Pregnancy and Slimming World

Hey ladies, feeling huge today :( I was being really good eating SW food, but Sunday I went to a friends who promised to make a healthy meal... It wasn't. Ever since I've been so naughty. Went to a buffet today & must have eaten 1000 syns worth. New day tomorrow tho & I will be good!!!

parfittaroles said:
Hey ladies, feeling huge today :( I was being really good eating SW food, but Sunday I went to a friends who promised to make a healthy meal... It wasn't. Ever since I've been so naughty. Went to a buffet today & must have eaten 1000 syns worth. New day tomorrow tho & I will be good!!!

Don't worry, as you say, new day tomorrow :)

I'm feeling exactly the same though, im 31 weeks now and I feel really full but I still can't stop eating!!! I ate a massive bowl of pasta tonight and I've never felt so uncomfortable... But still managed some ice cream about half hour later!!! Really need to sort out my portion sizes!!!

We all have bad days!! Forget it and start again tomorrow!! Buffet sounds good though!! ;-)

I put on 1.5 lbs at group, that's what I lost last week & I'm fine with that as I've been losing and gaining every other week! Still 3.5 lbs under my weight when I found out I was preggers, woo woo!!

If the pattern continues I'd have a loss next week but I've got a Mexican night tomorrow at my friends & a wedding Saturday & the evening food is hotdog & chips, nom nom!!! So I'm hoping for a maintain next week, gotta be 100% on plan Sunday onwards!!xx

Had my first weigh in yesterday after joining last week and I lost 2.5 lbs, considering I wasn't aiming for a loss and wasn't following the plan to the letter I am quite pleased with that! Gonna keep focusing on not gaining and see where it takes me :)

Hello ladies!!! I can't believe I'm only just rejoining you guys now at 25 weeks, especially as I started this thread lol! Oh dear...
So anyway here I am again, with baby number 2! The first 4 - 5 months of this pregnancy were really hard, lots of nausea, though no vomitting and exhaustion beyond anything I could have conjured up in my worst nightmare! I was literally sleeping all day! I also had major food aversions and the only thing I wanted to eat was bread and butter and lots of it. Needless to say my weight, after having reached target, soared! As soon as I started to feel better and more like myself again, I decided to get back on the SW wagon. I joined online just over a month ago and I've been loving it. My energy is back and I feel great! Great to see all the moms to be and new moms here. How exciting! I can't believe I'm having another baby!!!!! And I found out it's going to be a boy, I already have a little girl so this is just perfect especially as I only ever wanted 2 kids. Yay!

I've decided not to weigh myself because I know my weight losses/gains will be totally inaccurate and I don't need the extra anxiety. I'm just going to focus on eating lots of colourful yummy SW food and when I have my baby in January I'll weigh myself and then take it from there with the usual weekly weigh ins. I imagine the first few weeks after giving birth would be pretty exciting as I'd probably drop a stone in a week lol!!! I think I'll remain an online member instead of joining class, as I get all the support I need from minimins and having a newborn and a toddler to cart around wouldn't be a great idea logistically... I've got quite a few SW classes around me though so I might still go when things settle. It's easy enough to transfer online subscriptions to group vouchers... I'll decide later!

Ellebear with breastfeeding you get lots more healthy extras! I still have my pregnancy and breastfeeding books from when I had Rosie so refering back to it, here's what it says;

"You can enjoy these additional Healthy Extras on top of your usual 2A and 2B choices (red/green) and 1A and 1B choices (extra easy). We recommend that one or two of these additional choices are made from the milk and cheese section.

