Pregnancy and Slimming World

Katerpillar said:
Ha ha true - I can't seem to get enough of it at the minute! :D The queasy stage is awful - I never had any real morning sickness but some days I felt queasy all day long. Toast was my saviour then! Hope it passes for you soon!

Thanks I've tried toast but nothing seems to help. I'm literally forcing myself to eat at the moment. Sipping loads of water and eating cold red grapes to keep me going at the minute x

FionaMcd said:
Thanks I've tried toast but nothing seems to help. I'm literally forcing myself to eat at the moment. Sipping loads of water and eating cold red grapes to keep me going at the minute x

Oh get urself some ginger nut biscuits! I sat with a packet in front of me a girl in work bought for me- thought I was gonna be sick at the sight of them- she told me to get one in me- and I forced myself- in bout 1hr I'd a quarter of the packet gone!

Vm019 said:
Oh get urself some ginger nut biscuits! I sat with a packet in front of me a girl in work bought for me- thought I was gonna be sick at the sight of them- she told me to get one in me- and I forced myself- in bout 1hr I'd a quarter of the packet gone!

I'll definitely try them. Just I'm in a very bad way a the min I stopped smoking followed by the most violent flu which is getting worse by the day and this real awful nausea. I wish I could just lay in bed but I have my toddler imi and the quit has made me an insomniac I honestly could just break down :( x

Hi Ladies,
I'm 20 weeks today and weighed myself this morning and have put on a stone exactly! eeeeek! Seems like a lot. I haven't been making the best choices to be fair so going to try to have a better week this week. I am addicted to ice cream at the minute though :eek: Have totally gone off meat too so green days ahoy for me! Hope everyone is ok……

I dont think that's that bad because the slimmer you are the more you're allowed to put on but you can easily slow it down by starting to look at your choices, easier said than done, icecream sounds goooooooooood!!xx

I had the opposite kind of nausea, had to constantly eat to stop myself feeling sick, had a lot of toast!!! I found eating little and often helped, went off loads of food, couldn't face meat which is very unlike me but it soon passed, I hope yours does too, much harder to cope with when you've got a toddler to run around after though!!xx

Skonions said:
I had the opposite kind of nausea, had to constantly eat to stop myself feeling sick, had a lot of toast!!! I found eating little and often helped, went off loads of food, couldn't face meat which is very unlike me but it soon passed, I hope yours does too, much harder to cope with when you've got a toddler to run around after though!!xx

It's so hard and you can't tell toddler let's rest lol I've tried napping and she just pokes me on the nose lol. X

I'm 23 weeks pregnant today, yey!!

Bought my first newborn size 1 nappies yesterday, I wanna start stocking up now, can't remember how many I went through with my first!! I think I'll get not too many size 1 & 2 then a few more size 3 & an absolute tonne of wipes!!! We know we're gonna need a lot as my Freddie's not ready for toilet training yet, gonna get 4 packs of boots own wipes every time I go into town (which is a lot) I like those ones, 2 for £1.85 & u get extra boots points, win!!!xx

Hi everyone.....sorry for the delay I've been enjoying mummy time too much!

Well I did it - finally! After being induced on Friday evening due to being 12 days over i went to hospital and was given a pessary to get me going about 8pm. Has mild cramping after that soon ramped up to what i can only describe as hardcore pain! My waters broke around 1:30am and I was whisked off to delivery as there was
visible meconium in my waters.....so baby needed to come out!!!! In delivery from 2:30 and gave birth just over 3 hours later on gas and air. I was going to have an epidural and had the needle in my spine but they didn't have any time to provide me with drugs as the little lady was in such a rush. I have to say the strangest feeling is when your contractions make you want to push - its like a switch of pain to push!!! Perhaps that's just me but it's such a fast change during labour!!!

Our little girl is called Isabel Grace and she weighs 7lb 2oz and is doing well, she weighed under the percentile so was being monitored a little more in hospital and we had to stay in two nights as breast feeding was not happening! Thankfully all sorted now and she is a greedy girl!!

Anyway - here is the little one!!

Attachments

• image-1349614468.jpg
    image-1349614468.jpg
    375.2 KB · Views: 116
  • image-620492737.jpg
    image-620492737.jpg
    405.2 KB · Views: 102
  • image-3614852421.jpg
    image-3614852421.jpg
    496.2 KB · Views: 123
Ellebear said:

Well I did it - finally! After being induced on Friday evening due to being 12 days over i went to hospital and was given a pessary to get me going about 8pm. Has mild cramping after that soon ramped up to what i can only describe as hardcore pain! My waters broke around 1:30am and I was whisked off to delivery as there was
visible meconium in my waters.....so baby needed to come out!!!! In delivery from 2:30 and gave birth just over 3 hours later on gas and air. I was going to have an epidural and had the needle in my spine but they didn't have any time to provide me with drugs as the little lady was in such a rush. I have to say the strangest feeling is when your contractions make you want to push - its like a switch of pain to push!!! Perhaps that's just me but it's such a fast change during labour!!!

Our little girl is called Isabel Grace and she weighs 7lb 2oz and is doing well, she weighed under the percentile so was being monitored a little more in hospital and we had to stay in two nights as breast feeding was not happening! Thankfully all sorted now and she is a greedy girl!!

She's absolutely gorgeous!!! Congratulations!!! Wow, well done for doing it on just gas and air, I hear it can be really painful when you've been induced, that's great!!!

I'm glad your both well and at home now xxx

Congratulations, she really is beautiful and I love the hungry caterpillar bib!!! I'm glad after all that waiting the induction didn't take long to start! Well done for just coping with gas & air and for getting the breastfeeding sorted, its hard work at the start!!!!xxxxx

Oh congratulations she's gorgeous! Looks very content! Good luck with the breastfeeding :D how r u feeling now? Getting used to the sleepless nights?

Back