Pregnancy and Slimming World

Hello!

Just thought I'd say hi as I've been reading up on your posts on this thread. I'm due 18th November and have got back on plan to try to minimise my weight gain over the last 10 (or 12 if overdue!!) weeks. The midwife at the hospital had a bit of a go at me a few weeks ago about getting too fat, so I thought I should! I've started a food diary too to help me keep on track.

Good luck to everyone else too and I look forward to chatting
!

I just had the magic pancakes for the first time. Quite nice and very filling. I couldn't finish them.
I feel better already about getting back on track.
Good luck to anyone expecting imminently x

parfittaroles said:
Hey girls :) had my dating scam yesterday & found out I'm a bit further on than I thought :) I'm 14+4 an bab's looks fine. According to them my bmi is 25 tho, so I'm overweight :( gutted!

A little less time to wait then! Hun I wouldn't worry about your bmi, I'll always be 'overweight' because my ideal weight is 9st 6 which I can tell u is impossible for me. I was a size 10 at 10st 10 and still classed as overweight which is a joke. I'm not very happy with the bmi representation of people x

Hey girls :) had my dating scam yesterday & found out I'm a bit further on than I thought :) I'm 14+4 an bab's looks fine. According to them my bmi is 25 tho, so I'm overweight :( gutted!

Yey for being further along that means you'll have baby in your arms sooner!!!! :) BMI of 25 is only just in the over weight category, baby & waters & extra blood etc has probably pushed you over into it so don't worry!! I'm only just in the over-weight section but right at the other end!! :-( xxxx

Hello!

Just thought I'd say hi as I've been reading up on your posts on this thread. I'm due 18th November and have got back on plan to try to minimise my weight gain over the last 10 (or 12 if overdue!!) weeks. The midwife at the hospital had a bit of a go at me a few weeks ago about getting too fat, so I thought I should! I've started a food diary too to help me keep on track.

Good luck to everyone else too and I look forward to chatting
!

Sorry the midwife had a go, it's hard to stick to an eating plan when preggers (well and well not preggers for a lot of us) but well done for getting focused!!! I've just started a food diary too to try & keep me to it!! Good luck, November will come round in no time!!!xx

Ellebear poor you, come on baby, your mummy can't wait to meet you!!!!

I haven't had magic pancakes in ages, I do sweet omelettes quite often & save my healthy extra for later!!!

How do you add the link to your food diary to your signature please, I'm still getting used to minimins?!!

Babies kicking loads today, love it!!! It's my first day back to work & we've been busy so the kicks keep me smiling!! I'm having SW chicken Kiev for dinner, haven't made them in ages, nom!!! :)

Ellebear it looks like u r ginba be waiting as long as me... It's so frustrating! I had 3 sweeps in total- first wasn't too bad but uncomfortable... Second was horrific- I nearly passed out after it and cried so much after it- couldn't stop shaking either- and the third I hardly felt but I was having contractions every 3 mins by then anyway so it prob was hidden amongst them! I think ur depends who does them!

Again all I can recommend is to try & sleep!!! I had 3 hrs last night & had planned a nap this afternoon when she slept.... But she's been awake from 3!!

Has anyone any advice for colic?

Hiya ladies!

I thought i would introduce myself. I am 30 and pregnant with our first baby (8 weeks 3 days). I've never done Slimming World before and don't know anything about it, except that it is the only diet that seems to be recommended to maintain your weight/reduce your weight gain during pregnancy. I haven't started groups yet because the nurse that gave me my SW vouchers said i needed to clear it with my midwife and my booking appointment isn't until next week, so i plan to start next Thursday.

Anyway, i look forward to getting to know you and might have some silly 'newbie' questions at some point!

xxx

Vm019 said:
Ellebear it looks like u r ginba be waiting as long as me... It's so frustrating! I had 3 sweeps in total- first wasn't too bad but uncomfortable... Second was horrific- I nearly passed out after it and cried so much after it- couldn't stop shaking either- and the third I hardly felt but I was having contractions every 3 mins by then anyway so it prob was hidden amongst them! I think ur depends who does them!

