don't with periods either) but I did bleed at the implantation with my 2nd. I knew I was pregnant a week before I even tested! A friend of mine got period cramps and bleeding for the first 3 months of pregnancy. She didn't even know she was pregnant until 12 weeks as the bleeding and cramps tied in with when her period was due.

All pregnancies are different, I know that now after having 2 very different ones (i kind of thought that is something ppl just say) haha.

My best advice is if your ever worried ask ur midwife rather than use google. I don't exactly follow this myself mind because when ur worried u want reassurance but I try not to. The reason I say this is when I was 10 weeks with Amy I lost all the pregnancy symptoms. I wasn't weeing lots and I really wanted a.glass.of wine (that is what upset me the most). Looking back it seems quite funny now. Anyway I posted on a forum hoping for reassurance and got none. Everyone said it didn't sound good etc. I went to see midwife and I was distraught. The midwife sent me for early scan and everything was ok. Turns our I was 11 weeks (not sure how as I used ov sticks and temp.monitoring ) and although ppl lose symptoms at 12 weeks mine.went a bit early.

Mind saying that the girls on this forum are.really nice. When o used baby.expert forum they were all.doom and gloom ppl.

Thank you so much for your reply :) I really appreciate the support! I asked on a baby group forum & I got worrying replies! I don't have morning sickness yet either so they said i should see the midwive! I think you're right - i'll leave the group & stop googling every little thing!

I decided to bite the bullet & told my mother today. I was dreading it but she was great :) shocked, but delighted! Yei! :)

Good news about your mum :)
I never suffered morning sickness with either! I have good aversions with my first (not that notable really until several weeks went past). I just "didn't fancy red meat or spice". I choose more fish and chicken. Was more later on when I realised I had gone off it when I hadn't fancied it for weeks. With my second I craved red.meat and spice but I honestly can't remember when the cravings or aversions started. Some ppl are just lucky with no sickness (although unlucky as u put on weight more than those who don't eat for the first trimester!)

I'm the same I had bad nausea and went off foods with both pregnancies but I wasn't sick once. I was so lucky as I have a fear of sick and being sick x

Hi girls,

Weird that you have both just explained some of your sympotms as I was just going to ask!!

I am dying to know what I am having but my OH is having none of it so we are not finding out as it would be awful me knowing and him now - can you imagine if we had an argument and I teased him with it ha ha!

Anyway, I know it's only old wives tales but I have been wondering if people with more than 1 baby had experienced different symptoms each time round…..so thanks for answering already ha!

I have had very little sickness (felt queasy a few days but no vomiting and it queasiness has not lasted for a sustained amount of time), my hair and nails are in much better condition, my skin is pimply (yack!) and I have gained half a stone already (only 10+1) and am constantly hungry - any guesses???? Come on, humour me!! Not sure how I'm going to last another 30 weeks without finding out arrrgghhh! ha!

Back