• If baby is 2 months or under - 3 additional healthy extras (3 + 2A and 2B on red/green OR 3 + 1A and 1B on EE)

• If baby is 2 - 3 months - 4 additional healthy extras (4 + 2A and 2B on red/green OR 3 + 1A and 1B on EE)

• If baby is 4 - 6 months and still exclusively breastfeeding with no solid food for baby - 4 additional healthy extras (4 + 2A and 2B on red/green OR 3 + 1A and 1B on EE)

• If baby is 4 - 6 months and solid food has been introduced - 3 additional healthy extras (3 + 2A and 2B on red/green OR 3 + 1A and 1B on EE)

• If baby is 6 months and over, when weaning - 1 additional healthy extra (1 + 2A and 2B on red/green OR 3 + 1A and 1B on EE)"

Rosie was 3 months old when I went back to SW fully last time around and I was still breastfeeding exclusively so I was entitled to 4 additional healthy extras. I only do EE so that meant I got 6 HEs in total so I just had 3 A and 3 B choices. If you're on a red or green and baby is over 2 months old you get EIGHT!!! So 4 A and 4 B choices! Yummy!

Also when I started weaning her when she was 6 months old I didn't go from 1A + 1B + 4 additional HEs straight to 1A + 1B + 1 additional, like SW recommends because she was still breastfeeding as much as ever and those first tastes are literally a tablespoon of solid food at a time. So what I did was for each breast feeding session she dropped, I dropped an HE. When I was exclusively breastfeeding, I fed her 6 times in 24 hours which was perfect as it tallied with the number of HEs I was having. So when she dropped to 5 feeds, I dropped my HEs to 5 and when she dropped to 4 feeds, I dropped to 4 and so on until I had 3 left in total (1A + 1B on EE + 1 extra) as recommended by SW. That's what you carry on with until your baby stops breastfeeding altogether then you go back to the standard number of HEs. It makes more sense to me to base the number of HEs you have on how much you're breastfeeding your baby than how much solid food he/she is eating because a lot of times even when they're eating a good amount of solids, they still breastfeed as much as before!

Note that these HEs are for exclusively breastfeeding mothers. I have no idea how many HEs you get if you're supplementing breastfeeding with formula. If your baby is 100% formula fed then obviously you just carry on with SW as normal with no additions.
Good luck Elle! I bet you're loving every minute of motherhood :bighug:

Had my first weigh in last night and lost 1 lb which am happy with considering I had a really bad week and didn't manage one slimming world day had mc Donald's take away and even a Chinese for lunch yesterday before weigh in. My mum also doing slimming world so we went and stocked up in ingredients and am going stick to it 100% this week and see how I get on. I've put a stone on since pregnant and would soooo love to drop it I've been looking at lovely maternity clothes and can't wait to have a bump (not fat) and show it off. I had a lovely neat bump with my first and I loved being pregnant with my second I just ate and ate and was Hugh didn't enjoy my pregnancy and after my ds was born ended up doing a food replacement diet to shift over 2 stone. I WON'T do that this time.

Has anyone had sickness in the third trimester? I'm 31 weeks and I feel naseaus all the time, just like I did in the first trimester, and I'm so tired too, I've had an afternoon nap everyday but 1 this week.... Is this normal??

Hope everyone else is feeling well x

Hello ladies!!! I can't believe I'm only just rejoining you guys now at 25 weeks, especially as I started this thread lol! Oh dear...
So anyway here I am again, with baby number 2! The first 4 - 5 months of this pregnancy were really hard, lots of nausea, though no vomitting and exhaustion beyond anything I could have conjured up in my worst nightmare! I was literally sleeping all day! I also had major food aversions and the only thing I wanted to eat was bread and butter and lots of it. Needless to say my weight, after having reached target, soared! As soon as I started to feel better and more like myself again, I decided to get back on the SW wagon. I joined online just over a month ago and I've been loving it. My energy is back and I feel great! Great to see all the moms to be and new moms here. How exciting! I can't believe I'm having another baby!!!!! And I found out it's going to be a boy, I already have a little girl so this is just perfect especially as I only ever wanted 2 kids. Yay!

I've decided not to weigh myself because I know my weight losses/gains will be totally inaccurate and I don't need the extra anxiety. I'm just going to focus on eating lots of colourful yummy SW food and when I have my baby in January I'll weigh myself and then take it from there with the usual weekly weigh ins. I imagine the first few weeks after giving birth would be pretty exciting as I'd probably drop a stone in a week lol!!! I think I'll remain an online member instead of joining class, as I get all the support I need from minimins and having a newborn and a toddler to cart around wouldn't be a great idea logistically... I've got quite a few SW classes around me though so I might still go when things settle. It's easy enough to transfer online subscriptions to group vouchers... I'll decide later!

