Pregnancy and Slimming World

FinnFinn said:
Hey eveyone, I would like to join as I just found out a few weeks ago that we are now expecting our 2nd baby but won't be due until March 2013 so have a long way to go, just really want to make sure I stick to my SW as I have never eaten so healthy before now!

Mrs JH I think you are having a boy from looking at your bump as it looks so similar to my last! And he came on the due date so fingers crossed for you. I know how horrible the wait is but do try and enjoy it as you will have so much to do once he/she arrives, the first few days are like a whirlwind!

Hi there :) I'm also due in March :) it seems like ages away! I want to fast forward a few months

JH - you must be so uncomfortable in this heat. I hope you go into labour soon!

parfittaroles said:
Hi there :) I'm also due in March :) it seems like ages away! I want to fast forward a few months

JH - you must be so uncomfortable in this heat. I hope you go into labour soon!

It honestly does fly- maybe not at the time- but looking back I dunno where the time has gone to be honest - I focused on reading the pregnancy bible but never reading ahead of the stage I was at and loved the babycenter & what to expect apps- reading each wee milestone of bump passed the time - and it tells u what size bump is and what's developing each week :0)

Enjoy it!!! :0)

My advice too when u hit 30+ weeks is get ur shopping done early b4 u r too big & uncomfortable to shop :0)

Hope you get your sweep soon chick and Baby JH makes an appearance soon. One of my best friends was due the same day as you and we are on tenterhooks at the minute! Not just because of the sweepstake that we have on either!! ;)

I had another scan this morning as last week the baby wasn't long enough to do the NT scan. Got to do it all again this morning yay! We had to go to the labour ward this time though so we saw lots of pregnant mamas and heard lots of screaming! Ouch! My OH looked a bit white ha ha!

The midwife who did my scan this time was very patronising and I felt like I was back at school - she asked me if I had even read my notes about the NT scan - how rude! She didn’t dampen the mood though when I got to see my baby again - was fab, fab, fab!! She said I would not be allowed to listen to the heartbeat until after 20 weeks but assured me that it was beating away like a goodun! She also advised against any sort of doppler saying that it each one has a different electrical current which is not good for the baby - anyone ever heard that before? I was going to do some research anyway but she has certainly put me off!

Told everyone at work now and it feels so liberating! Everyone is over the moon for us so I feel so happy today, can’t stop smiling!

I know it sounds weird but I am not wishing this pregnancy over at all - to be honest I am terrified of baby actually being here so feel like I fully need the next 6 months to get used to the fact I'm going to be a Mammy!! ha ha! We also have a lot of work to do in the house before he/she arrives so I'm hoping the weeks don't fly by….

Weight-wise I have put on 7lbs - but I had put on 7lbs 3 weeks ago which means I've STS since then. I know 7lbs is not ideal to have gained already but I am TRYING to be better with my food choices.

Anyway, I've rambled on there ha ah! Hope all is well with everyone xx

Katerpillar said:
Hope you get your sweep soon chick and Baby JH makes an appearance soon. One of my best friends was due the same day as you and we are on tenterhooks at the minute! Not just because of the sweepstake that we have on either!! ;)

I had another scan this morning as last week the baby wasn't long enough to do the NT scan. Got to do it all again this morning yay! We had to go to the labour ward this time though so we saw lots of pregnant mamas and heard lots of screaming! Ouch! My OH looked a bit white ha ha!

The midwife who did my scan this time was very patronising and I felt like I was back at school - she asked me if I had even read my notes about the NT scan - how rude! She didn't dampen the mood though when I got to see my baby again - was fab, fab, fab!! She said I would not be allowed to listen to the heartbeat until after 20 weeks but assured me that it was beating away like a goodun! She also advised against any sort of doppler saying that it each one has a different electrical current which is not good for the baby - anyone ever heard that before? I was going to do some research anyway but she has certainly put me off!

Told everyone at work now and it feels so liberating! Everyone is over the moon for us so I feel so happy today, can't stop smiling!

I know it sounds weird but I am not wishing this pregnancy over at all - to be honest I am terrified of baby actually being here so feel like I fully need the next 6 months to get used to the fact I'm going to be a Mammy!! ha ha! We also have a lot of work to do in the house before he/she arrives so I'm hoping the weeks don't fly by....

