Pregnancy and Slimming World

I've had three weddings since being pregnant (one of which was mine!) and I have another on saturday! I know exactly what you mean, it's hard to stick to plan when there's a 3 course meal & wedding cake to boot! Half of me wants to eat everything & the other half of me says it's not worth it!

Heard off the hospital today. Since the beginning I've had to go for regular bloods because of a low platelet count (first monthly, then fortnightly), however it's now so low that I have to go every week. On top of that, my appointment to see a consultant & haemotologist has been moved forward from next month to next week :-s It's getting hard to enjoy being pregnant when your worrying all the time!

I had 5 weddings when I was preggers with my first!!!

Oh no, try not to stress, at least they're keeping a good eye on you, hopefully this consultant appointment will be really good, they can tell you what they're going to do to get them up and you can start enjoying being preggers!!xx

lilbabyfish said:
Yep I was adamant that I was sticking to plan but as soon as the sickness hit that was it! I put 4 stone on with my first and have only just got back to my pre preg weight when I found out I was pregnant with my 2nd! X

I haven't had the sickness this time bad nausea though. With imi I had it all the way till I had her. I have been lazy with my planning cause Hubbie is home or 5 weeks I have given up smoking and it has just snowballed but I guess putting on 2.5lbs in the past month not awful considering I've eaten my way through every takeout in Sussex :) x

What does everyone think about this whooping cough outbreak and the vaccinations for pregnant women? I've got an appointment with the nurse next week but I don't know much about it...

I agree with First Timer, wanna know more about it but the fact that they take have it in America makes me think I'll take it, will we just get offered it at our next midwife appointment or what?xx

Skonions said:
I agree with First Timer, wanna know more about it but the fact that they take have it in America makes me think I'll take it, will we just get offered it at our next midwife appointment or what?xx

I just phoned my doctors surgery and they've booked me an appointment with the nurse, thought it would be quicker

B's lovely lady said:
I know, it's crazy how quick it's going!!! X

Just wondering, how are you managing with travelling? I'm going to be driving to Scotland over Christmas when I'll be 28 weeks
(7 hour journey). I don't see the issue as long as i stop regularly but a few people have told me I should reconsider! x

parfittaroles said:
Just wondering, how are you managing with travelling? I'm going to be driving to Scotland over Christmas when I'll be 28 weeks
(7 hour journey). I don't see the issue as long as i stop regularly but a few people have told me I should reconsider! x

I do get back ache if I'm sitting down for too long, but I'm perfectly fine driving. I sit at my desk for 8 hrs a day with an hr commute either side, it's not much different as long as you make sure you stop. Are you going to be driving on your own? X

B's lovely lady said:
I do get back ache if I'm sitting down for too long, but I'm perfectly fine driving. I sit at my desk for 8 hrs a day with an hr commute either side, it's not much different as long as you make sure you stop. Are you going to be driving on your own? X

Great thanks :) I really didn't see what the problem was but everyone else was making me doubt myself!

No, my hubby will be with me but he can't drive as he has seizures. We'll be stopping every hour or so as I'm sure I'll be needing the loo even more often by then!

B's lovely lady - 31 weeks, single figures, how exciting!!!! I'm 25 weeks today, yey!!

Parfittaroles - I think you'll be fine travelling in a car, its not like you're flying!! As long as you give your self plenty of time to get there so you can stop loads to stretch your legs and well, pee every 5 minutes, lol!!! Some people think you're practically disabled when pregnant but as long as you listen to your body and stop when need be it wont be a problem!

I'll be 37 weeks crimbo day, eeeeeek, I'm gonna be huge, just don't want him coming early, do not want a christmas or new year baby in the slightest!!!!

Felt a bit crappy yesterday, went really light headed when standing up and felt really tired, must make sure I take my pregnancy vitamins, my iron might be a bit low, feel ok today though!xxx

Skonions said:
B's lovely lady - 31 weeks, single figures, how exciting!!!! I'm 25 weeks today, yey!!

Parfittaroles - I think you'll be fine travelling in a car, its not like you're flying!! As long as you give your self plenty of time to get there so you can stop loads to stretch your legs and well, pee every 5 minutes, lol!!! Some people think you're practically disabled when pregnant but as long as you listen to your body and stop when need be it wont be a problem!

I'll be 37 weeks crimbo day, eeeeeek, I'm gonna be huge, just don't want him coming early, do not want a christmas or new year baby in the slightest!!!!

Felt a bit crappy yesterday, went really light headed when standing up and felt really tired, must make sure I take my pregnancy vitamins, my iron might be a bit low, feel ok today though!xxx

Single figures is just crazy.... It's all going so quickly!! I remember being 25 weeks, feels like only last week, it will fly by!!!

Make sure you take your vitamins, I had low iron and it really knocked me, I was just exhausted all the time. I think you have blood test at 28 weeks which will check your iron, but if you feel bad go and get yourself checked out and get extra iron supplements xx

For driving I would just make sure I knew where the services were fr toilet stops....and recline the seat slightly for driving. A lumber support would be beneficial if you have one?? Or wedge a cushion at the base of your spine....! Xxx

My iron was a little low last time so I started taking them but I seem to have got out of the habit, I eat plenty of fortified and iron rich food though.

Yeah 28 weeks is my next appointment at home so I think its blood tests and my anti-d jab, I've got rubbish veins and they always strugle to get any blood, I hope they manage it this time!

I think its going much quicker than my first, I cant believe I'm at 25 weeks already, you'll be at your due date in no time!!!!xx

Hi Ladies do you mind if i join you. I am just over 6 weeks and over to years ago i ganined alot with my son, and i trying to limit damage this time. As I am big to start with. If i could maintain for as long as poss i would be happy as i eating what i want when i want, but have no major cravings at present only sweetcorn.

Hi Ladies do you mind if i join you. I am just over 6 weeks and over to years ago i ganined alot with my son, and i trying to limit damage this time. As I am big to start with. If i could maintain for as long as poss i would be happy as i eating what i want when i want, but have no major cravings at present only sweetcorn.

Welcome and congrats!!!

Sweetcorns a good craving to have, I couldn't stop eating cake with my first!!xx

parisbeach said:

Congratulations!!! :)

parisbeach said:

Welcome !

Right I keep trying to post on here and it's keeps disappearing!!!
Welcome to anyone new.
I really want chocolate today :( so far I'm fighting the cravings lol.
Hope everyone is well x

Back