Pregnancy and Slimming World

I agree - they are far cuter! I think I'd rather have a bigger baby as they look less delicate. I got scared holding my 5lb cousin! And the bigger they are the less likely they are to be ill (apparently!)

I'm on the treadmill in the gym at the moment smugly rubbing my tummy. I feel the need to hint I'm pregnant rather than just tubby lol.

Not been on here for a few days. Have been kind of SW, kind of just trying to eat healthy. Its mad how some days its so easy and others it's just so hard!

Fiona, love your scan pic!

I'm so jealous of all you ladies who haven't put much on! I'm quite pleased with how I've been doing though, I thought I would be well massive by now, but am still within the limit I set myself and I've been heavier than this weight when I wasn't pregnant! The shame!!

We had our 20 week scan this week, all was well and we found out we're having a little boy! So excited! And its's nice being able to buy little blue outfits now! Still feel very emotional about it all! Feels strange saying we're having a son!

Has anyone else had to have a GTT test? I got told I had to have one at 28 weeks cos of my BMI and I orginally thought it wouldn't be too bad, but have done some research on it and gestational diabetes and now I'm a bit concerned about it! Am hoping it will be ok, as I haven't had any other symptoms like anything in my urine, but it's really frightened me into being healthier now!

parfittaroles said:
I'm convinced I'm going to have a 9lb-der. My sister had a lovely 7lb baby but I just know I'm going to have a chubster!

My sister who weighs all of 8 stone nothing herself had an 8lbs odd baby! He is massive now, about 16lbs at 3 months and is nearly too big for his moses basket and car seat! Her OH is massive tho (about 6'7"!) so we all reckon he is gonner take after his dad!!

I'm dreading having a big baby! 7lbs will do me!

Mrs CC said:
My sister who weighs all of 8 stone nothing herself had an 8lbs odd baby! He is massive now, about 16lbs at 3 months and is nearly too big for his moses basket and car seat! Her OH is massive tho (about 6'7"!) so we all reckon he is gonner take after his dad!!

I'm dreading having a big baby! 7lbs will do me!

I was told I was having a huge baby as I'm tall and so is my husband. I was then nearly two weeks over and so expected a massive baby.....and our bby girl was only 7.2!

I've got to have the GTT this time because of the size my daughter was, they think I could have had GD last time because I was bigger then but it just wasn't picked up :(

Mrs CC said:
Not been on here for a few days. Have been kind of SW, kind of just trying to eat healthy. Its mad how some days its so easy and others it's just so hard!

I'm so jealous of all you ladies who haven't put much on! I'm quite pleased with how I've been doing though, I thought I would be well massive by now, but am still within the limit I set myself and I've been heavier than this weight when I wasn't pregnant! The shame!!

We had our 20 week scan this week, all was well and we found out we're having a little boy! So excited! And its's nice being able to buy little blue outfits now! Still feel very emotional about it all! Feels strange saying we're having a son!

Has anyone else had to have a GTT test? I got told I had to have one at 28 weeks cos of my BMI and I orginally thought it wouldn't be too bad, but have done some research on it and gestational diabetes and now I'm a bit concerned about it! Am hoping it will be ok, as I haven't had any other symptoms like anything in my urine, but it's really frightened me into being healthier now!

I had the test fine because my dad is diabetic, it came back completely fine. I know that doesn't help, but if you've had no other symptoms you should be fine. Trying to be healthier is always good too :) x

B's lovely lady said:
I had the test fine because my dad is diabetic, it came back completely fine. I know that doesn't help, but if you've had no other symptoms you should be fine. Trying to be healthier is always good too :) x

Thanks B's! I do appreciate that. I know they only do it as a precaution and I was only just over on my bmi - it was 30.1! I think I've gotten so worried about it with being so emotional after the scan, it made me feel rotten to think I could be putting my little boy at risk. If anything it's been the kick up the bum I've needed to be healthier which can only be a good thing for baby and I.

I also hate the idea of the fasting test and then having to sit there waiting for 2 hours while I'm hungry! I hate hospitals and needles as it is! I've never (touch wood!!) had anything wrong with me to the point where I've had to go to the hospital before or had so many flamming tests etc. I'm absolutely terrified of having to have a c-section or an operation and if I see anything that says I could end up having one it freaks me out!!

parfittaroles said:
I have to have the gtt test too. Not Looking forward to it as I hate going without food in the morning - it makes me feel pretty ill!

Me too! Not sure how I'll cope without my morning brew! I've asked my OH to take the day off so he can drive me to the hospital!

