Pregnancy and Slimming World

I bet that was uncomfortable!
I've already bought a Tiffany Rose dress so my outfit is sorted. Fingers crossed I don't look like a beached whale in it lol

Tiffany Rose dresses are gorgeous, I'm sure you'll look beautiful!! I've got a fab navy Asos maternity dress from ebay for £16 including p&p, was really pleased!! I love it and really wanna wear it more than once, need to get the hubster to take me to some more fancy places!! I would wear it to my crimbo party when I'll also be huge but its all work people going to the wedding next week!! My shoes arrived after lunch and are perfect so yey!!xx

I had a big fat fruit scone with jam & cream earlier & it was bloody goegeous, Freddie had been a little monster all morning so felt I deserved a treat, I dont think one naughty thing a week hurts, especially as last time I had at least 1 naughty thing a day when I was pregnant!! Ended up at 20 syns for the day, not too bad for a naughty day and I've gotta say that scone was bloody delicious!!!!xx

Skonions said:
Tiffany Rose dresses are gorgeous, I'm sure you'll look beautiful!! I've got a fab navy Asos maternity dress from ebay for £16 including p&p, was really pleased!! I love it and really wanna wear it more than once, need to get the hubster to take me to some more fancy places!! I would wear it to my crimbo party when I'll also be huge but its all work people going to the wedding next week!! My shoes arrived after lunch and are perfect so yey!!xx

I know exactly what you mean!
I'd love to wear the dress a few times but Facebook is evil! Stupid photos showing everyone what you've already worn lol.
Glad you like your shoes x

I went to my friends and was sooooooooooooooooooo naughty foodwise but if any of you ladies are missing chocolate mousse I would recommend Nigellas, made using marshmellows, no raw eggs so we can enjoy it but very un-slimming world, tasty though!!

I can also recommend a slimming world friendly pud I had tonight, coconut options (2 syns) quark and coconut muller light mixed together, makes a really nice chocolatey coconut moussey type pud, felt really luxurious, would have prob been nicer if I put it in the fridge for a while but I couldn't be bothered to wait!! :)

Hubs felt the baby kick for the first time today, he moves much more than Freddie ever did!

Had to wear my bump support band earlier, if I'm walking far a get really uncomfortable achey pains (like a stitch) prob because its my second, don't really remember getting them the first time round!xxx

I like quark with some vanilla muller and white choc options.
I think this little one moves a lot more than my first too.
I feel like I've eaten loads of rubbish today but I haven't. I went to harvester and had gammon and new pots (no butter) and I shared an ice cream with my little one. So within today's syns.

Have any new mums returned to class's yet? I am wondering when to go back lol xxx and hoped you could let me know when you went back...

Also as I am breastfeeding what changes on the plan? X

I started dieting a week after at home not at classes though, I believe some times they prefer you to wait til your 6 week check but I think it depends on the consultant, I know you get more healthy extras when you breastfeed. good luck xx

Ellebear said:
Have any new mums returned to class's yet? I am wondering when to go back lol xxx and hoped you could let me know when you went back...

Also as I am breastfeeding what changes on the plan? X

I think for the first 4 months you get 6 healthy extras xx

Pre pregnancy weight 12st 12 current weight 13st 0

Hello everyone, I haven't been on here for a little while mainly because I haven't been eating healthy at all of late, was feeling very depressed about it and the last place on earth I wanted to be was a diet forum feeling the way I was.

Congrats to everyone who has found out they're expecting and congrats Ellebear on your lovely daughter!

At the moment I am feeling massive, I've weighed myself today and the scales say 11st 10!! Eeek!! My meals are have been more sw friendly lately and I'm getting a bit more energy so have been doing more home cooking, but I'm still finding it hard to resist sweets etc. It's so hard to motivate myself when all I can think is I will still look enormous regardless of what I eat for the next six months and everyone around me is telling me weight gain is normal in pregnancy!!

I am feeling like I need to do something soon though cos it is not very good for baby to be eating so much rubbish and I am convinced it isn't helping with feeling tired and am worried how it is effecting my pregnancy. I am considering joining class as a way of helping with motivation etc.

Just wondering what everyone else did/does about class when preggers? Has it helped keep you motivated or been depressing to see the scales not go down every week?

If I didn't go to class I would eat anything I could fit in my gob as friends and family constantly encourage "eating for two". It helps keep an eye on what your eating and also gives me great ideas on snacks I can nibble on rather than having a binge on crap. Even if it's to keep track of how much u put on its great to feel in control of something x

I'm the same, if I didn't go to class I don't think I'd have the willpower not to eat crap without it! People look at me really wierd for doing slimming world, like I'm wierd for wanting to eat well whilst I'm pregnant! If I stop slimming world until after I'd had the baby I don't k ow when I'd get the motivation to re-join!! Even though I don't get weight losses every week I've actually been getting them every other week & still under the weight I was when I found out, think I'd have deffo gained on my own!!xx

I'm the same I'm forever telling people I'm allowed to be doing slimming world whilst pregnant. If I'm being honest being pregnant has actually helped me keep on track where normally I would of probably give in by now... I think I no how much weight I could potentially gain and having struggled with weight my whole life I know I would never shift it again. Not only that but I don't want any innecesary complications due to putting six stone on during pregnancy.

Saying all that I'm sat watching tv with a brew and a box of cadburys fingers it's soooo damn hard!!!

kayleigh.rebecca said:
I'm the same I'm forever telling people I'm allowed to be doing slimming world whilst pregnant. If I'm being honest being pregnant has actually helped me keep on track where normally I would of probably give in by now... I think I no how much weight I could potentially gain and having struggled with weight my whole life I know I would never shift it again. Not only that but I don't want any innecesary complications due to putting six stone on during pregnancy.

Saying all that I'm sat watching tv with a brew and a box of cadburys fingers it's soooo damn hard!!!

This is what worries me tbh, i wasn't happy with my weight/size before I got pregnant and the last thing I want is to have even more weight to lose on top of what I had before. But at the same time I almost feel like I should be entitled to eat what I want!! Other people who would normally be disgusted if I ate what I have been lately are like "well you are pregnant, it's allowed"!!

My main concern right now tho is baby and I's health, I don't feel particularly healthy right now, always tired and had really achey hips. I worry excess weight and eating rubbish is aggrevating the situation. It is a gradual process at the moment tho, I'm getting a bit healthier each day.

Ellebear I tried to go to class after 2 weeks but was told 6 but I've therefore kept eating :0(

For the past 2 and half weeks (since quitting smoking) have absolutely stuffed my face with everything I shouldn't do pizza Chinese Indian oh the works but its that or kill someone through the cravings!!!!!

For the past 2 and half weeks (since quitting smoking) have absolutely stuffed my face with everything I shouldn't do pizza Chinese Indian oh the works but its that or kill someone through the cravings!!!!!

Well done for quitting!!! Do whatever you can to tackle the cigarette cravings now, it's more important, you can get back on track food wise when they've settled down a bit xxx

Well done on quitting the smoking it is so easy for people to just assume u have stopped the second u find out ur pregnant! Iv stopped aswell but I honestly have struggled and every now and then when stress gets the better of me iv had a really sneaky smoke. OH doesn't know at all he would be really angry with me.
On hunger...some days I get on ok(ish) and others I'm absolutely starving all day long and nothing seems to satisfy me! Iv really really had a thing about cakes lately which I hope passes lol it could end in tears!! Lol x

Back