Pregnancy and Slimming World

Skonions said:
Well I got too peckish so put my dinner on, glad I did as my bro eventually text me to say he'd finished late and would come round another night!!

Mint mousse was nice, only ate half so will polish the rest off later!!

Boooooo to the heartburn but good to have extra motivation to stay on plan, I have an enormous bottle of heartburn stuff ready and waiting as had it last time but it hasn't hit yet!!

I've really enjoyed having my flask of tomato soup to drink throughout the morning, its spicier than I thought, might have been a little heavy handed with the chilli flakes, lol!!xx

My bottle is at the side of the bed.
I had it terrible last time and tried cutting the recommended food- spicy, chocolate etc. still got it so I thought it was just something I would have to put up with. It must be something to do with fat intake with me.
When I was sticking to sw I was still having chocolate with no problems.
When I fell of the rails I wasn't always eating chocolate or anything that I would think was causing the heart burn. Fingers crossed that if I stick with sw I won't have heartburn.
Here's hoping. Only 11wks to go if I don't go early

Skonions said:
Having spaghetti & meatballs for tea using turkey mince, question is do I use 13.5 syns to have 3 slices of garlic bread with it?? Is it worth it? I do love garlic bread!! Haven't had any today & I'd still have enough to finish off my mint choc mousse and 1 left over, hmmmmmmm!!xx

Go for it!

Yeh! Have the garlic bread! Deffo worth it!

Really can't believe I'm feeling sooo much better for eating better these last few days. I'm still not 100% on plan, like yesterday I had white bread, maltesers and sauce on my pasta so was over syns. But for my meals I'm mainly eating sw foods, having my 5 a day, having my hex and not eating so much rubbish.

I'm suddenly feeling a lot more confident that my pregnancy doesn't mean I have to pile the weight on. I am actually enjoying eating like this for the sake of it rather than doing it to lose weight. I had hoped I would've got to this stage earlier in my pregnancy but never mind! Am hoping that it continues now and that it helps me form some healthier eating habits for life.

Hope everyone is well!

Mrs CC said:
Yeh! Have the garlic bread! Deffo worth it!

Really can't believe I'm feeling sooo much better for eating better these last few days. I'm still not 100% on plan, like yesterday I had white bread, maltesers and sauce on my pasta so was over syns. But for my meals I'm mainly eating sw foods, having my 5 a day, having my hex and not eating so much rubbish.

I'm suddenly feeling a lot more confident that my pregnancy doesn't mean I have to pile the weight on. I am actually enjoying eating like this for the sake of it rather than doing it to lose weight. I had hoped I would've got to this stage earlier in my pregnancy but never mind! Am hoping that it continues now and that it helps me form some healthier eating habits for life.

Hope everyone is well!

I was good to begin with and then fell completely off the wagon. (I have had another week off the wagon mind you) but in my head its all about damage limitation.
I put on about 5st with my first pregnancy and lost it quickly. Currently I'm under 2st. If I put on a lb a week from this point I'll still be half the size I was last time.
Limiting it now is better than doing nothing at all. So well done.

I had the garlic bread & it was good!! Had it with spaghetti & turkey meatballs and a healthy extra portion of cheese, yum yum!!

I'm glad you're feeling so much better Mrs CC, you sound happy its great! We've all gotta enjoy our pregnancies and not feel guilty everytime we eat anything other than an apple but also not be eating crap morning, noon & night and wonder why we feel crap, its all about balance I think!! Just hope I can continue to get the balance right...most of the time!!xx

Hi!
After giving myself a swift kick following stepping off the scales on Sunday, I pulled out the books & wrote my food diary.
Started planning what I'm eating during the day instead of looking into the cupboards whenever I'm hungry. Made a big pot of slimming world chilli last night for dinner & its going to be lunch today along with plenty of fruit & Mullerlights.
How are the other mums to be doing? Hope pregnancy is treating you all well x

Skonions said:
Having spaghetti & meatballs for tea using turkey mince, question is do I use 13.5 syns to have 3 slices of garlic bread with it?? Is it worth it? I do love garlic bread!! Haven't had any today & I'd still have enough to finish off my mint choc mousse and 1 left over, hmmmmmmm!!xx

I hope you had that garlic bread girl! Yummy

Skonions said:
Mint mousse was nice, only ate half so will polish the rest off later!!
Where will I get that recipe?? Sounds like a treat I'd eat all on my own;-)

Well last night I had cowboy pie and I had the curry kofta's the night before. Both from the last magazine, both were delicious. Highly recommend them.
I'm feeling much better after being on track for a few days. What a difference food makes eh.
Going to take my little o e to 'messy play' hmm sounds interesting we haven't been before, wish me luck lol
Hope your all having a good day x

The choc mint mousse is just 1 mint muller light, 1 mint choc options, quark and ff plain yoghurt, I don't really have proper quantities as it depends how big a bowl i want and how much quark and yoghurt i have, lol!! Its really really nice using the coconut muller light and choc coconut options, thats my fave!! 2 syns for the lot, yum!! I love chilli!!!!

I put some of my speed tomato soup in the microwave to heat up and bring to work in my flask this morning and I left it in the bloody microwave, well annoyed, I really enjoyed having that yesterday!!!!

Glad you're feeling good Geobar, I keep meaning to try a kofta curry, I've got some more turkey mince in the freezer i think so may do a kofta style curry with that! I really enjoyed the spaghetti with turkey meatballs yesterday, I've got some leftover meatballs for lunch to have with some roast veg and couscous from the day before, really looking forward to eating that shortly!!

Messy play, good luck with that, I'm sure he'll love it, I dont do messy play at home because well its messy but doing it somewhere else would be ok!!xxx

Messy play was good. Ollie was not all that interested in getting messy so it wasn't too bad.
It's inspired me to do some messy play at home though, going to get some bits and bobs for his stocking filler.

Skonions said:
Glad it was ok, what sort of things are you thinking of getting??xx

They had roller ball glitter paints with different types of painting utensils which were good and shaving foam. Sounds odd but they sprayed lots over an oil cloth and the kids could draw patterns and shapes in it.
They do different things each week.

Hey gang -hope the bumps are all doing well!

Rejoined SW class last night too...eek!

Took my little one to be weighed today and she is doing well - she is 9lb 1oz now and only 4.5 weeks old! Plotting around 50th centile line.....!

She's also getting LONG.....!!! As you can see in the piccies x

Attachments

• image-1202684541.jpg
    image-1202684541.jpg
    545.4 KB · Views: 97
  • image-3416941846.jpg
    image-3416941846.jpg
    378.8 KB · Views: 89
Ellebear said:

Took my little one to be weighed today and she is doing well - she is 9lb 1oz now and only 4.5 weeks old! Plotting around 50th centile line.....!

What a cutie!!!

Ellebear said:

Ahhhhhhhh cute!!! X

Oh my look how big she is!!! What length is she? Kelsey is 7 weeks tomoro- last week she was 57.5cm & I thought she was long! Snap with the changing mat :D

Such a cutie!!

Back