Pregnancy and Slimming World

Hmmmmm....cheesecake is my all time fave!!!! Would love a bit now actually!

Appointment went really well thank you for asking - was fab seeing my little person again and they can see no problem with his/her heart! YAY! The little tinker wouldn't stay still and I've heard that an active baby in the womb = an active baby! If that's true it looks like we are going to have our hands full :D
Was weird seeing just how active they are - I've got an anterior placenta so even now at nearly 24 weeks I don't feel THAT much :(

Was good to be reasssured that everything is as it should be though!

I stocked up in Boots yesterday on the Huggies wipes - got a drawer full of stuff now! Also saw these and had to invest...

Going pushchair shopping this weekend too - the amount of choice out there terrifies me!

Thanks for asking :) Appointment was a bit of a waste of time tbh. They didn't tell me anything I didn't know. Baby is fine but as I thrombocytopenia (low platelets) I definitely won't be able to have a spinal or epidural. I'm hoping for a natural birth but should I need an emergency section I will have to have general anaesthetic and miss it all :( They are fairly confident the platelets will rise after the birth but as Ive never had a blood test as an adult they can't rule out that I've always had the condition, in which case I'd need a bone marrow test :-/ but I really doubt it will get to that!
Generally it was good news tho as my levels have risen from 72 to 92 (normal range is 150-400) :)

Ah hun, I hope that doesn't happen, I had an emergency section and was knocked out, one minute I was pregnant, the next I was waking up with my hubby holding my baby boy feeding him, he was already dressed etc. Although at first it didn't bother me though, you'll just be happy when you realise your both okay. How long you got left? Now that I'm not pregnant I just hide out in the shadows lol xx

I'm thinking of expressing my milk so we can introduce a bottle to our baby. I wondered how much my little one would need on each feed? Would you say 3 oz per feed?? What is everyone's experience in this? Thanks xxxx

Ellebear said:
I'm thinking of expressing my milk so we can introduce a bottle to our baby. I wondered how much my little one would need on each feed? Would you say 3 oz per feed?? What is everyone's experience in this? Thanks xxxx

I think 3oz sounds fine. You can always top them up yourself. My one took to it fine but after a while refused the bottle so make it a regular thing. Don't get tricked like me lol

I used to express for my first, definitely agree with keeping the bottles a regular thing or they will forget what to do, my friends struggling with that at the mo! There's a formula to work out how much expressed to give depending on how many feeds they have.

Katerpillar glad it all went well, this one seems very active and if he's anything like his brother he's gonna be!!! I had an anterior placenta last time, deffo feeling more movement this time around!!

My curry was so nice last nice, I made vegetable egg fried rice at home so it was nice and cheap and got my curry without ghee, I did however eat the free bombay potatoes they sent and a tiny bit of hubbys naan, deffo over my syns but did finish some off today as it was huge!!!!xx

Parfiteroles, glad your platelets are up and fingers crossed for a nice straightforward birth for you and us all!!!!

oasis6918 said:
Ah hun, I hope that doesn't happen, I had an emergency section and was knocked out, one minute I was pregnant, the next I was waking up with my hubby holding my baby boy feeding him, he was already dressed etc. Although at first it didn't bother me though, you'll just be happy when you realise your both okay. How long you got left? Now that I'm not pregnant I just hide out in the shadows lol xx

I cried reading that lol! It didn't even occur to me I'd not be able to give baby the first feed or dress them for the first time ! After crying for an hour I realised how silly I was being. Your right - as long as we're both healthy then it doesn't matter. How old is your lo now? Did it take you long to recover from the section? x

