Pregnancy and Slimming World

We have just come back from a couple of days away on Scotland and I was hoping my scan date would be waiting for me when I got in but instead I have a letter from the doctors saying that the results of my urine test are available and the doctor would like it to be retested :( Now I have to wait until Monday to ask why and drop a new sample back in! Does anyone have any idea what they test it for? I hope there's nothing wrong and that I could stop worrying about every little thing!! I have even been out and bought a test just to check for the 25th time that I'm still pregnant!!!! :eek: Still 2 lines there.....:)

Katerpillar said:
Awwww wow Jenna your bump looks amazing :) I think bumps are so beautiful! I can't wait to get one and start showing it off ha ah! It sounds like you are ready for this baba to come now Mrs so I really hope he/she makes an appearance soon for ou! Beautiful name you have chosen too :) I think you are having a girl xxxx

Thanks hun! Can't believe how fast my pregnancy has gone!! not looking forward to the way my body will be afterwards though I've put on over 3stone which they keep telling me is water and baby! I've had a very very sweet tooth which isn't like me at all! Started with contractions on Thursday night had 3 in 20mins then had a very upset tummy so thought I'd be holding my baby by now but they stopped after a while!!!! we have predicted baby will be here by Sunday but not so sure now! xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Katerpillar said:
We have just come back from a couple of days away on Scotland and I was hoping my scan date would be waiting for me when I got in but instead I have a letter from the doctors saying that the results of my urine test are available and the doctor would like it to be retested :( Now I have to wait until Monday to ask why and drop a new sample back in! Does anyone have any idea what they test it for? I hope there's nothing wrong and that I could stop worrying about every little thing!! I have even been out and bought a test just to check for the 25th time that I'm still pregnant!!!! :eek: Still 2 lines there.....:)

I never had to do a sample had millions of blood tests though but think that was coz of my history. I'm sure all will be fine hun I wouldn't worry. I did about 21tests too!! How many weeks are you now? Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi ladies, Daniel is now 12 days old :) and yest I got weighed and had lost 5.5lbs (total 20.5 and only 13 left to lose).

Daniel seems.to be doing.well. obsessed with poo tho - he doesn't do.enough so getting him Weighed today for day 10 check ( 2 days late cos wanted timed appointment). Think he has colic - year he didn't sleep except being cuddled by me between hours of 11am and 9pm.

Can't wait.to introduce a dummy aa sure will help!

geordie_lass21 said:
Hi ladies, Daniel is now 12 days old :) and yest I got weighed and had lost 5.5lbs (total 20.5 and only 13 left to lose).

Daniel seems.to be doing.well. obsessed with poo tho - he doesn't do.enough so getting him Weighed today for day 10 check ( 2 days late cos wanted timed appointment). Think he has colic - year he didn't sleep except being cuddled by me between hours of 11am and 9pm.

Well done Hun, 12 days gone and you've only 13lbs left to lose, that's amazing!!

Hope his check up today is all good and that he starts sleeping well soon :) xxx

That's amazing weight loss so quick! I reckon I've over 4st on & yet still can't stop the treats! Sw is completely out the window at the minute!

Past few days if I'm not sleeping r lying down at least then I'm cleaning & rearranging! I've rearranged the babies things that many times even I'm gonna have no idea where things r!!!

Thanks - I am in my pre-pregnancy jeans as well. Considering I put on 2.5 stone I am definitely well pleased with myself. :)

VM dont be too hard on yourself - if you looked at my posts I couldnt curb the chocolate either. Or the food. Whereas everyone else appeared to be losing in the last few weeks I was gaining 3 lbs at a time. I was super hungry and wanted sugar. The day he was born I was starving - I ate a lot in hospital that day. The next day I was quite bad in the morning (breakfast was pretty rubbish so I had white bread and jam and some weetabix with disgusting luke warm milk - I hate that as I always like my milk ice cold on cereal)! Hubby brought me a chocolate tiffin from costa at the hospital and I ate it despite not really needing it. but from that point I was really good and genuinely didnt crave the sugar.

I did with my first (at least I think I did, maybe I was just greedy but I ate a lot of treats). In comparison I am being a lot more healthier on the snack front! So dont worry too much, you will lose it when you have the baby and if your determined you can get back on plan. I quite enjoy it.

