Pregnancy and Slimming World

Due 2nd may. Have been off SW wagon for a month now. But have decided to go back on it stopped the classes just going alone at home now. Wish me luck :) x

I was thinking of starting mat leave on the 21st of Jan as it's the start of my Uni term, but then I'll have 7 1/2 weeks before babs comes. Plus 80% of first time mums deliver late so 9 weeks off without him/her seems like a very long time! I have to have a full year off so I can join the next years class to catch up.

There's nice we're so close MrsCC :) its nice to know someone who's going through the same thing at a similar time!

I'm jealous of all of you that are due sooner - I really hope the next couple of months fly by!

Like a few of you I fell off the SW wagon for weeks but I've been trying hard this week. I feel like I've suddenly ballooned! I'm not going to feel bad if I have an off day though as I've been so miserable the past few weeks because I felt guilty about eating.

By the way everyone, my Name is Rachel. It feels funny calling everyone by their usernames!

So, we have:

B's lovely lady - 1st December
Geobar (Leanne) - 31st December
Skonions (Kate) - 15th January
Katerpillar (Kat) - 5th February
Parfittaroles (Rachel) - 8th March
Mrs CC (Caroline) - 9th March

Margarino - 20th April

Lilbabyfish - 24th April

Fiona McD - 2nd May

I am pretty much the same as you ladies - I fell off the SW wagon a while ago and have just tried to be as sensible as I can. It's true that it really does make such a difference to how you feel when you eat well. I was living off toast and butter for a while and eating chocolate every day! I've started eating more fruit and veg and don’t feel half as sluggish as I have been!
Funny story - went to the dentist yesterday and he put the chair right back so I was flat on my back- - felt instantly uncomfortable and junior was thrashing about so I knew he/she was feeling the same!
Anyway, 5 minutes passed and I started to feel hot, sweaty, watery mouth, ears ringing = knew I was going to be sick and felt like I was going to pass out! Signaled for him to stop what he was doing by making some awful noise - tried to stand up with cotton wool wedged in my mouth - banged off the wall and was about 5 seconds away from fainting!! Manged to make it to the toilet where I had sickness and diarrhea! OH MY GOD! I have never been so embarrassed in my whole life…..Apparently my baby had been lying on my inferior vena cava and restricting the bloodflow back to my heart hence I nearly passed out and other bodily functions…..:eek: :eek: :eek:
Pregnancy Is FAR from glamorous!! ha ha.....Thank God I haven't got to go back there for 6 months......

Last edited:
Hi Rachel, my names Kate xx

I think we all fall of the wagon at the start, its bloody hard when you're suffering morning sickness etc but back on now for a while now and feeling good for it!! I put on 1.5 lbs at slimming world last night, I'd say that was 95 % baby and 5% curry and cheesecake on Friday, lol!! Still 1 lb under the weight I was when I found out, proper baby gains will be starting soon which feels strange as I have a big bump!!

Poor you at the dentist Katerpillar, sounds like a nightmare, I really need to go see the dentist myself, my gums are bleeding terribly when I brush!

Still feeling really achey today, was ok first thing but feeling bit rubbish now! I took Freddie to forest school this morning to play outside in nature etc, oh my god there was a lot of mud!!! He enjoyed it but I'm knackered, especially with Freddie gettin out of bed at 3.30 & waking us up!xx

FionaMcd said:
Due 2nd may. Have been off SW wagon for a month now. But have decided to go back on it stopped the classes just going alone at home now. Wish me luck :) x

Aw, that's my birthday! Same day as David Beckhan's too!

Katerpillar said:
Funny story - went to the dentist yesterday and he put the chair right back so I was flat on my back- - felt instantly uncomfortable and junior was thrashing about so I knew he/she was feeling the same!
Anyway, 5 minutes passed and I started to feel hot, sweaty, watery mouth, ears ringing = knew I was going to be sick and felt like I was going to pass out! Signaled for him to stop what he was doing by making some awful noise - tried to stand up with cotton wool wedged in my mouth - banged off the wall and was about 5 seconds away from fainting!! Manged to make it to the toilet where I had sickness and diarrhea! OH MY GOD! I have never been so embarrassed in my whole life.....Apparently my baby had been lying on my inferior vena cava and restricting the bloodflow back to my heart hence I nearly passed out and other bodily functions.....:eek: :eek: :eek:
Pregnancy Is FAR from glamorous!! ha ha.....Thank God I haven't got to go back there for 6 months......

OMG! I'm scared enough of the dentist without having something like that happening! Hopefully they'll have forgotten by the time you next go!! As you say pregnancy is far from glam, I'm already having to ask my OH to help me put my socks on!

