Pregnancy and Slimming World

Still here nothing happening! So annoying! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi ladies! Congratulations to you all! Im about 6/7 weeks pregnant and Im already finding none of my clothes fit around my stomch :( Ive been eating rubbish recently cos I couldnt face cooking much. Im wanting to get back into sw to make sure Im eating well for the baby and hopefully minimise the weight gain.

My question is as Im not already an existing member am I allowed to join a class? Im asuming I'd have to tell the consultant but am a little worried about what happens at group therapy cos I'm not anticipating great losses but dont want people looking at me like I'm rubbish/not sticking to it. Can I ask the C not to read out my weigh ins? Also I see the mw next week for my booking in appointment, should I ask her first before going to class or can I go this week and then check with the mw its ok to stick with it?

Mrs CC said:
Hi ladies! Congratulations to you all! Im about 6/7 weeks pregnant and Im already finding none of my clothes fit around my stomch :( Ive been eating rubbish recently cos I couldnt face cooking much. Im wanting to get back into sw to make sure Im eating well for the baby and hopefully minimise the weight gain.

My question is as Im not already an existing member am I allowed to join a class? Im asuming I'd have to tell the consultant but am a little worried about what happens at group therapy cos I'm not anticipating great losses but dont want people looking at me like I'm rubbish/not sticking to it. Can I ask the C not to read out my weigh ins? Also I see the mw next week for my booking in appointment, should I ask her first before going to class or can I go this week and then check with the mw its ok to stick with it?

Congratulations mrs cc!! Is this your first?

I do sw at home so I'm not sure about meetings, I think from what I've read you do need to get your midwife's permission. Good luck, and don't be too hard on yourself xxx

You get a form from your consultant that your midwife needs to sign to say you can go. Otherwise your consultant won't let you attend class. My midwife and doctor refused to sign my form saying they don't condone dieting while pregnant - clearly they do not know about slimming world, so I explained that its just healthy eating and it doesn't restrict calories or cut out any food groups but they would not sign. HOWEVER slimming world is recognised by the midwife's association (can't remember what its called) so you shouldn't have any problems. I 've not come across a single other person on here that has been refused and I think my doctors are ridiculous. I'm overweight with a high bmi so its not like I didn't need to lose a few lb's. I'm sure you'll be fine like most people. Good luck :) x

B's lovely lady said:
Congratulations mrs cc!! Is this your first?

I do sw at home so I'm not sure about meetings, I think from what I've read you do need to get your midwife's permission. Good luck, and don't be too hard on yourself xxx

Thanks, yes its my first! How about yourself? We had been trying for a while but it still feels like its snuck up on us! I've found it quite emotional the last couple of weeks as I didnt expect it to be this tough or have so much change in my appearance so early on. I had been really sick to begin with but now I feel like Im always hungry and eating. At least if Im eating sw foods I should be better than with crisps and rubbish.

oasis6918 said:
You get a form from your consultant that your midwife needs to sign to say you can go. Otherwise your consultant won't let you attend class. My midwife and doctor refused to sign my form saying they don't condone dieting while pregnant - clearly they do not know about slimming world, so I explained that its just healthy eating and it doesn't restrict calories or cut out any food groups but they would not sign. HOWEVER slimming world is recognised by the midwife's association (can't remember what its called) so you shouldn't have any problems. I 've not come across a single other person on here that has been refused and I think my doctors are ridiculous. I'm overweight with a high bmi so its not like I didn't need to lose a few lb's. I'm sure you'll be fine like most people. Good luck :) x

Oh oasis Im sorry to hear you've had problems with the drs! Can't believe they wouldnt encourage sensible eating in pregnancy. Do you just follow it from home then?

Mrs CC said:
Thanks, yes its my first! How about yourself? We had been trying for a while but it still feels like its snuck up on us! I've found it quite emotional the last couple of weeks as I didnt expect it to be this tough or have so much change in my appearance so early on. I had been really sick to begin with but now I feel like Im always hungry and eating. At least if Im eating sw foods I should be better than with crisps and rubbish.

Yeah this is my first too, I'm 22 weeks now, can't believe how quick the times going... Trying to stick to sw def does help, but don't worry too much. I never had any sickness just nausea and the only thing that helped was eating... Lots of toast and stodge!!! Now I'm feeling more normal but tiredness does make me still eat crap, I just try my hardest to eat sw and forget about the rest... I'm veggie so I always do green days anyway, but from what I've seen on here sw suggest you follow extra easy but have 2 healthy extra a's and 2 healthy extra B's a day - and eat your 15 syns :)

Mrs CC said:

Congratulations :) this will be my first too. I'm only 7 weeks and I know how you're feeling! I'm always hungry. I even woke up at two o clock this morning with a rumbling belly!