Hi everyone,
I’ve just booked in to have my flu jab done! Has anyone else had it and if so, did your midwife tell you about it? Mine has never mentioned a word about it to me and I’m wondering if there are other things that I should be booking in for – like diabetes testing? I probably should know all of this but I did expect that my midwife would tell me about this sort of stuff!
Is there anything else anyone can think of that I should be checking on?

Also, when do midwives start to measure our bumps?

Sorry for being so clueless and thank you for any answers xx

Ye I'm having my flu jab. The midwife asks you if you want it at your 28 week check up. You'll only need the diabetes check if your parents/siblings have it or if you've had gestational diabetes in a previous pregnancy.

Don't feel too clueless as I missed my 8 week, 16 week and 20 week check up as I wasn't given any info about when we should see the midwife either so didn't think to ask! As a first timer I don't feel they've been too helpful :(

I think one of the nurses who took my bloods mentioned the flu jab and my doctor when I had my very first appointment to say I was pregnant. Can't remember if midwife mentioned it, we went through so much - I should have made notes!!

I've also been told about whooping cough by a nurse so plan to mention it to my midwife at the 16 week check on thurs.

Nothing about diabetes - my BMI is also about 30-31. But I have no history of it in the family...

Hi girls. I am now only 6 weeks on Thursday but have my first midwife app on Wednesday (want these twelve weeks out of the way space can have my reassuring scan...i have had a blighted ovum miscarriage previously so slightly anxious at the moment) and desperate to tell my family and friends....

I wondered if second time arounders can answer me if its different than the first time? Pregnancy symptoms and when you start to show? Positive by this stage (5weeks 5 days) i was already nauseous and being sick but so far not a lot. Occasionally nauseous around 7-8pm?? This isn't helping with my anxious feelings...i am a bag of nerves :-( x

Congrats on finding out its a boy and welcome to team blue, boys are great!! It feels so much more real when you know what you're having, now you've gotta pick your name!!

We're keeping our name top secret this time but I accidentally said it infront of my sis and her other half, gutted, gotta be more careful now!!

Haven't had the GTT test but the fact that you haven't got any symptoms is a good sign!!xx

Hi everyone,
I’ve just booked in to have my flu jab done! Has anyone else had it and if so, did your midwife tell you about it? Mine has never mentioned a word about it to me and I’m wondering if there are other things that I should be booking in for – like diabetes testing? I probably should know all of this but I did expect that my midwife would tell me about this sort of stuff!
Is there anything else anyone can think of that I should be checking on?

Also, when do midwives start to measure our bumps?

Sorry for being so clueless and thank you for any answers xx

I had a letter from my docs for both my whooping cough jab and flu jab & have had them both a week or so ago, totally fine!! I had my 28 week appointment and they measured my bump for the first time but this is my second bambino so I hadn't been seen since I was 16 weeks, they might do it at your 25 week apoointment but I shouldn't think they'll do it any sooner than that!! xxx

Ye I'm having my flu jab. The midwife asks you if you want it at your 28 week check up. You'll only need the diabetes check if your parents/siblings have it or if you've had gestational diabetes in a previous pregnancy.

Don't feel too clueless as I missed my 8 week, 16 week and 20 week check up as I wasn't given any info about when we should see the midwife either so didn't think to ask! As a first timer I don't feel they've been too helpful :(

Can't believe they didn't tell you when to book a midwife appointment, my sister in law had a similar experience, she wasn't seen for ages and she rang the docs and they just said that the midwife will be in contact but they didn't for ages!!! I was lucky, they were great with me although I saw tonnes of different midwives!!xx

Hi girls. I am now only 6 weeks on Thursday but have my first midwife app on Wednesday (want these twelve weeks out of the way space can have my reassuring scan...i have had a blighted ovum miscarriage previously so slightly anxious at the moment) and desperate to tell my family and friends....

I wondered if second time arounders can answer me if its different than the first time? Pregnancy symptoms and when you start to show? Positive by this stage (5weeks 5 days) i was already nauseous and being sick but so far not a lot. Occasionally nauseous around 7-8pm?? This isn't helping with my anxious feelings...i am a bag of nerves :-( x

Congrats on your pregnancy!!! I'm sorry about the miscarriage, that must make it hard to relax and enjoy! I'm sure you're 12 week scan will come round in no time with crimbo on the way keeping us all busy! I found this pregnancy completely different to my first, felt much much more sick and tired so thought I may be having a girl as it was so different but I'm having another boy! Sending lots of positive good vibes your way!!xx

Back