Ah sorry didn't mean to upset you! That was with my first child 2 yrs ago. It was just because they encourage you to feed soon after baby was born and they had to see to me, although I think they can leave baby for a while if your breastfeeding but not sure for how long. It never bothered me much at all until I was pregnant with my second then I started to panic in case it happened again as I wanted to experience at least one birth.
I was up on my feet 20 hours later, recovered really well except part of my wound stayed open until 9 weeks later which was really frustrating, it wasnt sore and they wouldn't do anything because it wasn't getting infected or anything. I also had a hematoma (however you spell it) which isn't serious, but it expelled through the hole instead of back into my blood just because it was an opening. So it happened a couple of days after birth and because I was on blood thinning tablets blood poured out so hubby panicked, but they said its really common and not anything to worry bout but it seemed a lot worse at the time. The rest of my recovery though was great you just have to be careful with lifting after all its major surgery but its not as bad as people make out. I was really pleased my second was natural. I'm sure you'll be fine hun xx

Hi all
I haven't been on this thread or following Slimming World in ages & I've managed to put on a stone. I'm 16+6 & i cannot afford to be any heavier than what I am due to my medical history. So it's very much finger out time!!!!

I'm currently 28 weeks and have already lots of weight to lose. I'm so ashamed of myself, I was kind of in control for a while and for the last 3 weeks I have been having massive binges on a daily basis. I'm so so upset and im scared to face the scales now and have been missing class. Iv got to that point where im ready to get back on track I think...just need a little encouragement :( Kay

Hi Wanda & Kayleigh Rebecca, welcome to the thread, you'll get lots of friendly support on here!! :) Don't be too hard on yourselves, its hard to stay focused at the best of times never mind when you're preggers!! Well done on coming on here, shows that you wanna get back on track, think of some of your fave SW meals and get the stuff in & lots of yummy low syn treats to enjoy!! :)

oasis6918 said:
Ah sorry didn't mean to upset you! That was with my first child 2 yrs ago. It was just because they encourage you to feed soon after baby was born and they had to see to me, although I think they can leave baby for a while if your breastfeeding but not sure for how long. It never bothered me much at all until I was pregnant with my second then I started to panic in case it happened again as I wanted to experience at least one birth.
I was up on my feet 20 hours later, recovered really well except part of my wound stayed open until 9 weeks later which was really frustrating, it wasnt sore and they wouldn't do anything because it wasn't getting infected or anything. I also had a hematoma (however you spell it) which isn't serious, but it expelled through the hole instead of back into my blood just because it was an opening. So it happened a couple of days after birth and because I was on blood thinning tablets blood poured out so hubby panicked, but they said its really common and not anything to worry bout but it seemed a lot worse at the time. The rest of my recovery though was great you just have to be careful with lifting after all its major surgery but its not as bad as people make out. I was really pleased my second was natural. I'm sure you'll be fine hun xx

I had to go to theatre after my delivery with a third degree tear & excessive bleeding- my wee one therefore wasn't put onto my breast for over an hr after delivery and she had no problems! :D

I've been told next time will b a section as a result but to be honest it seems an easier option now! But then I'll not know til I'm through it!

I can't c it affecting the bond not being handed straight 2 u either - baby knows ur heart beat and voice- that's what counts!!!

Definitely, it's best for u & baby & I think that's the main thing!

Oh I agree, I had no problems with bonding with him at all, in fact if I'm completely honest I think I bonded quicker with him than I did with my second which was a natural birth. Only because with my second I was a bit overwhelmed, not wanting baby to take all the attention away from my son but you soon realise you don't have to make room in your heart to love two, your heart just gets bigger :) xx

Hello everyone! Hope everyone is well! After a few cr@ppy weeks I'm back to feeling like I'm in the land of the living again! I've just been sooooo tired, feel like I've had a cold for six weeks and spent a lot of time sitting around feeling sorry for myself!

I do feel tho that in some ways I wasn't helping myself, I got a bit stuck in a rut of being afraid to do things cos I'm pregnant (my OH doesn't help cos he won't let me lift a finger around the house!) which has stopped me doing what I enjoy , which just became a vicious circle of being fed up and miserable. I've gradually been doing a little bit more the last few days and am finding a balance of what I want to do and what I physically can do!

