Pregnancy and Slimming World

Skonions said:
I just used the free one you get from Boots but as the babies gonna mostly get hand me downs from Freddie it would be lovely to treat myself to a nice new changing bag, I might have a sneaky look online now!! I'm blaming you for tempting me Geobar!!xx

Lol.
I did use that one at one point and it was as good as the ones I'd paid for but all the material frayed around the seems so as i have less to buy this time I want a new one. Plus I thought I could be a Christmas pressure from my DH!

Geobar said:
Any suggestions on a changing bag?

My head is fried I've looked at so many. I gone through 2 on my first and wasn't massively fussed on either. We now use a rucksack. But I want a good one for when the baby arrives. Preferably one that is nice looking.

I got a yummy mummy one from babylurve - I might still have a discount code for there too!

Geobar said:
Well I'm into the third so it's definitely not happening lol.
Ah we'll.
all you first time mums make the most if it!!!! Second time around you just don't feel pregnant, only fat and lifeless lol

I am a 1st timer! I'm 18 weeks, pale, tired, bloated, spotty & hormonal. Please let the glowing start soon!

Skonions said:
I just used the free one you get from Boots but as the babies gonna mostly get hand me downs from Freddie it would be lovely to treat myself to a nice new changing bag, I might have a sneaky look online now!! I'm blaming you for tempting me Geobar!!xx

How do I get a free bag? I registered with boots mother and baby, but no bag :(

Vm019 said:
Try TTLS as a code for 15 % off - not sure if it was a special code for entering a competition though...

Ooo thanks I'll take a look

parfittaroles said:
I am a 1st timer! I'm 18 weeks, pale, tired, bloated, spotty & hormonal. Please let the glowing start soon!

How do I get a free bag? I registered with boots mother and baby, but no bag :(

It's not so much how you feel, it's how your treated. Eve though you don't realise it at the time lol.
The DH was brilliant with helping out around the house etc. and if I was tired and at home I could put my feet up and not feel guilty about it.
Second time around all you get told is "you knew what to expect so get on with it".
My DH and I do the child care for our 17 month between us so he's always knackered and has no sympathy for me.
But I wouldn't change it for the world!!!
I love my expanding family to bits and its more than worth it.
Bit honestly take the time to enjoy your first pregnancy as much as you can because it'll be so different if you have another.

You get a voucher sent out for the bag and you collect them in store x

Ooo I read about the boots free changing bag. Might have to sign up to the parenting club.

Well I have never been this poorly ever. OH says he "doesn't want to risk it" and wants me to stay home from work, but I don't get paid for being off sick and it's money that can go to my £1000 target for when baby is born!

X

Nikki<3 said:
Ooo I read about the boots free changing bag. Might have to sign up to the parenting club.

Well I have never been this poorly ever. OH says he "doesn't want to risk it" and wants me to stay home from work, but I don't get paid for being off sick and it's money that can go to my £1000 target for when baby is born!

X

The boots parenting club us well worth it for the extra points

Skonions said:
I have spent the whole day (whilst working) looking for changing bags, why are all the nice ones really expensive?!!!!!xx

I've just got a really nice bag.....as long as nappies and a foldy change may fit its good for me!!!! Although mine is a Radley bag :)

Skonions said:
I have spent the whole day (whilst working) looking for changing bags, why are all the nice ones really expensive?!!!!!xx

I know I'm the same I think £200 is a bit excessive for a changing bag :(

Ellebear said:
I've just got a really nice bag.....as long as nappies and a foldy change may fit its good for me!!!! Although mine is a Radley bag :)

I've been looking for a Radley one but they seem to have stopped selling them in debenhams & John Lewis. Where did you get yours?

parfittaroles said:
I've been looking for a Radley one but they seem to have stopped selling them in debenhams & John Lewis. Where did you get yours?

I have a Radley one - got it originAlly but then discovered it was no good for my pram as i needed an extendable strap to go over it- so I'm keeping it for when I don't need to attach it to the pram! Got mine in the sale for £71 :D

I'll need a decent size one with two little ones. I quite liked the look of the babymoov bags. They are very reasonable but the reviews are very varied. They only sell online so I can't go anywhere to look at them either. The others I like are ridiculously expensive :(

Geobar said:
I'll need a decent size one with two little ones. I quite liked the look of the babymoov bags. They are very reasonable but the reviews are very varied. They only sell online so I can't go anywhere to look at them either. The others I like are ridiculously expensive :(

Pink lining also do a twin one if that helps!

As a mother it is great to have lines and voice from the Pregnant-Slimming World for us to know good things in the slimming session. Good ideas are important because they will help you in your decision making regarding weight loss program.

parfittaroles said:

Mine isn't a changing bag it's just a large satchel bag that's oil cloth (wipe clean!!!) it's from the Holloway range....it's grey and purple and doesn't look like a Radley! Has lots of little pockets though. I got it from the airport (duty free) x

Attachments

• image-1730858780.jpg
    image-1730858780.jpg
    394.2 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
I'm now thinking a Mia Tui bag, looks more like a handbag but lots of clever storage bits inside!! I was thinking about a Minnie Amelie oe the really big Amelie bag which are £50- £60 but a woman on twitter is selling a Mia Tui Ave for £25 which she's used as a changing bag so now I'm confused!! Unless I get both, mwah ha ha!! Could get my bro to buy the second hand one and then hubs to get a new bigger one if I think I want more space!xxx

Back