Pregnancy and Slimming World

Laura - I remember the long wait to get to 12 weeks, it seemed to take forever. We found out by chance when I was 4 weeks so it was a long time. To be honest it dragged until week 14, then it started flying by. I'm 21 weeks and now I'm over half way it feels like its come round really quickly! Wishing you lots of luck and positive thinking :) won't be long until your dating scan!

Kate - its just as well I found out that I have to book a 24 week appt or i'd be missing another one too!

Hi Laura

Sorry to hear of your miscarriage xxxxx

I'm 14 weeks with baby number 2 and this time I've had no morning sickness at all yet with my daughter I was vomiting up till day I delivered.
On both occasions I've had a huge belly by 8 weeks and it never goes down lol :)
As far as really comparing I've been so busy with Imogen who will be 2 in jan I've sort of just realised I'm 14 weeks already lol.
Hope you're taking things easy xxx

My sister has booked me tickets for my crimbo pressie as I don't exactly want clothes or anything as I will be 37 weeks pregnant!! I think its Girls Aloud which will be really fun although I don't listen to a lot of music generally so will have to start listening a bit more! We'd talked about tickets somewhere and I'd said nothing too early in the year because I'll have the baby and will be breastfeeding which is pretty constant at first and she's booked for the end of Feb, I'm due 15th Jan so potentially if I go 2 weeks over I could have a 4 week old, not really ideal!! They don't recommend you express straight away, its only in Brum & she'll drive us there and back but I feel rather nervous about it! She totally booked it because she wanted to go see them and doesn't get what having a newborn is like, hopefully it'll be fine and he wont be late and I'll have feeding well established by then, don't want to sound ungrateful, just had to get that out, anyways, how is everyone??xx

Skonions said:
My sister has booked me tickets for my crimbo pressie as I don't exactly want clothes or anything as I will be 37 weeks pregnant!! I think its Girls Aloud which will be really fun although I don't listen to a lot of music generally so will have to start listening a bit more! We'd talked about tickets somewhere and I'd said nothing too early in the year because I'll have the baby and will be breastfeeding which is pretty constant at first and she's booked for the end of Feb, I'm due 15th Jan so potentially if I go 2 weeks over I could have a 4 week old, not really ideal!! They don't recommend you express straight away, its only in Brum & she'll drive us there and back but I feel rather nervous about it! She totally booked it because she wanted to go see them and doesn't get what having a newborn is like, hopefully it'll be fine and he wont be late and I'll have feeding well established by then, don't want to sound ungrateful, just had to get that out, anyways, how is everyone??xx

Hope you get to go! I had looked at tickets for girls aloud but it's around when I'm due so decided against it! Gutted!

Katerpillar said:
Hi everyone,
I've just booked in to have my flu jab done! Has anyone else had it and if so, did your midwife tell you about it? Mine has never mentioned a word about it to me and I'm wondering if there are other things that I should be booking in for - like diabetes testing? I probably should know all of this but I did expect that my midwife would tell me about this sort of stuff!
Is there anything else anyone can think of that I should be checking on?

Also, when do midwives start to measure our bumps?

Sorry for being so clueless and thank you for any answers xx

My midwife mentioned the flu jab and the dr's surgery sent me a letter about it too. Generally my MW is good with appointments and things, she books me in straight away after each appointment. The hospital are flamming useless, booked me in for the mw for my 20 week check when I should've seen the consultant, now I need to go back next week to see them! It doesn't help I see someone different there every time!

I have to have the GTT test cos of my BMI, most places will only offer it if you have a family history of diabetes, a high bmi, baby is measuring big or something shows in your bloods or urine. So don't worry if you haven't been offered it. It just means all is ok!

I am changing my attitude and actually going to commit to doing slimming world rather than faffing about with it as i have been for the last 5 weeks! 2 lbs in 5 weeks - i usually lose 5 lbs in 2 weeks!! So having read this inspirational story http://group.slimmingworld.com/success-stories/rebecca-fyfe.aspx I am setting myself a goal of being at the top of my healthy weight range by the time baby is due in 24 weeks. That means losing 38.5 lbs which is about 1.6 lbs a week - healthy and a reasonable amount to aim for. I need to start taking this seriously or soon i will start gaining for sure. Rant to myself over.... Back to planning my food diary for today....

margarino said:
I am changing my attitude and actually going to commit to doing slimming world rather than faffing about with it as i have been for the last 5 weeks! 2 lbs in 5 weeks - i usually lose 5 lbs in 2 weeks!! So having read this inspirational story http://group.slimmingworld.com/success-stories/rebecca-fyfe.aspx I am setting myself a goal of being at the top of my healthy weight range by the time baby is due in 24 weeks. That means losing 38.5 lbs which is about 1.6 lbs a week - healthy and a reasonable amount to aim for. I need to start taking this seriously or soon i will start gaining for sure. Rant to myself over.... Back to planning my food diary for today....

Crikey! That's a brave goal! Wishing you lots of luck hun :) I wish I had that kind of determination :)

margarino said:

I am the same have given myself a swift kick up the rear end. Not so much to drop weight but really keep an eye on what's going on. I'd rather it was baby and not cake weight!! X

margarino said:

Well done for being so positive! I love your attitude!!! :) I'm trying for the last 4 weeks to be more on plan too... I can just feel myself starting to not care anymore and I think I could end up gaining a lot!! I think as long as I'm trying I won't beat myself up about it!!