Sounds like you may be nesting - you never know you might come early. Just dont get your hopes up and you wont be disappointed if you arent. :)

geordie_lass21 said:
Thanks - I am in my pre-pregnancy jeans as well. Considering I put on 2.5 stone I am definitely well pleased with myself. :)

VM dont be too hard on yourself - if you looked at my posts I couldnt curb the chocolate either. Or the food. Whereas everyone else appeared to be losing in the last few weeks I was gaining 3 lbs at a time. I was super hungry and wanted sugar. The day he was born I was starving - I ate a lot in hospital that day. The next day I was quite bad in the morning (breakfast was pretty rubbish so I had white bread and jam and some weetabix with disgusting luke warm milk - I hate that as I always like my milk ice cold on cereal)! Hubby brought me a chocolate tiffin from costa at the hospital and I ate it despite not really needing it. but from that point I was really good and genuinely didnt crave the sugar.

I did with my first (at least I think I did, maybe I was just greedy but I ate a lot of treats). In comparison I am being a lot more healthier on the snack front! So dont worry too much, you will lose it when you have the baby and if your determined you can get back on plan. I quite enjoy it.

Sounds like you may be nesting - you never know you might come early. Just dont get your hopes up and you wont be disappointed if you arent. :)

I'm dreaming of fitting into pre pregnancy jeans with a proper waist band, and sleeping on my tummy, but just can't imagine how amazing it'll feel to b handed a wee bundle most of all :0) Got my crib and Moses basket ready now but feeling bad as there's no nursery! We have the furniture bought- but plan to move b4 bump needs its own room so holding out on doing up the room! So it looks like a storage room of boxes at the minute!

I keep telling myself it'll breast once bump is here and ill be focused on sw- just hope it's as easy as that! I loved sw before so fingers crossed! Id love to know am I actually craving sweet stuff r is it a good excuse 'cos I'm pregnant' lol

I think ur craving it. Sure I was and if it was just an excuse I could still use it with breastfeeding couldn't I?

Don't worry abt nursery. Ours is set up but u don't use it. I haven't even been using it for changing! I change downstairs on floor or at night I change upstairs on our bed! Am using the wardrobe at present and that's it.

I would say buy more nappies than u think. I reckon have already used 150 nappies. Don't buy too many size 1s as wish I hadn't. And get more that one brand.

I been buying pampers as that's what I used with my daughter. Got loads when on 3 for 2 at boots. Wish I hadn't as bought some huggies now and so much better with a boy! Going to use pampers during day and huggies at night as leaks in day are a lot easier than night as otherwise need to change bedding aa well.

geordie_lass21 said:

Can I ask why you haven't tried him with a dummy yet? Just curious :) well done on your weight x

They don't recommend it til 4 weeks when breast feeding aa can cause nipple confusion although with Amy it was 2-3 weeks and I did it at 2 and half. Doing the same with Daniel provided he gains weight today and thurs. He isn't as good as Amy at feeding. He struggles on the right breast with latching on

Oh I see :) that makes sense, Jack never was interested in a dummy but Naomi does, but I think him going to wean her off it soon before she gets to attached, sometimes it comforts her and other times we just lie her in her Moses basket and she is fine x

He only put on 90gs today (in 5 days). The arent majorly concerned but aren't happy either. Midwife wont discharge me yet though and wants to see me again.

So she said she definitely wouldnt give the dummy yet (have next weigh in on thurs but she wants to talk to me on Monday as well).

Geordie my daughter sucks a dummy now and at her 5 day check had gained 2oz, have you tried pumping to increase your supply? Xx

Naomi never got weighed until 14 days old. I wonder if it's cos she was bottle fed do you think?

Wow mummy Clark that's good. We are.miles away from his birth weight (still 8oz to go) and we on day 12. I darent try yet until he feeding better. I couldn't pump with Amy so not tried with Daniel.

I am surprised u didn't.get a weight measurement on day 5 and day 10. They are the two common times

amelia was weighed on day,6 and had,put 11ounces on. her birth weight was 7lb and she went to 7.11 and a week later was 8.7 n half
he gained really quickly but i found she was feeding constant

Same here becca mine is feeding constantly too, she's 8lb 6 now, but seems to be calming a bit on feeds.
In surprised you didn't have yours measured as well oasis. Midwife is coming again on day 10 to weigh and check her again x

Daniel is feeding constantly too. I just dont get it. Yesterday he had 11 feeds!

Back