I'm the same as everyone else, I had been calorie couting around the time I found out, then was determined I was gonner be super healthy so decided to do SW as I had done it before. That lasted about five minutes and it's only been recently I've gotten back into it. It is hard especially with the sickness and I lost my appetite for a long time, you just eat what you can as and when you can. Don't feel bad about it! I'm still not 100% on plan but am eating more healthy foods and less crap so I'm happy with that for now! I also purposely don't weigh myself cos I know it will just depress me (And technically it's not just me putting on weight!!).

PS my name's Caroline (my intials are actually CC which I thought was funny at the time cos I was calorie counting!)

parfittaroles said:
I was thinking of starting mat leave on the 21st of Jan as it's the start of my Uni term, but then I'll have 7 1/2 weeks before babs comes. Plus 80% of first time mums deliver late so 9 weeks off without him/her seems like a very long time! I have to have a full year off so I can join the next years class to catch up.

There's nice we're so close MrsCC :) its nice to know someone who's going through the same thing at a similar time!

How have you been finding it hun? Have you had your 20 week scan yet? Mine is Thursday, I've got the same sense of excitment and fear something is wrong I had before my 12 week scan. OH is just so excited, he want's to find out what we're having!!

I know 9 weeks off sounds like a long time, but I could quite happily have the time off! Just remember some babies come early too! The only reason I'm hanging on until Feb is cause I can only afford nine months off, so wanna maximise my time off with baby.

I'm getting to the stage now where I might have to ask work about changing my shifts already. I had a bit of a melt down a few months ago cos I was working on my own and getting stressed out with the amount of work. Since I had a chat with my boss he's been great, I've been having longer breaks and there is now more staff, so less stress. I also have someone on my shifts with me so I'm not alone. I'm just finding it so tiring getting in for 7am in the mornings, might have to ask if they will change that.

I'm Leanne.

I feel your pain Caroline. I work shifts and have 4 7am starts absolute killer. I'm on work now on a 7-7, I'm wrecked! But only 10wks to go

Geobar said:
I'm Leanne.

I feel your pain Caroline. I work shifts and have 4 7am starts absolute killer. I'm on work now on a 7-7, I'm wrecked! But only 10wks to go

Glad its not just me Leanne! Have you changed your shifts any at all? I didn't really want to, but this week I've gradually gotten more and more tired as the week has gone on. I only ever do 4 in a row, but by the last one I'm shattered! My lates I'm fine with, but I don't start till 2pm so its not as bad!

I'm really lucky with my shifts, tues, wed & Thurs 9-5.30 & by Thursday I'm exhausted & ready for my day off not that you ever really get one with a toddler to look after! After I took him to forest school this morning which is playing outside & looking at nature he had a 3 hour nap in the pram, if I'd have known he'd sleep that long I'd have curled up on the sofa!! Still got horrible groin pain when I'm gettin up & stuff, it was ok this morning but got worse as the day went on! I really hope its not the start of spd, that would be so crap!! Will mention it to the midwife on Thursday! I had mushy pea curry out of the freezer for dinner with noodles, cooked chicken & extra veg, it was lush took 5 mins, good times!!!xx

Mrs CC said:
Glad its not just me Leanne! Have you changed your shifts any at all? I didn't really want to, but this week I've gradually gotten more and more tired as the week has gone on. I only ever do 4 in a row, but by the last one I'm shattered! My lates I'm fine with, but I don't start till 2pm so its not as bad!

I work 6 shifts on and 4 off at the moment. I'm still working full time hours and can't change times because my husband and I sort the child are between us. We tag team lol.
I've got annual leave coming up and when I go back my shifts are changing because my husbands got a new shift pattern.
I'll be doing 8 hour shifts 7on 2off 3on 2off. Not sure how I'm going feel about those shifts

Skonions said:
I'm really lucky with my shifts, tues, wed & Thurs 9-5.30 & by Thursday I'm exhausted & ready for my day off not that you ever really get one with a toddler to look after! After I took him to forest school this morning which is playing outside & looking at nature he had a 3 hour nap in the pram, if I'd have known he'd sleep that long I'd have curled up on the sofa!! Still got horrible groin pain when I'm gettin up & stuff, it was ok this morning but got worse as the day went on! I really hope its not the start of spd, that would be so crap!! Will mention it to the midwife on Thursday! I had mushy pea curry out of the freezer for dinner with noodles, cooked chicken & extra veg, it was lush took 5 mins, good times!!!xx

Hope the groin pain isn't too bad! Deffo mention it to the midwife, she might be able to refer you to physio. Is is bad all the time? I've noticed my legs and hips get achey after lying in bed, but during the day they aren't so bad. Get your feet up on the sofa tonight!!!

Hi everyone. Do you have room for one more??! I have been away from SW for about 12 weeks now but ready to go back on Wednesday now that the sickness and nausea have passed and I can attempt eating properly again. I am currently 17+3 with my third due on the 26.03.13.

