Pregnancy and Slimming World

margarino said:
That seems very little. I've been using these calculators to get my head around how much i am likely to gain: Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator and Pregnancy weight gain estimator

I just checked these.... I'm right at the top end of the weight gain!!! Eeeek!! Actually on the first site I was 1lb over the maximum I should have gained. 4 more weeks.... I really do not want to have gained more than 2 half stone... He cannot be late!!! The second site made me feel a bit better, saying where the actual weight goes, thanks for putting up the links xx

margarino said:
That seems very little. I've been using these calculators to get my head around how much i am likely to gain: Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator and Pregnancy weight gain estimator

Ha ha ha! I'm only meant to put on a stone! I'm nearly there now! I did set myself a limit of 2 stone tho which I'm happy about.

My achey legs are back! I was in agony yesterday evening and they were so sore in bed last night! I'm worried it was the gym yesterday! At least food wise I've been pretty healthy!

I am 26 weeks and I have gained 18lbs so far! It says that is at the high end of normal on that link - I can live with that but I am really hoping not to put on much more than 2 stone if I can help it.....don't think the KFC last night helped though :eek:

I have so much willopwer during the day - I have been bringing salad into work and snacking on fruit and then as soon as it's home time the greedy monster seems to rear his ugly head! Trying to keep him at bay though!

I'm within the gain range given by calculator. So not to stressy. Only supposed to gain 15ish lbs at due date as I'm technically over weight. Aaaah better reign in the treats!! X

Omg I checked out them links and I have def put on too much weight already right think its time to take drastic action exercise and sw commitment here I come

Hi girls

Thanks for all your positive thoughts ;-) i have done a record 5 pregnancy tests (yes i am obsessed) and glad to say that its now showing up as pregnant within 30 seconds and very dark Yey!! I had my midwife booking app and my scan date of 12/12/12 ;-) cannot wait and hope the time flies.

Thanks for the pregnancy weight gain link. So far i am 3lbs below normal weight range being 6 wks and said my projected gain was between 1st 11lbs to 2stone 4lbs. I think with Molly i gained just a little over 2stone and i remember popping in at my mothers house the next day on the way home from the hospital and had jumped on the scales and already lost over a stone. Its crazy that, that much weight is amotic fluid, placenta and baby isn't it. Xx

Daisyhappy! said:
Hi everyone this tread is going to prove invaluable to me, i haven't had time to really read all the posts but i found out just the other day that Im 7 weeks pregnant.
I had joined SW a few weeks ago but didn't go on Monday as i felt so sick-makes sense now-
Im just a few pounds lighter than i was when i got pregnant with my daughter two years ago but Im really hoping i can lose weight during this pregnancy, is this even possible? I put on three stone last time :(
Really hoping to find some inspiration here.
Congratulations to all!

Hi and congratulations.

I am just behind u at 6 weeks and my daughter has just turned 3 xx

Daisyhappy! said:
Hi everyone this tread is going to prove invaluable to me, i haven't had time to really read all the posts but i found out just the other day that Im 7 weeks pregnant.
I had joined SW a few weeks ago but didn't go on Monday as i felt so sick-makes sense now-
Im just a few pounds lighter than i was when i got pregnant with my daughter two years ago but Im really hoping i can lose weight during this pregnancy, is this even possible? I put on three stone last time :(
Really hoping to find some inspiration here.
Congratulations to all!

Hi!! Congratulations!! X

margarino said:
Congratulations Laura and Daisyhappy!
I'm sure the time will go quickly for you, it seems like only yesterday i was peeing on the stick and squealing with joy as the two lines appeared! :)

I second that - welcome girlies :)

Although in my case it was peeing on three sticks and not quite believing it until I bought a digital one which said 'pregnant' lol x

Welcome to the new bumps!!! Get used to peeing!

If you are not up 3 times a night you are peeing in a pot for your midwife! Lol xxx

margarino said:
Am I the only one who manages to get pee everywhere but inside the pot?

Maybe I should not be posting this on a public forum!!! :D Well I gotta get used to having no shame sometime before the birth ;)

Nope.... I struggle with this too!!! Lol!!!

margarino said:
Am I the only one who manages to get pee everywhere but inside the pot?

Maybe I should not be posting this on a public forum!!! :D Well I gotta get used to having no shame sometime before the birth ;)

Oh no definitely not. This is second baba and I still haven't managed to master those dreaded pee pots :) x

I used to pee into a small plastic cup, and then it'd pour in nicely and don't have to worry bout spillage's x

oasis6918 said:
I used to pee into a small plastic cup, and then it'd pour in nicely and don't have to worry bout spillage's x

I use a cup for samples, pregnancy tests etc. I'm quite ashamed to admit i kept the one I had my bfp in for a while!

Back