Pregnancy and Slimming World

Hi ladies,
I joined this thread when I was very early in pregnancy. I then fell completely off the wagon.
I'm 24 weeks pregnant on Monday. I weighed for the first time in a few months and I'm not far off putting on two stone :( I'm attempting to sort myself out and get back on track to limit how much more weight I put on. Thought I'd check back in on here for some motivation to keep me going.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Also if anything has changed recently could you please inform me. I last went to class in march.

Thanks x

Geobar said:
Hi ladies,
I joined this thread when I was very early in pregnancy. I then fell completely off the wagon.
I'm 24 weeks pregnant on Monday. I weighed for the first time in a few months and I'm not far off putting on two stone :( I'm attempting to sort myself out and get back on track to limit how much more weight I put on. Thought I'd check back in on here for some motivation to keep me going.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Also if anything has changed recently could you please inform me. I last went to class in march.

Thanks x

Well done for coming back on here!! You've got plenty of time to do some damage limitation before baby arrives!! :) Don't be too hard on yourself either, it's tough being pregnant!! (that's what I tell myself ;) )

I don't go to class so I don't know if anything has changed, what I think is your advised to do EE, have all 15 syns and 4 healthy extras (2 A 2B) xx

Cool that's the same as I thought it was.
This is my second pregnancy and I think I put between 4-5 st on the last time. (I stopped weighing ;) ) I did loose it all pretty quickly thanks to sw.
I was pretty good to begin with this time around but my husband completely fell off the wagon and dragged me along with him. But I'm putting my foot down and sorting us both out!
Here's to damage limitation x

Deffo well done for coming back, it's hard to have willpower when pregnant!! I'm deffo having a bad week, had 3 course lunch & 3 course dinner Thursday as it was our anniversary (greedy cow) then had a hen do tonight (sober) Bella Italian forgot out table so we had to eat an hour later & everyone got a free drink but as I wasn't drinking I got a free cheesy garlic bread & yes it was the size of a pizza!!! My starter was cheesy mushrooms & had lasagne for my main, that must have been about 100 syns or summat stupid!!! Expecting a huge "baby gain" this week, eeeeeeek!!! Right, need sleep, my 1 year old never sleeps past 7!!!!xx

Ellebear said:
Well today makes me 41 weeks....VM how far did you go over? And anyone else with first babies?? Xxx

Sorry to say Hun but I went 9days over! had a sweep at 41weeks on the Saturday where i was 1-2cms dilated.Sunday we had sex and a walk round asda! Monday morning 5:30am contractions started :) my baby boy is 6weeks old tomorrow!! hope it starts for you soon hun as I know how horrible it is being over due! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks for the replies.
I'm feeling a bit better as I checked how much on average I should have put on against how much I have and I'm 5lb over at the moment. So I'm a bit more positive about my weight gain than I was. 5lb should be easy to pull back.
Fingers crossed x

Geobar said:
Thanks for the replies.
I'm feeling a bit better as I checked how much on average I should have put on against how much I have and I'm 5lb over at the moment. So I'm a bit more positive about my weight gain than I was. 5lb should be easy to pull back.
Fingers crossed x

5lbs is nothing!!! It will all even out xxx

Ellebear I was 11 days over And due to b induced that day but reached 4cm at 2.30am after contractions started at 4pm the day b4 and although I was only 3cm when I first went to Hosp at 8pm and not enough to admit me they did a third sweep then and it must have worked - then admitted at 2.30am, delivered at 12.53 pm!

Vm019 said:
Ellebear I was 11 days over And due to b induced that day but reached 4cm at 2.30am after contractions started at 4pm the day b4 and although I was only 3cm when I first went to Hosp at 8pm and not enough to admit me they did a third sweep then and it must have worked - then admitted at 2.30am, delivered at 12.53 pm!

Thanks VM - I've got a midwife sweep tomorrow morning so fingers crossed that moves my baby along a little haha xxx

Thanks for the replies.
Fingers crossed x

You can definitely pull back 5 lbs no problem if you get back on plan, try not to be too hard on yourself though!! :)

Sweep was uncomfortable....but midwife seemed positive that baby was getting ready.....! She said my cx was softening.....and this was a good thing. Think that induction will happen by end of this week if I have not naturally gone into labour. Second sweep planned for weds lunchtime. Gah!!! Wish baby bear would hurry up haha!!!

Sweep was uncomfortable....but midwife seemed positive that baby was getting ready.....! She said my cx was softening.....and this was a good thing. Think that induction will happen by end of this week if I have not naturally gone into labour. Second sweep planned for weds lunchtime. Gah!!! Wish baby bear would hurry up haha!!!

Sorry it was uncomfortable, I've never had one myself but softening cervix is good so if this one doesn't kick start things Wednesdays might!!xx

Ellebear said:

Yay, baby's getting ready!!! :)

Hey girls :) had my dating scam yesterday & found out I'm a bit further on than I thought :) I'm 14+4 an bab's looks fine. According to them my bmi is 25 tho, so I'm overweight :( gutted!

Back