Counting down the weeks until maternity! xx

orion83 said:
Hi everyone. Do you have room for one more??! I have been away from SW for about 12 weeks now but ready to go back on Wednesday now that the sickness and nausea have passed and I can attempt eating properly again. I am currently 17+3 with my third due on the 26.03.13.

Of course! Welcome and congratulations x

Skonions said:
The choc mint mousse is just 1 mint muller light, 1 mint choc options, quark and ff plain yoghurt, I don't really have proper quantities as it depends how big a bowl i want and how much quark and yoghurt i have, lol!! Its really really nice using the coconut muller light and choc coconut options, thats my fave!! 2 syns for the lot, yum!! I love chilli!!!!
thanks a million for that! Will def try!
How do you make your speed tomato soup? I need suggestions for lunchtimes so I don't eat the unhealthy stuff in work canteen! Its just dangerous!

orion83 said:

Congratulations! I'm due a week after you & looking forward to going on maternity already lol

Katerpillar said:
So, we have:

B's lovely lady - 1st December
Geobar (Leanne) - 31st December
Skonions (Kate) - 15th January
Katerpillar (Kat) - 5th February
Parfittaroles (Rachel) - 8th March
Mrs CC (Caroline) - 9th March
Margarino - 20th April
Lilbabyfish - 24th April
Fiona McD - 2nd May

I am pretty much the same as you ladies - I fell off the SW wagon a while ago and have just tried to be as sensible as I can. It's true that it really does make such a difference to how you feel when you eat well. I was living off toast and butter for a while and eating chocolate every day! I've started eating more fruit and veg and don't feel half as sluggish as I have been!
Anyway, 5 minutes passed and I started to feel hot, sweaty, watery mouth, ears ringing = knew I was going to be sick and felt like I was going to pass out! Signaled for him to stop what he was doing by making some awful noise - tried to stand up with cotton wool wedged in my mouth - banged off the wall and was about 5 seconds away from fainting!! Manged to make it to the toilet where I had sickness and diarrhea! OH MY GOD! I have never been so embarrassed in my whole life.....Apparently my baby had been lying on my inferior vena cava and restricting the bloodflow back to my heart hence I nearly passed out and other bodily functions.....:eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh dear..... But I tell ya that's only the start of it! I stayed at 4cm from admission at 2am til 10.30am. Midwife said I was in for the long haul- had epidural around 10am & said it wasn't working- as I could feel everything and was sucking like mad on gas and air- said I needed to poo.... She said I didn't... I know my body!!!!!! Cow! Anyways, yes, she'd moved way down in mins, I'd reached 9cm in mins, and she's turned giving me all the pressure, but yep I indeed needed to poo- it's so natural during delivery - most women do!!! but hubby saw all- scundered!!anyways, I had a 3rddegree year soy first week was spent discussing blood loss & poo lol so dignified!

Omg Kat - I'd have been freaking out if it was me! I think your one tough cookie to have kept it together.

Caroline - so far I've found pregnancy pretty easy. I've been so lucky not to get any sickness, so other than being excessively tired I've been fine. Yesterday me and the hubby decided on moving home, so maybe we can time it well and I can spend the 7 weeks decorating our new home :)

Leanne - I also do shifts at times. When I'm on placement I do 6-10 weeks of shift work that compromises of a mixture of different start times. It really wipes you out doesn't it. I've got 5 weeks in Uni now though, so it's only 9-4 Mon-Thurs so I'm making the most of it!

Welcome Orion :) another March baby :) Hope your pregnancy is going well and look forward to getting to know you better!

VM - you aren't selling labour to me lol ;)

It was Weigh in today. I haven't been weighed for almost a month and I've put on 2lbs. I've been yo-yoing since the beginning of pregnancy so overall I've put on 4lbs at week 20. Not sure what the norm is but I'm happy with that!

thanks a million for that! Will def try!
How do you make your speed tomato soup? I need suggestions for lunchtimes so I don't eat the unhealthy stuff in work canteen! Its just dangerous!

Literally the easiest soup in the world, we had it at tasters, I'd never have made it otherwise!!

Superspeed tomato soup

2 x 400g tins of tomatoes (1 of my tins was the garlic/herb variety)
1 tin of carrots
1 tin baked beans
1 chicken stock pot in a little bit of water to dissolve
2 x pickled onions

I also added some chilli flakes for extra flavour & salt

place all ingredients in a liqudiser or food processor then blend.
Heat as required.

Hope the groin pain isn't too bad! Deffo mention it to the midwife, she might be able to refer you to physio. Is is bad all the time? I've noticed my legs and hips get achey after lying in bed, but during the day they aren't so bad. Get your feet up on the sofa tonight!!!

I'm hoping its just the baby heading a bit southerly, hopefully he'll move and it wont be so bad but I'll deffo say something, its not too bad but it gets worse as the day goes on xx

Back