Weight-wise I have put on 7lbs - but I had put on 7lbs 3 weeks ago which means I've STS since then. I know 7lbs is not ideal to have gained already but I am TRYING to be better with my food choices.

Anyway, I've rambled on there ha ah! Hope all is well with everyone xx

Pleased you got to see baby again I loved extra scans! how are you feeling? Still no baby from me and getting really fed up! honestly pregnancy flies by I can't believe I will meet my baby in less than 9days!! don't worry about putting on weight I've blown up like a balloon and probs put on over 3stone but it can't be helped. I was soooooo sick till around 25 weeks I seemed to have gained it all since then as I was able to eat more. can not wait to get back on slimming world as soon as this baby is out coz I feel disgusting. I've found it really hard seeing my body change so much have barely been out I got a noticeable bump from around 8weeks and just ballooned from then and it def wasn't food choices making me like that!

Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Can't quite believe it but I finished work today til may 2013 :0) I'm hating work so this is like winning the lottery for me! :D

nbask said:
Good for you!!! Hope you get a chance to have a good rest before little one arrives.

Hope so :0) although I had pains last night but nothing regular- then I was convinced the dog knew something I didn't! He spent the night barking and crying lying beside me! Strange! Even hubby thought so!

oasis6918 said:
That's good, dogs can sense change, hopefully he can sense its soon x

I hope so lol- by 8.15 I've upstairs dusted, bathroom cleaned, kitchen benches washed, dishes put away.... And a list done of everything else that needs done lol!

sounds like you are nesting VM! :D xxx very jealous of you finishing work, i am still here for a couple of weeks!!!! :(

Ellebear said:
sounds like you are nesting VM! :D xxx very jealous of you finishing work, i am still here for a couple of weeks!!!! :(

It'll fly by! Quite pleased I'm in week 38 and lasted that long but mon & tues were tough and nearly passed out on Monday so be careful not to work too far into ur time- midwife gave me a lecture last week saying how important it is to fit in some rest to get ur mind in the right place and also prepare ur body- she assumed I would have been finished!

hi all. im now in week 17 and been going to class from the beginning. iv maintained every week and today iv lost half a lb.. very happy considering i eat tons of cereal and pints of milk by the hour!!! anyway i wondered how long u ladies lasted for before piling it on?? and is it actually possible to maintain or even lose throughout the later stages? thanks x

I'm still here :-( booked in for sweep at 9am sat morning at the hospital. 5days over and it's torture!! Really panicking the longer baby stays in the bigger its going to be and won't be able to push it out! My friend went 12 days over due was induced on Monday 2days of labour pushed for nearly 2hours baby got stuck and had to have emergency c sec. Baby came out at 9lb 10 coz he kept growing and growing!! ! I'm terrified :-/ xx

My son was 8 days late - I pushed for about an hour - he was 5lb 9oz!!!!! So try not to get too worried!!

Good luck,

Trace xxx

MrsJH said:
I'm still here :-( booked in for sweep at 9am sat morning at the hospital. 5days over and it's torture!! Really panicking the longer baby stays in the bigger its going to be and won't be able to push it out! My friend went 12 days over due was induced on Monday 2days of labour pushed for nearly 2hours baby got stuck and had to have emergency c sec. Baby came out at 9lb 10 coz he kept growing and growing!! ! I'm terrified :-/ xx

Don't worry I went into labour After my second sweep 12 days over, I pushed for 10 minutes and bubba was 8lb 4. Weight doesn't really matter anyway, it's the size of the head, my first daughter was harder to push with a bigger head but weighed less xx

Hi everyone! Went to my active birth class this morning - lots of info and got to really think about my birth plan now and finishing my hospital bag packing!!!! Need to get some drinks and snacks to put in there.....
Got most of the stuff i think though and learnt a few things i didnt know from the class.
Ready for baby now - 5 weeks or so to go!!!! *eeek*

Decided I'm going to stop moping around waiting for this lazy baby tomorrow and start cooking some SW meals to freeze for when baby is finally here! Did anyone else do this and what did you make? Xx

I did I made spaghetti bolognaise, chilli (with baked beans) I don't like the other kind and chicken curry xx

Back