I've also started eating much better through personal choice rather than feeling like I have to do it for my weight etc. Like i said I've been feeling rotten full of cold with no energy and I began to wonder how much of this was cos I was eating rubbish. I've not had much of an appetite lately so don't really eat meals and instead just pick at rubbish all day. I ate a loaf of bread to myself in one day!! So I got loads of fruit thinking I could pick at this instead. I'm feeling a bit better cold wise after a few days of this, but one thing I have noticed is that my appetite is actually coming back! So it must be working! I'm not too worried about being 100% on plan with syns etc, so long as most of what I eat is sw, I have my recommended hex and my five a day.

So I'm feeling good finally! I can't believe I'm 19 weeks already and almost half way through! I feel like the time's flown!

Sorry you've been feeling rubbish Mrs CC, glad its starting to pass, I always feel better when I eat well but sometimes I just need cake!! I know what you mean about the time flying, I'll be 27 weeks tomorrow, that's mad!!

Freddie had a nice long nap (bliss) so I got few bits done & I made some of the superspeed tomato soup (easiest soup in the world) gonna take some in a flask to work to add a bit of variety to my snacking, there's only so much fruit you can eat! I've also made a choc mint "mousses" choc mint options, whole tub of quark (needed using up) half a small tub of plain ff yoghurt and a mint muller light!! 2 syns and it made a decent sized bowl, tastes lovely but i think the coconut version is my fave!! I'll prob eat it all this evening but I'll take some to work with me if I don't finish it!!

I'm having salmon, couscous & roasted veg for dinner, deliciously syn free, I don't have to cook for hubs on a Monday as he has darts so thought I'd have some fish as I don't eat enough of it as he doesn't like it!! My brothers popping in so waiting for him to come round before having it, wish he'd hurry up!!xx

Skonions said:
Sorry you've been feeling rubbish Mrs CC, glad its starting to pass, I always feel better when I eat well but sometimes I just need cake!! I know what you mean about the time flying, I'll be 27 weeks tomorrow, that's mad!!

Freddie had a nice long nap (bliss) so I got few bits done & I made some of the superspeed tomato soup (easiest soup in the world) gonna take some in a flask to work to add a bit of variety to my snacking, there's only so much fruit you can eat! I've also made a choc mint "mousses" choc mint options, whole tub of quark (needed using up) half a small tub of plain ff yoghurt and a mint muller light!! 2 syns and it made a decent sized bowl, tastes lovely but i think the coconut version is my fave!! I'll prob eat it all this evening but I'll take some to work with me if I don't finish it!!

I'm having salmon, couscous & roasted veg for dinner, deliciously syn free, I don't have to cook for hubs on a Monday as he has darts so thought I'd have some fish as I don't eat enough of it as he doesn't like it!! My brothers popping in so waiting for him to come round before having it, wish he'd hurry up!!xx

Thanks skonions, hope you weren't waiting too long for your tea last night! The mint mousse sounds tasty!

Welcome newbies and congratulations on being pregnant.
Well I fell off the wagon last week and ate loads of crap. I had terrible heart burn but just thought that it was I e of those things. Got back on track. Yesterday and no heart burn! Looks like I'm going to be eating well regardless of what I fancy eating, otherwise I'll be up all night.
It's a good thing really as I have something to force me into eating the right stuff.
Hope everyone is doing well x

Well I got too peckish so put my dinner on, glad I did as my bro eventually text me to say he'd finished late and would come round another night!!

Mint mousse was nice, only ate half so will polish the rest off later!!

Boooooo to the heartburn but good to have extra motivation to stay on plan, I have an enormous bottle of heartburn stuff ready and waiting as had it last time but it hasn't hit yet!!

I've really enjoyed having my flask of tomato soup to drink throughout the morning, its spicier than I thought, might have been a little heavy handed with the chilli flakes, lol!!xx

Back