Pregnancy and Slimming World

natzta said:
Yes to two of each HE. And go for EE as will give much more varied. Hope ur taking your folic acid. I'm having readybrek (HEB) that's got it in too.

Congrats btw! I'm knackered and hot too. Im 6+4 i think. Was feeling nauseous but that seems to have passed. Was eating (HEB) ryvitas to help that feeling as could easily have had my syns for the day in cream crackers alone. Not good. ;)
Good luck with your weight control! :)

Thanks! Think I'll be stocking up on ryvitas! ;)

Yep I've got my folic acid in my pregnancy vitamins but good to know about the ready brek - cheers!

I will be sticking to extra easy. Being able to have meat and potatoes and 2 healthy extras x2? Yes please ;) x

natzta said:
Thanks. Yes very early to find out. So I feel like I've been waiting forever to see someone about this pregnancy lark. Saw mw at about 6 wks with DD. not going to see one til 10-11 wks with this one. So bizarre. Hey ho. Fingers crossed for a stickey one! ;P

I found out after about 2/3 weeks I reckon! I saw the community midwife quite early after a mix up over my dates but only had my booking in appointment last monday and dont have my scan for another two weeks! All the waiting is driving me mad!

poppycat said:
hello everyone, would love to join you. im almost 4 weeks so very early days but need to control my weight gain.

im feeling not too bad apart from tiredness and being roasting hot.

am I correct in thinking you just need to have an extra hex a and an extra hex b? (for extra easy, not sure about red and green?)

thanks x

Congratulations!!!! :)

How do you all cope with the tiredness? Yesterday on my day off I spent the day in bed and today I was so tired after work I've had to skip the gym and crash out on the sofa. Got tea cooking and after its done I'm off to bed I reckon! Nothing is getting done round the house and I'm lucky if I get to the gym twice a week these days!!

That was exactly how I felt until literally about a week ago. we have so much to do in our house before the little one arrives and I was panicking thinking we weren't going to get anything done because all I wanted to do was sleep! But it really does pass - honest! Well, it has for me. In the last week I have stripped our dining room, cleared out the spare room for the nursery and sorted through our wardrobes - never could have done that a couple of weeks ago. The best thing to do at the point is listen to your body - sleep when you need to and try not to worry (easier said than done I know) about housework etc - do what you need to! I have started a proper spring clean this week too now that we have made progress in the decorating! We are also having a full new roof put on so it is all go in my house ha ha! I know how annoying it is when you are so drained and you've got stuff to do but it does pass! Hope it does for you soon and in the meantime - get your feet up :) xx

Just had a huge omelette with tomatoes and onion, now having ready brek then for lunch it's gammon, pots and veg. I'm making the most of being able to eat lol x

Vm019 said:
Well it's done! Wasn't as pleasant as the first :0/ but midwife says she'll put her house on it that it'll put me in labour as very successful - I couldn't face another so it better!

Any news?? Xx

Thanks! This is baby number 3 so I know what's ahead - not sure if that's a good thing or not haha x

whoops, didn't realise it was number 3... just realise i sounded really patronising to a seasoned professional.. haha! Sorry!

oasis6918 said:
Any news?? Xx

None at all.... :0( not a single contraction yesterday- everything seems to have come to a halt!

I've tried everything! Can't believe that sweep was a waste of time after being so bad! Bouncing on the ball at the minute, been up & down stairs sideways too this morning a few times, Grr!

Vm019 said:
I've tried everything! Can't believe that sweep was a waste of time after being so bad! Bouncing on the ball at the minute, been up & down stairs sideways too this morning a few times, Grr!

Oh no that's rubbish! You're gonner have to tell that baby to get a move on!

Katerpillar said:
That was exactly how I felt until literally about a week ago. we have so much to do in our house before the little one arrives and I was panicking thinking we weren't going to get anything done because all I wanted to do was sleep! But it really does pass - honest! Well, it has for me. In the last week I have stripped our dining room, cleared out the spare room for the nursery and sorted through our wardrobes - never could have done that a couple of weeks ago. The best thing to do at the point is listen to your body - sleep when you need to and try not to worry (easier said than done I know) about housework etc - do what you need to! I have started a proper spring clean this week too now that we have made progress in the decorating! We are also having a full new roof put on so it is all go in my house ha ha! I know how annoying it is when you are so drained and you've got stuff to do but it does pass! Hope it does for you soon and in the meantime - get your feet up :) xx

Thanks hun, I'm really hoping it gets better sooner or later. You've given me some confidence it will! I'm the same with buying things, have got absolutely f-all. OH and I wanted to wait till the scan and to get a bit of money put away before we started buying. I can see us going a bit mad in the coming weeks! We're also looking to move house (will either be just before or just after baby arrives) so I dont wanna get too comfy here with everything!

I do think my shifts and stress at work dont help with the tiredness and after having my apprisal with my boss yesterday I've really come to see I'm doing far too much! I've taken this weekend off and now will be making sure I'm doing more to help myself to rest and relax!

Ellebear said:
Any news Vm? Hope you are okay....xxx

How is everyone else doing?

Xx

No news :0( just getting bigger & now I've lost my ankles!

Can't believe I'm over a week overdue now!

Last edited:
well im hoping to join you ladies eventually (well it most likely be a new set of ladies unless you all return again ;) ) but were wanting another baby so bad, but need to wait until atleast end next year as i need surgery on legs first :( i HATE having to put my life on hold all the times because of problems from an accident over 5 years ago now...

I hope your all having a happy & healthy pregnancy. & the heat isnt too bad for you all!!! xx

Hopefully u will get ur op soon & won't have too long to wait for another little bundle after that :D something to look forward to after the surgery :)

Just wondering if I can ask ur opinions!

Decided on a boys name but we r struggling for a girl- we decided on a name we like but are scared others will hate it as its quite American & unusual over hear... What do u think? (don't want to mention to family or friends until we have decided...)

Kelsey / kelsie Blair or if this is hated we also like Reagan Blair but that's really American too :0/

Be honest please :0)

Back