Pregnancy and Slimming World

When I was pregnant with my first I used to get cramp every night and my midwife told me to eat a banana every night before bed, never got cramp again :) apparently it's to do with a lack of potassium which bananas are full of!

Hi girls

I found out yesterday that i am pregnant with my 2nd child. So im determined to get back onto SW and make this pregnancy as healthy as i can as last time i literally ate rubbish all the way through.

Im 16st 6lbs and want to loose as much as i can and as have fibromyalgia and i struggle daily anyway so i need a massive kick up my bum as i definatly wouldnt cope being this size and heavily pregnant!

Any advice is welcome especially with how do deal with morning sickness! Xxx

Does anyone else get cramp in their legs when lying in bed?!

I'm getting it every night now! Had planned on a lie in today cos I'm working late, but have been awake since six with my legs in agony!!

I get achey pains in my leg so keep having to turn over, its so hard to get a decent nights sleep now & I've also started getting pelvic pain so it aches to turn over, nightmare!!xx

Hi everyone :)

I came on a few weeks back but I have struggled so much so far. Just eating what I can manage and when I can manage. Lost 2lb in 4 week but I don't really want to lose anymore! Just want to eat sw to be healthy.

Was in hospital last week with suspected blood clot on the lung so I've had a tough time do far.

All most 9 weeks now and wishing for 2nd tri to hurry up!!

X

B's lovely lady said:
First timer, your not the only one. I've had a really bad day, 2 massive pieces of cake... I said to my mum I'd only come for dinner if she was doing something healthy because I'm trying to be good.... She did, but she made this blooming cake and sent me home with the majority of it for my husband... I know I'll end up eating it, I have no self control!!! It's my last week at work so I'm having to make cakes for everyone, have a goodbye lunch and then a meal out Friday. Makes me feel like I just don't want to do any of it. I'm getting a lot bigger now, it's so depressing.

First timer, I was going to tell you not to worry... Maybe I should take my own advice. I just can't stop thinking about it :(

It hard just to not worry I put loads of weight on with my 2nd and ended up doing a food replacement diet to loose it I really don't want to do that this time I've 2 stone on since April a stone of that since fell preg (am16 weeks) just really want to loose some and have a nice neat bump not fat :(

I was told it was calcium too. I was waking up several times a night. Now I've started drinking more milk and having a milky drink before bed. I haven't woke up with any leg cramps which is bliss.

What ante-natal classes are you going to...I started lazydaisy and it's really good.

So in an attempt to help with my legs I've had a banana and yogurt before bed and have extra cushions for my feet! Wish me luck ladies!

Mrs CC said:
Does anyone else get cramp in their legs when lying in bed?!

I'm getting it every night now! Had planned on a lie in today cos I'm working late, but have been awake since six with my legs in agony!!

Oh I had loads of cramps- likely dehydration so drink plenty of water/ diluting juice- but I also found eating a banana or two a day helped- think its the potassium in them r something! Really works!

lilbabyfish said:
When I was pregnant with my first I used to get cramp every night and my midwife told me to eat a banana every night before bed, never got cramp again :) apparently it's to do with a lack of potassium which bananas are full of!

Oh I'm sorry I hadn't read on to see ur comment! Sorry x

I was told it was calcium too. I was waking up several times a night. Now I've started drinking more milk and having a milky drink before bed. I haven't woke up with any leg cramps which is bliss.

What ante-natal classes are you going to...I started lazydaisy and it's really good.

I've started Lazy Daisy too - I love it! I haven't booked onto the NHS ones yet but will hopefully get round to doing that this week! I'm hoping they have a January course so it's all fresh in my mind for when junior arrives! Booked onto a breastfeeding workshop on 15th December - all feeling VERY real now!!! Eeeeeek......

I renjoyed my antenatal class & breast feeding class last time, made me feel much more prepared and deffo more real, the antenatal class also helped hubs feel more prepared and ready as its a bit abstract for them sometimes as its us going through everything!! I'll miss doing them this time but dont need the antenatal class and after breastfeeding for 15 months i dont think i really need that one either!

I am 28 weeks today and officially in the second trimester, woooooo!! Feeling it though, the heartburn began last night and I'm really sore and achey, just wanna go to bed, had an early night last night and I think I'll have another tonight! Having beef ragu pasta bake tonight which I made yesterday so literally just have to top with cheese and stick in the oven, nice & easy!!xx

Just wanna say thanks to all you lovely ladies for the help with my crampy legs! The last two nights haven't been as bad thanks to my combination of bananas, dairy, water and sleeping with my feet up on a pillow!

princessnicky said:
Hi girls

I found out yesterday that i am pregnant with my 2nd child. So im determined to get back onto SW and make this pregnancy as healthy as i can as last time i literally ate rubbish all the way through.

Im 16st 6lbs and want to loose as much as i can and as have fibromyalgia and i struggle daily anyway so i need a massive kick up my bum as i definatly wouldnt cope being this size and heavily pregnant!

Any advice is welcome especially with how do deal with morning sickness! Xxx

Congrats on your good news! Just do what you can to stick to sw and eat healthy when you can. I found it hard in the first trimester and am only getting back into it now!

Nikki<3 said:
Hi everyone :)

I came on a few weeks back but I have struggled so much so far. Just eating what I can manage and when I can manage. Lost 2lb in 4 week but I don't really want to lose anymore! Just want to eat sw to be healthy.

Was in hospital last week with suspected blood clot on the lung so I've had a tough time do far.

All most 9 weeks now and wishing for 2nd tri to hurry up!!

X

Goodness it sounds like you've had a tough time! Hope you start to feel better soon!!

Mrs CC said:
Goodness it sounds like you've had a tough time! Hope you start to feel better soon!!

Feeling quite a bit better thanks Hun :)

Finally got a date for midwife, 8th November. Seems ages away! Stepped on the scales today and I'm now 1lb heavier than when I got my positive, go on holiday in 2 weeks so need some healthy eating from now until then x

Nikki<3 said:
Feeling quite a bit better thanks Hun :)

Finally got a date for midwife, 8th November. Seems ages away! Stepped on the scales today and I'm now 1lb heavier than when I got my positive, go on holiday in 2 weeks so need some healthy eating from now until then x

Is that for your booking in? It does seem quite late, mine was about 9 weeks and my scan was at 13 weeks.

Mrs CC said:
Is that for your booking in? It does seem quite late, mine was about 9 weeks and my scan was at 13 weeks.

Yeah that's for my booking in. 11 weeks exactly and then scan will be just before 14 weeks. I've called and spoke with the antenatel team at the hospital and she was great, said the test they do for downs isn't really relevant as there are many babies who have a thicker neck and the blood test will be better to determine it. She really put my mind at ease And told me to enjoy the next 6 weeks and not get stressed x

Back