Pregnancy and Slimming World

Vm019 said:
Oh my look how big she is!!! What length is she? Kelsey is 7 weeks tomoro- last week she was 57.5cm & I thought she was long! Snap with the changing mat :D

Such a cutie!!

I have no idea....very long!!!!! That's the nursery set we went for ;)

Hey gang -hope the bumps are all doing well!

Rejoined SW class last night too...eek!

Took my little one to be weighed today and she is doing well - she is 9lb 1oz now and only 4.5 weeks old! Plotting around 50th centile line.....!

She's also getting LONG.....!!! As you can see in the piccies x

She is GORGEOUS!!!!

Good luck for your first week back in class!!!xx

I'm due 15th Jan, I think Geobar is 2 or 3 weeks before me!

Night 2 of Freddie without the sides on his cotbed did not go as well!! Took 90 mins for him to go to sleep, he'd get into bed fine but as soon as we left he'd get out, open his door and cry, in the end hubs had to stay with him until he fell asleep! I'd done the first hour as he'd been out so let him take over!! Then this morning he woke up at 5.45 and I heard him on the landing so bought him into bed but he wouldn't settle and just kept climbing all over us! Don't know why he went to sleep perfectly the first night and slept until 7.30 and then last night he was like a different boy!! My sisters babysitting Saturday night as we're going to a party (yey) I think we'll have to put him to sleep before we go!

I feel rubbish today, knackered from not enough sleep which is making me feel a bit queasey! :-( I've also got a pain down below, like pressue almost, can feel it more when I wal or getting in and out of bed, really annoying ache, not sure what that is! Also been getting braxton hicks, they dont hurt or anything just a bit annoying, I got them quite early last time I think but noticing them more!!

All in all I can't wait for my bed tonight, got slimming world later, expecting a gain tonight looking at the scales but hopefully wont be too big a one! Hubs normally does over-time until 7pm but there's been none this week so if he finishes at 5pm I'll go to the early class and get an early night!!

Hope you're all ok??xx

Skonions said:
Not long left for you then B's Lovely Lady, you must be getting well excited!! When do you start maternity leave? I finish 8 weeks today, can't wait!!!xx

I'm very very excited!!! My last day at work is thurs next week.... I'm winding down already!!! 8 weeks will fly by and you'll be off too!! Xx

I'm due 31st dec.
Hope you feel better soon skonions.
I'm feeling tired today. I'm working right up so 10 wks left. But I have annual leave from 23/10-05/10. I can't wait!

No idea when to start mat leave :-s I'm due on the 8th of March. I'm a student nurse so I'm on my feet a lot, however in Feb & March i'm in Uni having 7 hour lectures a day. I don't know which one is worse as I'm going to be big & uncomfortable, and I won't be able to get up and walk around when I need it. Any ideas when I should look at finishing?!

1 week left until mat leave, now I'm very jealous!!!!!

I wouldn't wanna work right up until the end, I'm knackered now, lol!! I'm lucky though I get a years paid maternity leave (13 months with annual leave) so I've got plenty of time off with the baby! I left about a month before my due date last time & I'm doing the same this time! I'm using annual leave and bank holidays first so my maternity leave doesn't start until 02/01/13 and he's due 15/01/13. Last time I took a couple of weeks annual leave at the end of my maternity so I could be off for Freddies first birthday and went back the day after, I'm planning to do the same thing this time to so will go back towards the end of January 2014, god that seems ages away!! Do you know any other student nurses who have been pregnant, could you ask their advice? It depends how you feel really and how long you get off!!xx

Skonions said:
Are you hoping not to give birth on New Years Eve or do you not mind Geobar?? Think if its the 1st Jan you'll be hungover for every kids birthday party, lol!!! I dont wanna be seeing any fireworks or anything that could set me off early, lol, my due date is just fine, dont fancy a crimbo or NYE baby, dont wanna go over either though!!xx

I'd like to go slightly early. My birthday is the 30th dec so NYE isn't the best date but he'll come when he's ready. I most certainly do not want to go over. I'll be having a sweep at 39wks for definite. My 1st was 8lb 9 almost a week early, I dread to think what he would've been if I went over lol. He was 57cm in length and his head was 38cm circ (the average size of an 8wk olds).
Hopefully this one wont be as big and just pop out lol

Freddie was 8 lb 7 oz and I was 3 days over, hoping this one wont be any bigger, fingers crossed I've been a lot healthier this pregnancy so I'm hoping he wont be a whopper although I feel big already!! I've got my 28 week midwife appointment next Thursday, got to have my anti-D injection so it has to be at the hospital, hoping she'll measure my bump, I'm curious!! I'd quite like to have this one 16th Jan, day after due date as Freddies 16 th Nov but obvs you can't pick!! Decembers very busy for you then bless!!xx

Just a bit my uncle is the 5th, my brother the 15th, my nephew the 28th, me then my sister on the 1st of jan. plus loads more in January.

parfittaroles said:
No idea when to start mat leave :-s I'm due on the 8th of March. I'm a student nurse so I'm on my feet a lot, however in Feb & March i'm in Uni having 7 hour lectures a day. I don't know which one is worse as I'm going to be big & uncomfortable, and I won't be able to get up and walk around when I need it. Any ideas when I should look at finishing?!

You're due the day before I am! I'm due on the 9th!

I'm planning on finishing at the begining of Feb, I work in an office but do shifts so don't want to be working much longer past that really. It might be easier if you're in lectures, but as you say its a long time sitting down all day when pregnant! I think the earliest I can finish is 11 weeks before, which I worked out as about Christmas, if that's any help to you at all?!

Awww wow Ellebear what a beautiful baby you have!! You must be one proud mama!! :)

So, in terms of dates we have so far:

B's lovely lady - 1st December
Geobar - 31st December
Skonions - 15th January
Katerpillar - 5th February
Parfittaroles - 8th March
Mrs CC - 9th March

How exciting!!! Any more for any more?

B's lovely lady you must be chuffed to be finishing soon! Are you all ready for Junior B?

I went to my first ante-natal yoga class on Sunday and it was lovely meeting other Mammies to be and it was very relaxing! Am actually really enjoying being pregnant at the minute - hoping that feeling lasts! :)

Katerpillar said:
Awww wow Ellebear what a beautiful baby you have!! You must be one proud mama!! :)

So, in terms of dates we have so far:

B's lovely lady - 1st December
Geobar - 31st December
Skonions - 15th January
Katerpillar - 5th February
Parfittaroles - 8th March
Mrs CC - 9th March

How exciting!!! Any more for any more?

B's lovely lady you must be chuffed to be finishing soon! Are you all ready for Junior B?

I went to my first ante-natal yoga class on Sunday and it was lovely meeting other Mammies to be and it was very relaxing! Am actually really enjoying being pregnant at the minute - hoping that feeling lasts! :)

I am pretty much ready I just need to pack my bag... I'm really organised, so all the baby stuff is sorted... Just need to sort out Xmas presents - that has to be done before he comes!!

I am so chuffed!! It's gone so so quickly!! I hope the last 6 weeks does too!! I've got lots of nice plans for nov so hopefully keep myself busy!!

lilbabyfish said:
I'm due April 24th but I've pretty much given up on slimming world altogether now!! X x

Just get back on it when you feel like it. I gave up between about 12wks until about 24 ish wks and then I got back on it because I wanted to. If your head isn't in it it's sooo hard.
I do feel better for being back on track now though. But if I didn't have my bit of time off maybe I would have felt worse in the long run. I don't regret falling off the wagon. Just glad I eventually got back on it ;)

Back