Again all I can recommend is to try & sleep!!! I had 3 hrs last night & had planned a nap this afternoon when she slept.... But she's been awake from 3!!

Has anyone any advice for colic?

The advice we were given with Imogen is infacol thoroughly wind bub and put them in a swing the motion soothes baby. X

margarino said:
Hiya ladies!

I thought i would introduce myself. I am 30 and pregnant with our first baby (8 weeks 3 days). I've never done Slimming World before and don't know anything about it, except that it is the only diet that seems to be recommended to maintain your weight/reduce your weight gain during pregnancy. I haven't started groups yet because the nurse that gave me my SW vouchers said i needed to clear it with my midwife and my booking appointment isn't until next week, so i plan to start next Thursday.

Anyway, i look forward to getting to know you and might have some silly 'newbie' questions at some point!

xxx

Congratulations Margarino!! Xxx

Vm019 I used gripe water for colic with my little one.

Congrats Margorino, very exciting news, once you join group your consultant will give you a booklet with all the info about doing slimming world whilst pregnant and a form for your midwife to sign.

My little one woke up about half an hour before the alarm really crying so I bought him into bed for cuddles and he fell straight back asleep in my arms, very cute but could have done with more sleep, takes me ages to drop off, I just can't get comfy, ah well only 18 more weeks to go!!xxx

Hey gang - 10 days over today...yawn!!! Got my midwife second sweep at lunchtime....then I'm guessing they will discuss inducing :/

Really want to be natural birth but this baby bear is being stubborn!!! :(

Ellebear said:
Hey gang - 10 days over today...yawn!!! Got my midwife second sweep at lunchtime....then I'm guessing they will discuss inducing :/

Good luck, hope they make an appearance soon !

You seem to have made too comfy a home for baby bear, you should walk up some hill with no phone signal miles from anywhere, bound to go into labour!!!

I hope this sweep works for you, are you trying all the oldwives tales too?

I'm hoping for a natural birth like my first but my placenta was growing close to my cervix so have to have an internal scan *shudders* at 35 weeks to make sure it hasn't blocked the exit!! Eeeeeeeek!! The sonographer was lovely and said it wasn't that close so I should be fine but if it has grown over the cervix I'll have to have a c-section which I really don't want!!!! She did say it was unlikely but hard not to worry, whatever will be will be though I suppose!!xx

Sorry the midwife had a go, it's hard to stick to an eating plan when preggers (well and well not preggers for a lot of us) but well done for getting focused!!! I've just started a food diary too to try & keep me to it!! Good luck, November will come round in no time!!!xx

Thanks Skonions :)

Yeah it was a midwife I'd never seen before too, she had no idea of my history or anything! I spoke to my regular midwife about it and she said not to worry too much, just to be sensible.

Anyway, I hope all the babies due now come soon, I was induced with my daughter and wouldn't want to do it again, although obviously it can't be helped!

xxx

Just got back from tonights weigh in & I put last weeks 4 1/2 lb loss straight back on!!! After 3 extremely naughty meals out, a big dinner before weigh in & baby in my belly I'm not too surprised!! I'm still 3 1/2 lbs less than when I found out I was preggers and at 22 weeks I'm happy with that, hoping for a loss next week as I have gone loss then gain every other week for the last couple of months, feeling really focused so hears to a good week!!! xx

Skonions said:
Just got back from tonights weigh in & I put last weeks 4 1/2 lb loss straight back on!!! After 3 extremely naughty meals out, a big dinner before weigh in & baby in my belly I'm not too surprised!! I'm still 3 1/2 lbs less than when I found out I was preggers and at 22 weeks I'm happy with that, hoping for a loss next week as I have gone loss then gain every other week for the last couple of months, feeling really focused so hears to a good week!!! xx

Chin up - Your still doing brilliantly! Well done :)

Back