Pregnancy and Slimming World

Was wondering earlier at what point everyone moved into maternity clothes?

I'm still in first trimster but jeans and work trousers are now a no-go. Dresses and leggings still seem to be ok for now. Can't work out how much is baby and how much is belly! I've got some mat jeans already but am refusing to wear them till my scan, so I'm in leggings for the next three weeks now!!

Mrs CC said:
Was wondering earlier at what point everyone moved into maternity clothes?

I'm still in first trimster but jeans and work trousers are now a no-go. Dresses and leggings still seem to be ok for now. Can't work out how much is baby and how much is belly! I've got some mat jeans already but am refusing to wear them till my scan, so I'm in leggings for the next three weeks now!!

I was bout 12 weeks! My jeans were but longer as I just went up a size but work clothes I just bought plain black stretchy ones from m&s for £19.50 & wore them right through - they were great and went right up over bump & kept their shape! Highly recommend! I bought 2/3 other pairs of mat trousers which just fell down all the time and 2 pair over the bump jeans which never stayed up either! I then got a pair from new look with a thick band which were fab til bout 34 weeks and a pair from next that opener landed at sides which I still wear but live mainly in track suit bottoms lol

For tops I just bought some from debenhams- slightly longer to cover bump by going up a size :0)

Vm019 said:
I was bout 12 weeks! My jeans were but longer as I just went up a size but work clothes I just bought plain black stretchy ones from m&s for £19.50 & wore them right through - they were great and went right up over bump & kept their shape! Highly recommend! I bought 2/3 other pairs of mat trousers which just fell down all the time and 2 pair over the bump jeans which never stayed up either! I then got a pair from new look with a thick band which were fab til bout 34 weeks and a pair from next that opener landed at sides which I still wear but live mainly in track suit bottoms lol

For tops I just bought some from debenhams- slightly longer to cover bump by going up a size :0)

Glad its not just me planning on being in them at 12 weeks then!

I'd planned on going up a size with work pants so I can get some cheap ones from asda etc. The jeans I've got are all second hand - worked out fortunately! But two pairs are new look ones with the thick band. My tops seem to be ok just now but I was planning on just going the size up on some cheap bits from primark or living in long tops and leggings!

Am dreading getting massive and spending a fortune on stuff!

Just while I'm on this, any ideas where I could get a nice dress for a wedding in Nov that wont cost a fortune? I'd be about five months by then!

Mrs CC said:
Just while I'm on this, any ideas where I could get a nice dress for a wedding in Nov that wont cost a fortune? I'd be about five months by then!

I bought a maxi from phase eight for a wedding this thurs but their dresses r stretchy & would do again when not pregnant- dress cost me £53 but will do another wedding next yr too! (if I even make this one lol) I've attached a pic!

I found I hated anything I bought that was maternity except the two pair of jeans from new look and next! Just went up a size! Got a fab bra in debenhams for £16 which has done me right through til now & I got a proper nursing bra for next few mths! Just means it gets washed at night and dried overnight!

Asda do some fab dresses too online - really reasonable prices too! R friends like Asos but since I'm size 16/18 I didn't think they had a lot for me!

Attachments

• image-3017691931.jpg
    image-3017691931.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 78
Vm019 said:
Not much to report here! Thought I was on my way on Sunday night but false alarm! Consultant appt today- cervix thinned out 1.5cm thick still , anterior, 2cm dilated... So they did a membrane sweep... Bp up so sent for 30min monitoring & all was well so sent on my way again! Another sweep booked for thurs morning, and induction date for next thurs but she doesn't think I'll get close to that!

Looking at my notes I got measured from 20weeks but guess everywhere differs!

How frustrating...at least you know you know bubba wont be long now..!!!

Thanks for having a look in your notes for me xx

mummyClark said:
Nope we're done, I know I'm gonna get broody and want another but we just can't afford it. And if we don't make it permanent I can see myself thinking of starting again in 10 or 20 years and I really don't wanna be looking after kids all my life x

I asked doc abt yest ad part of my 6 week check. He said as its permanent they suggest waiting 6-9 months as infant mortality is still quite high. Although its reversible it isn't on nhs. I was shocked at that response, if anything happens to Daniel having another will be last thing on my mind. So back on mini pill for now.

Vm019 said:
I bought a maxi from phase eight for a wedding this thurs but their dresses r stretchy & would do again when not pregnant- dress cost me £53 but will do another wedding next yr too! (if I even make this one lol) I've attached a pic!

I found I hated anything I bought that was maternity except the two pair of jeans from new look and next! Just went up a size! Got a fab bra in debenhams for £16 which has done me right through til now & I got a proper nursing bra for next few mths! Just means it gets washed at night and dried overnight!

