Pregnancy and Slimming World

I'm gonna try the mushy pea curry tomorrow with some extra super free veg in on SW chips, rather nervous as don't like beans or mushy peas & both are in this but we had it as the taster at last nights slimming world class and it was really nice, just like chip shop curry sauce which I adore!!! Eeeeeeeeek!! Hubs is having pizza as he looked at me like I was nuts when I said what it was!xx

earthmother05 said:
hi everyone - i am Kerry and i am nearly 7 weeks pregnant and I will be following slimming world during my pregnancy. xx

Welcome am geri and 14 weeks on Monday how you been keeping? Is this your first? It's my 3rd I've already 2 boys age 6 & 2.

Congrats to all the new joiners to the thread....I can't believe Isabel is three weeks old today!!! It's going really fast!

I'm breastfeeding and it's really hard sometimes - did anyone watch the programme on the other day?

Xx

Congrats to all the new joiners to the thread....I can't believe Isabel is three weeks old today!!! It's going really fast!

I'm breastfeeding and it's really hard sometimes - did anyone watch the programme on the other day?

Xx

Well done on breastfeeding Ellebear, its really hard at first but does get much easier & all free, yey!!! What programme was that?xx

earthmother05 said:
hi everyone - i am Kerry and i am nearly 7 weeks pregnant and I will be following slimming world during my pregnancy. xx

first timer said:
Welcome am geri and 14 weeks on Monday how you been keeping? Is this your first? It's my 3rd I've already 2 boys age 6 & 2.

Welcome Kerry and geri and congratulations x

Ellebear said:

Xx

Well done on the breast feeding, the first few weeks are the most difficult so try to stick with it. The health benefits for your baby, never mind the money you save, are amazing.
I would highly recommend finding a local bf support group near you.
I bf my little boy until he was 15 months, I had to stop because I was over 20weeks pregnant and my boobs started blistering due to him suckling too hard.
I found that any problems I encountered along the way, bottle feeding parents would put down to me bfing. I knew that was a load of rubbish but it used to cause some debate with me and the DH lol. So the support group was brilliant for talking to families in the same position.
Good luck x

Ellebear said:

Xx

I didn't watch it but I heard about it and keep meaning to watch on the iplayer.

Are you exclusively breastfeeding Elle? Well done for sticking with it xxx

Yeah I am exclusively breasffeeding....it's been tough the first week was the worst! I found the documentary interesting. I will be introducing a bottle after 4 weeks, but will be expression breast milk not formula. This is just so little one gets used to a bottle as well as breast. Going to use Tommee tippee bottles as have been advised these are closer to nipples!! I don't want the little one getting confused.

Ellebear said:
Yeah I am exclusively breasffeeding....it's been tough the first week was the worst! I found the documentary interesting. I will be introducing a bottle after 4 weeks, but will be expression breast milk not formula. This is just so little one gets used to a bottle as well as breast. Going to use Tommee tippee bottles as have been advised these are closer to nipples!! I don't want the little one getting confused.

Heh I was exclusive for 4wks- I only got 1.5oz after 45mins expressing & wasn't worth it! As Kelsey wasn't gaining I had to then supplement with formula & it's much easier now!

Geobar said:
I found that any problems I encountered along the way, bottle feeding parents would put down to me bfing. I knew that was a load of rubbish but it used to cause some debate with me and the DH lol. So the support group was brilliant for talking to families in the same position.
Good luck x
it amazes me that some people still think ff is better for baby than bf! Crazy! I'm going to try my best to bf as I read the vast majority of people can as long as you keep trying!

parfittaroles said:
it amazes me that some people still think ff is better for baby than bf! Crazy!

I know.
Some people do encounter problems and I completely understand that but so many blame breast feeding when it's far superior to anything else. If you can do it then its the best for the baby. It's hard work for mum but I also think its easier in a way. You always have food at hand and hardly any sterilising. Only a little if you express.
I had a lovely experience and hopefully I'll have the same this time around. I was gutted I had to stop when I did.

Geobar said:
I know.
Some people do encounter problems and I completely understand that but so many blame breast feeding when it's far superior to anything else. If you can do it then its the best for the baby. It's hard work for mum but I also think its easier in a way. You always have food at hand and hardly any sterilising. Only a little if you express.
I had a lovely experience and hopefully I'll have the same this time around. I was gutted I had to stop when I did.

I managed 4 weeks just bf and it was incredibly tough as I permanently had midwives calling to weigh Kelsey as she wasn't gaining yet I felt I was constantly feeding and she was definitely getting lots as so many nappies- had to give formula in end as reckon my milk wasn't good enough - she could only maintain on it! For 1.5 wks i then gave 45min bf followed by 4oz and that was every 4-5hrs which was taking 1.5hrs to do! Now she's refusing the breast and im gutted but she's healthy & gaining- I tried :0(

She's lasting bout 10 mins every other feed on a breast now

Vm019 said:
I managed 4 weeks just bf and it was incredibly tough as I permanently had midwives calling to weigh Kelsey as she wasn't gaining yet I felt I was constantly feeding and she was definitely getting lots as so many nappies- had to give formula in end as reckon my milk wasn't good enough - she could only maintain on it! For 1.5 wks i then gave 45min bf followed by 4oz and that was every 4-5hrs which was taking 1.5hrs to do! Now she's refusing the breast and im gutted but she's healthy & gaining- I tried :0(

She's lasting bout 10 mins every other feed on a breast now

Some people do have problems but you tried and that's all you can do. As long as baby is healthy, that's the main thing.
I just kept being told that my DS wasn't sleeping or he was feeding so much etc because he was bfing.
Did they check your little ones latch. A friend of mine had similar to what you described and it turned out he was tongue tied.

I breast fed until my little man was 15 months too!! Really struggled at the start but got through it and so pleased that I struggled on, it was a great experience, easy once I'd got to grips with it and its great knowing they're getting everything they need from you!!

Cheers for the link, I'll take a look at it!!

I went to our local NCT sale today, didn't really get anything for the baby buts lots of toys for Freddies birthday/crimbo, he is deffo gonna be spoilt as he's got loads of stuff already!! Really pleased!!

Made the mushy pea curry today and had it on SW chips & cheese, perfect for watching xfactor, really tastes like chip shop curry sauce and put extra superfree in it!!

My mother in law told me how my bumps got lots bigger but the rest of me is looking slimmer and that I look really good, I love her!! I have the nicest mother in law in the world, she's just had her second bout of chemo for breast cancer and has lost a lot of her hair now which used to be all down her back, so sad as she's so lovely!!!

Hope everyone's ok??xxxx

We got our cotbed for our little spring onion today, hubs went to pick it up £25 on ebay instead of £180 new, its the same one Freddie's got so they're room will still match when they share!! Hubs says its in immaculate condition so we wont tell the little one that his one is second hand, lol! Bless him, he's getting all hand me downs! We've dumped it at my mums for now as she has more space and we wont be putting it up yet as he'll be in the crib in our room at first!!

I think we've got everything we need for the baby now, borrowing swing and sling from friends, bought a double pram from another which I'm hoping we don't have to use much, got the crib and clothes and everything from Freddie, good times!! Just need to get stuff for Freddie really as he'll be going into size 2-3 clothes soon, I honestly don't know where the times gone, he's 2 next month!!!!!!xxx

Back