Ye I'm having my flu jab. The midwife asks you if you want it at your 28 week check up. You'll only need the diabetes check if your parents/siblings have it or if you've had gestational diabetes in a previous pregnancy.

Don't feel too clueless as I missed my 8 week, 16 week and 20 week check up as I wasn't given any info about when we should see the midwife either so didn't think to ask! As a first timer I don't feel they've been too helpful :(

Thank you! Can't beleive that you weren't told about going to see the midwife! That is a massive oversight on their behalf! Did you make a complaint? I thought mine were a bit incosiderate rushing me in and out and not giving me info on certain things - but at least I got to see mine! Pleased you are all sorted now thoigh :D

I think one of the nurses who took my bloods mentioned the flu jab and my doctor when I had my very first appointment to say I was pregnant. Can't remember if midwife mentioned it, we went through so much - I should have made notes!!

I've also been told about whooping cough by a nurse so plan to mention it to my midwife at the 16 week check on thurs.

Nothing about diabetes - my BMI is also about 30-31. But I have no history of it in the family...

Thanks for that - I will check with my midwfe at my 28 week appt about the whoopiong cough one - good call :D

I had a letter from my docs for both my whooping cough jab and flu jab & have had them both a week or so ago, totally fine!! I had my 28 week appointment and they measured my bump for the first time but this is my second bambino so I hadn't been seen since I was 16 weeks, they might do it at your 25 week apoointment but I shouldn't think they'll do it any sooner than that!! xxx

Arrrrr OK so they will probably measure me at my 28 week appointment - thought they would do it sooner from other forums I have been on but I'm not overly concerned about that. It's the jabs that I am most concerned about but think I've got them all listed now. Thanks for the info :D

My midwife mentioned the flu jab and the dr's surgery sent me a letter about it too. Generally my MW is good with appointments and things, she books me in straight away after each appointment. The hospital are flamming useless, booked me in for the mw for my 20 week check when I should've seen the consultant, now I need to go back next week to see them! It doesn't help I see someone different there every time!

I have to have the GTT test cos of my BMI, most places will only offer it if you have a family history of diabetes, a high bmi, baby is measuring big or something shows in your bloods or urine. So don't worry if you haven't been offered it. It just means all is ok!

Thank you :D Hope your appointment goes well next week!

You sound really fired up and positive, good luck!!!!

I've set my goal as gaining 1 stone as that is the recommended weight gain in pregnancy for my bmi rather than aiming to lose weight! Hoping that when I have the baby I will be around the same as when I got pregnant, looking forward to a great loss that week and deffo want slimmer of the month, lol!! When I first read that 1 stone was the recommended amount I thought there was no chance but once I got over the morning sickness I've found it easy to stick to plan most of the time & am still 2.5 lbs less than when I found out I was preggers at 29 weeks, just hope I don't ruin it come christmas, lol!!!xx

Can I join you girls on losing weight and keeping gain down I am 17 weeks and have put on 11lbs so far starting to look at plan properly now and really want to loose some weight is anyone doing a food diary I could peek at?

margarino said:

Good luck hun! I'm also not aiming to lose, just aiming to be as healthy as I can (getting my recommended amounts of everything) and not putting on too much weight. But am trying my best to stick to plan!

First timer, I did do a diary on here but find it too much of a faff to update! Plus it would literally have 2-3 good days, then 2-3 rubbish ones! I felt a bit of a sham doing it half heartedly!

I went to the gym today for the first time in two months. It was better than I expected but still hard work! I'm showing now so don't feel as self conscious about looking like I'm not working very hard like I did when I first found out! I'll need fo get some new gym kit tho! My leggings had to sit under my bump and my t-shirts are all a bit tight across bump! Looked like I was squashing into clothes a size too small with my bump hanging out!

first timer said:
Can I join you girls on losing weight and keeping gain down I am 17 weeks and have put on 11lbs so far starting to look at plan properly now and really want to loose some weight is anyone doing a food diary I could peek at?

Of course first timer! Congratulations! I've got a food diary - it's called diary of an air hostess, but to be honest, I don't really do it that often.... and I don't always list all the bad stuff I eat ;)

Ofcourse you can join us, everyone struggles at the start of pregnancy with morning sickness etc so sure you can do well from now on!! I have a food diary , the links in my signature if you wanna take a peek xxx

Thanks for all the support ladies! Had a reasonably good day today. Had cereal this morning, then cut up some apples into pieces to have throughout the day. Made a potato, chickpea and tuna salad for lunch. Then got home after going on a visit to another local authority (3 hours round trip!!) and was quite hungry... Luckily instead of going for the usual junk (choc, sweets or crisps) or carbs, i had some chicken instead which was really filling and kept my syns down :) Tonight going to have chicken wrapped in parma ham with veg... I CAN DO THIS! ;)

I looked at my yellow SW book and I've gained 2 Lbs in 14 weeks I don't know if that's good or bad? Any thoughts girls. Have been off plan way more than on it since I found out was pregnant!! X

FionaMcd said:
I looked at my yellow SW book and I've gained 2 Lbs in 14 weeks I don't know if that's good or bad? Any thoughts girls. Have been off plan way more than on it since I found out was pregnant!! X

I think that's ok, they say about 2-5lbs in the first trimester. I'd only gained 2 by the time I was 14 weeks but then it steadily came on... But I haven't always been good!!! X

Back