Asda do some fab dresses too online - really reasonable prices too! R friends like Asos but since I'm size 16/18 I didn't think they had a lot for me!

Thats a lovely dress! Will need to have a look in there!

I do agree with you a bit about maternity clothes, there doesnt seem to be a massive amount of choice of things I like. And as a short ar$e it seems even harder than usual to get a good fit!

Normally I wouldnt think twice about spending money on clothes but I'd get at least a year or two out them! I figure with the size up thing at least if I still have weight to lose after the baby I will still have something to wear without it being maternity. So its more economical! Or at least thats what I can tell the OH!

geordie_lass21 said:
I asked doc abt yest ad part of my 6 week check. He said as its permanent they suggest waiting 6-9 months as infant mortality is still quite high. Although its reversible it isn't on nhs. I was shocked at that response, if anything happens to Daniel having another will be last thing on my mind. So back on mini pill for now.

Goodness, what a response! I think some health care professionals are so used to seeing things like this they can become very matter of fact about them and forget most people arent quite so accustomed to it!

Mrs CC said:
Goodness, what a response! I think some health care professionals are so used to seeing things like this they can become very matter of fact about them and forget most people arent quite so accustomed to it!

I know my sister in law was told the same! She wanted tied & said to do it right away but they told her she had to wait a year until all hormones were normal again- this was her third & was 100% sure!

Her husband had had the snip previously in his first marriage after 2 children- he then married my sis in law and had a reversal costing I think £3/4k and went on to successfully father another two with her!

He could t contemplate it again so she's going for it and still waiting on a referral after 17mths!

Seems very cold hearted to put it like that about infant death - I think I'd have been horrified!

I used cerazette and found it amazing though as I had no periods at all and u just take one every day! I'll be hoping for it again!

What a horrible thing for a doctor to say. We waited till after she was born because of the high risk on pregnancy, but I don't believe infant mortality is that high although I know it happens. Hubby and I talked it over carefully and don't want to risk having another.
Seems strange how long it took for their referral, I would follow it up. Keira was a week old when oh went to the doctors, they discussed it and she tried to talk him out of it but only because he is under 30 and people circumstances change. His referral letter came through a week later and is booked in next month.

I'd hate my hubby to have a vasectomy after we'd had our children, there's nothing wrong with it though and I understand easily why people do it, it just isn't something we need to think about but the thought scares me. I do think it's upto the individual though I don't think it's fair to make people wait that long but it's maybe different NHS's a lot can happen in the few months you have to wait :-/

Room for a little one?
Stuck to Slimming World rigidly in the run up to my recent wedding, but fell off band wagon while enjoying honeymoon. Am now back & 8 weeks pregnant. I'd like to stick to SW to help fight against too much weight gain.
Morning sickness in my case is an all day affair but my lifesaver is ice cold milk & those travel sickness wristbands!
Am trying to eat healthily but some days toast is all that i can eat.

Any advice / help??

Wanda said:
Room for a little one?
Stuck to Slimming World rigidly in the run up to my recent wedding, but fell off band wagon while enjoying honeymoon. Am now back & 8 weeks pregnant. I'd like to stick to SW to help fight against too much weight gain.
Morning sickness in my case is an all day affair but my lifesaver is ice cold milk & those travel sickness wristbands!
Am trying to eat healthily but some days toast is all that i can eat.

Any advice / help??

Congratulations!!! (on baby and wedding!!)

I would say at this point, try not to worry about
sticking to slimming world exactly. Sometimes you just need stodge.... Remember you get 2 lots of heb so you can have 2 lots of toast. I found sw chips and jacket potatoes helped too and got me to stay on plan (ish) I completely went of fruit and veg for the first trimester, it really made me feel sick. Stick to what makes you feel good (within reason!!) xx

Aw thanks B's lovely lady!
Oh believe me I've not been sticking to it rigidly but want to stay on track. Thanks for the tip on the 2 healthy extras, I'll certainly not turn my nose up at that :) not been at group for 3 wks so decided to get back on here for now.
I'm not loving fruit or veg at mo at all only sw chips

Wanda said:
Aw thanks B's lovely lady!
Oh believe me I've not been sticking to it rigidly but want to stay on track. Thanks for the tip on the 2 healthy extras, I'll certainly not turn my nose up at that :) not been at group for 3 wks so decided to get back on here for now.
I'm not loving fruit or veg at mo at all only sw chips

Yeah you get 2 heb's and 2 hea's, they suggest you do easy extra and have all your 15 syns!!! Xx

Back