Ellebear with breastfeeding you get lots more healthy extras! I still have my pregnancy and breastfeeding books from when I had Rosie so refering back to it, here's what it says;

"You can enjoy these additional Healthy Extras on top of your usual 2A and 2B choices (red/green) and 1A and 1B choices (extra easy). We recommend that one or two of these additional choices are made from the milk and cheese section.

• If baby is 2 months or under - 3 additional healthy extras (3 + 2A and 2B on red/green OR 3 + 1A and 1B on EE)

• If baby is 2 - 3 months - 4 additional healthy extras (4 + 2A and 2B on red/green OR 3 + 1A and 1B on EE)

• If baby is 4 - 6 months and still exclusively breastfeeding with no solid food for baby - 4 additional healthy extras (4 + 2A and 2B on red/green OR 3 + 1A and 1B on EE)

• If baby is 4 - 6 months and solid food has been introduced - 3 additional healthy extras (3 + 2A and 2B on red/green OR 3 + 1A and 1B on EE)

• If baby is 6 months and over, when weaning - 1 additional healthy extra (1 + 2A and 2B on red/green OR 3 + 1A and 1B on EE)"

Rosie was 3 months old when I went back to SW fully last time around and I was still breastfeeding exclusively so I was entitled to 4 additional healthy extras. I only do EE so that meant I got 6 HEs in total so I just had 3 A and 3 B choices. If you're on a red or green and baby is over 2 months old you get EIGHT!!! So 4 A and 4 B choices! Yummy!

Also when I started weaning her when she was 6 months old I didn't go from 1A + 1B + 4 additional HEs straight to 1A + 1B + 1 additional, like SW recommends because she was still breastfeeding as much as ever and those first tastes are literally a tablespoon of solid food at a time. So what I did was for each breast feeding session she dropped, I dropped an HE. When I was exclusively breastfeeding, I fed her 6 times in 24 hours which was perfect as it tallied with the number of HEs I was having. So when she dropped to 5 feeds, I dropped my HEs to 5 and when she dropped to 4 feeds, I dropped to 4 and so on until I had 3 left in total (1A + 1B on EE + 1 extra) as recommended by SW. That's what you carry on with until your baby stops breastfeeding altogether then you go back to the standard number of HEs. It makes more sense to me to base the number of HEs you have on how much you're breastfeeding your baby than how much solid food he/she is eating because a lot of times even when they're eating a good amount of solids, they still breastfeed as much as before!

Note that these HEs are for exclusively breastfeeding mothers. I have no idea how many HEs you get if you're supplementing breastfeeding with formula. If your baby is 100% formula fed then obviously you just carry on with SW as normal with no additions.
Good luck Elle! I bet you're loving every minute of motherhood :bighug:

Welcome back Honey, I read this whole thread start to finish before I joined so feel like we've chatted before, lol!! I was the same at the start, all the stopped me feeling sick was toast!!! Glad onlines working well for you and that you're feeling good!! :)

Has anyone had sickness in the third trimester? I'm 31 weeks and I feel naseaus all the time, just like I did in the first trimester, and I'm so tired too, I've had an afternoon nap everyday but 1 this week.... Is this normal??

Hope everyone else is feeling well x

Nightmare, I have heard its common, mine went off but have the odd morning when I'm sick which is odd as I only felt sick when I was going through morning sickness properly!!xx

Thanks.... Nice to know its normal, just don't like it!! I kept wondering when the 'blooming' stage would start.... Now im in the third trimester and feeling like this, I realise it's not going to happen!! Lol!!

Welcome back Honey!! Im glad your feeling better now. Thank you for starting such a great thread, it's so nice to have the support of everyone going through the same thing on here!! Xx

I was sick with first pregnancy from 8 weeks till the day I delivered. Was in bed early while I was still working and naps in day when I left. Pregnancy is such hard work on our bodies :) x

Back