Pregnancy and Slimming World

MrsJH said:
Decided I'm going to stop moping around waiting for this lazy baby tomorrow and start cooking some SW meals to freeze for when baby is finally here! Did anyone else do this and what did you make? Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

What a fab idea!

Oh I was gonna cook but hubby said sure it doesnt take much time to cook dinner & there's two of us.... Needless to say he's a bit clueless bout a babies demands.... Erm whatever he likes... He'll realise soon lol

Has anyone used or plan to use a tens machine?! I have heard amazing reports do bought the Elle babycare and have just tried it! Tried it on my arm and on the lowest setting I almost cleared the seat I was sitting on! Lol

I used a tens machine while I was in labour and it didn't help me at all but that was when I was 4cm. My contractions were really painful BUT I know a few people who have used it and say it really does help in early labour. How long you got left hun, you seem to have been pregnant for ages lol sorry!! Xx

oasis6918 said:
I used a tens machine while I was in labour and it didn't help me at all but that was when I was 4cm. My contractions were really painful BUT I know a few people who have used it and say it really does help in early labour. How long you got left hun, you seem to have been pregnant for ages lol sorry!! Xx

I know the feeling! 2 weeks to go but baby is big and so been told any time! Got a scan on Tuesday to give exact weight& let docs decide if ok to wait or need to move sooner!

I'm sure it'll be fine hun, atleast you'll get to see your beautiful baby again before the big day or you might go this weekend before your scan :) x

oasis6918 said:
I'm sure it'll be fine hun, atleast you'll get to see your beautiful baby again before the big day or you might go this weekend before your scan :) x

I'm feeling ready now! Got most of the cleaning done that I'd planned - just wee things like sorting toiletries shelves etc and clearing out the hotpress- stuff that can definitely wait lol

Just can't believe I've a little person inside me and gonna be handed it soon :0)

You must be so excited!

I use a tens for period pain & it works a treat. However, i'm not daft enough to think labour is anything like period pain, so who knows!

I had a tens and.it was brilliant. Couldn't have dealt.with pain without it. On your arm it would hurt. It hurts if u turn it up too high too.

I has the elle femme.which might be quite old now as.I got from.ebay over 3 years ago

Tips are.get ur partner to read.where the pads go on.ur back. 2.under ur bra .line and 2 over ur underwear line. The instructord should show u. Set it to pulse mode when in labour and when u have a contraction change ro continuous. There should be a separate game held button that u can press when u get a contraction.

As contractions get more severe u can turn it up. By the time Daniel was.born I has just moved to top setting. I dir.by mistake turn it too high and has to quickly turn it down so I didn't reach the intense pain where needed top amount til right at end. I couldn't have got thru it without the tens (i only used tens and gas & air with both labours)

parfittaroles said:
You must be so excited!

I use a tens for period pain & it works a treat. However, i'm not daft enough to think labour is anything like period pain, so who knows!

Great! Means I'll get use out of it after :0)

geordie_lass21 said:
I had a tens and.it was brilliant. Couldn't have dealt.with pain without it. On your arm it would hurt. It hurts if u turn it up too high too.

I has the elle femme.which might be quite old now as.I got from.ebay over 3 years ago

Tips are.get ur partner to read.where the pads go on.ur back. 2.under ur bra .line and 2 over ur underwear line. The instructord should show u. Set it to pulse mode when in labour and when u have a contraction change ro continuous. There should be a separate game held button that u can press when u get a contraction.

As contractions get more severe u can turn it up. By the time Daniel was.born I has just moved to top setting. I dir.by mistake turn it too high and has to quickly turn it down so I didn't reach the intense pain where needed top amount til right at end. I couldn't have got thru it without the tens (i only used tens and gas & air with both labours)

Id love just tens & gas! Ive him instructed to read up in advance but his response is what am I using that for? Can I not go to hospital & deal with it like everyone else does!!!! Grrr! I know where I'd like to place the tens & boost it lol

Can't believe how excited I am- I used to think hols & Christmas were exciting :D

Today's task is to try & find a size 16/18 stretchy maxi dress in dark colours for someone tall and very pregnant incase I'm overdue as we've a wedding on 16th!!! My hip is in agony since yesterday though - so bad that I got stuck at shops for few mins unable to lift my left leg into the car! Hoping that doesn't stay long r hinder the shopping! Maybe give drs r midwives a call and c

As long as your not induced, tens and gas and air will probably be fine. I had just gas and air for my second and managed ok, bloody hurt still though and wasn't allowed it for the pushing bit, absolute agony.
For those looking for birthing nighties they have some in primark at the moment that look like a mans oversized shirt, unbuttons all the way down the front and is low enough that you can whip us boobs out. Also long enough to give you some dignity when your pacing about with no knickers on. Was brilliant in my experience, just wish I'd got 2 to take in x

u might not get chance for other drugs. with my first i got to 10cm quick and they said no to epidural. they took gas and air off me when i had to push. with this one it was all quick and i kept the gas and air til he was born. i would def use tens just incase they wont let u have other drugs

yesssssssssssss!!! Had my sweep at 9am! 1-2cm dilated she could feel head and even said she could have broke my waters as they were bulging but said its best to wait for naturally to happen cervix is very favorable!! Booked in for induction on Thursday but she said def wont be needing it!! :)))))))))))) xx

MrsJH said:
yesssssssssssss!!! Had my sweep at 9am! 1-2cm dilated she could feel head and even said she could have broke my waters as they were bulging but said its best to wait for naturally to happen cervix is very favorable!! Booked in for induction on Thursday but she said def wont be needing it!! :)))))))))))) xx

Oh all the best!!! So exciting :0) bet u r hyper now! Hope it all goes well and can't wait to hear ur news ( slightly jealous too I may add lol) x x

Vm019 said:
Oh all the best!!! So exciting :0) bet u r hyper now! Hope it all goes well and can't wait to hear ur news ( slightly jealous too I may add lol) x x

Thanks hun! I'm scared to get my hopes up incase nothing happens! it's only 1-2cms and I'm not in labour untill its 3-4! she told us to go home have a poo and have some nookie!!!!!! LOL! I'm 7days over today! Xx

Lol sounds nice he he! U deserve to go now then! Can't imagine going over at the minute! I'm banking on going early & gonna try a vindaloo tonight I think :D nookie did nothing last night except make us laugh at how much bump was getting in the way now lol

MrsJH said:

Fantastic!!!! Can't wait to hear your good news - not long now!!! Xxx

MrsJH said:

Ah that's fab can't wait to hear your birth announcement x

Back