B's lovely lady said:
Yeah this is my first too, I'm 22 weeks now, can't believe how quick the times going... Trying to stick to sw def does help, but don't worry too much. I never had any sickness just nausea and the only thing that helped was eating... Lots of toast and stodge!!! Now I'm feeling more normal but tiredness does make me still eat crap, I just try my hardest to eat sw and forget about the rest... I'm veggie so I always do green days anyway, but from what I've seen on here sw suggest you follow extra easy but have 2 healthy extra a's and 2 healthy extra B's a day - and eat your 15 syns :)

Do you know what you're having yet then or have you not found out?

I think my problem is my sis has just had a baby shes always been tiny and didnt put on much with hers, plus she had a relatively stress free pregancy, where as I already feel massive and like crap. It sounds ridiculously but I'm worried about comparing badly with her :( I know Im being silly though and all that matters is the health of my baby really!

parfittaroles said:
Congratulations :) this will be my first too. I'm only 7 weeks and I know how you're feeling! I'm always hungry. I even woke up at two o clock this morning with a rumbling belly!

Congrats to you Parfittaroles! My OH finds my rumbly tummy quite amusing, asks if its me or the baby!

Mrs CC said:
Do you know what you're having yet then or have you not found out?

I think my problem is my sis has just had a baby shes always been tiny and didnt put on much with hers, plus she had a relatively stress free pregancy, where as I already feel massive and like crap. It sounds ridiculously but I'm worried about comparing badly with her :( I know Im being silly though and all that matters is the health of my baby really!

Yes we do, we're having a boy!! Very excited!

I know it's stupid to say it because I would, but try not compare yourself, everyones pregnancys are different x

Mrs CC said:
Oh oasis Im sorry to hear you've had problems with the drs! Can't believe they wouldnt encourage sensible eating in pregnancy. Do you just follow it from home then?

Yeah while I was pregnant I followed it at home as I've got the books. At the moment I'm just calorie counting but will go back to sw at some point x

Hello girls, I am currently waiting for my doctor to ring me back and advise me what the best course of action is after falling down the stairs this morning! I am such an idiot and if anything has happened I will never forgive myself! :(
Mrs JH I really, really hope you are in the midst of giving birth right now xx

Ellebear said:
anyone had or thinking of having a water birth??? im not sure what to do............!

Yeah I am really hoping for one! I love the water & live in the pool on hols- just think it'd b a lot more relaxing being weight free too cos I know how uncomfortable it is lying in bed etc at minute already! It's supposed to be calmer for baby too which I only c as a plus!

Ive a consultant appt tomoro regarding baby size so hopefully that doesn't dash my hopes! We can't have a water birth in MLU here if u r consultant led and therefore only option if even allowed would b a bath!

Katerpillar said:
Hello girls, I am currently waiting for my doctor to ring me back and advise me what the best course of action is after falling down the stairs this morning! I am such an idiot and if anything has happened I will never forgive myself! :(
Mrs JH I really, really hope you are in the midst of giving birth right now xx

Oh no! R u sore? Did u land on ur bump? Just try focusing on fact that baby is well wrapped up and padded in there to protect it and hopefully all will be ok! They r made of tougher stuff that we think! - expect they'll maybe tell u to rest and may scan u but not sure unless u have pains r anything! Hope all goes well and u find out soon x

Thank you for the reassurance - I think you are both probably right but I'm still panicking, even after talking to the Doctor.

I fell down about 6/7 stairs at home this morning - fell on my bum and my back. I am fine just got a carpet burn on my arm and think I've pulled or strained something in my groin as I keep getting a sharp pain in my right groin. Doctor rang back and she said it sounds like muscle pain in my groin and that because I fell on my bum on to carpet that is a good thing (as far as good falls go!) She said there is a lot of fluid protecting the baby that will act as a shock absorber but that if I had any bleeding or cramping between now and my next appt with the consultant (next Monday) to give her a call back.

Not sure how I feel about not getting checked out! Been trying to get hold of OH to see what he thinks but he's in meetings all afternoon so will speak to him later and see what he thinks. I am probably being ridiculous but I can't stop thinking about it! Must try to be more careful!!!

I think as you fell on your bum you will just have jolted yourself, and as the doc says unless there is bleeding/pain then its just given baby a little jig around.

The best thing for both you and bump is to try and relax, getting yourself stressed is no good for either of you. Easier said than done i am sure, and being bruised is never good.

Take care poppet and sending you a hug x

Back