Pregnancy and Slimming World

Skonions said:
I went ALL night without having to get up to pee, woooooooooooooooooo woooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!1 I feel like a new woman!! I was clearly that exhausted from having to get up 3 or 4 times the night before I just didn't wake!!! Very happy!!!!!

17 shifts left at work and counting and then I'll be able to get some proper rest hopefully!!!

I missed my 2 ebay parcels which are 2 maternity dresses for crimbo party and to wear christmas day, then I forgot to give hubs the cards so he could pick them up from the sorting office on his way home damn it, I hope they're nice, they were both bargains!!!! Love Ebay!!!!xx

Woohoo! Love a full night sleep!! Hate to be the bearer of bad news but even now I'm on maternity leave, I still can't sleep properly!! :( I'm awake for hours in the night, but it does mean I don't need to get up early after I eventually get back to sleep!

On a better note - I started my countdown at work from 18 days left, and it went so quickly!!! You'll be home before you know it!!! :) xxxx

Woohoo! Love a full night sleep!! Hate to be the bearer of bad news but even now I'm on maternity leave, I still can't sleep properly!! :( I'm awake for hours in the night, but it does mean I don't need to get up early after I eventually get back to sleep!

On a better note - I started my countdown at work from 18 days left, and it went so quickly!!! You'll be home before you know it!!! :) xxxx

Yeah I know I wont be able to sleep that well, I remember it from last time, so frustrating when you're knackered!! It'll be lovely not having to get up for work though, I'm so tired by the end of the day and I get really uncomfortable and sore sitting at my desk all day so it'll be nice to spend a bit more time on the sofa if the little one will let me!!

I actually finish 5 weeks tomorrow and I've just booked a days leave to go to the crimbo market in Birmingham so after today I'll have just 15 shifts left at work, woooo woooo!!!xx

Skonions said:
Sneaky, its a nightmare trying to explain why you're not drinking, I used slimming world as an excuse which fooled most people! Good luck for your scan, not long now, I bet you can't wait!!!

I had lots of rest and lie ins the first time around, it was so much easier but at least this time we know what to expect!xx

Thank you and no 3 weeks today and counting ;-)

Well i dont know what's better in terms of labour...not knowing or knowing what to expect lol ;-) x

lilbabyfish said:
Not knowing is definately better in terms of labour as my first was horrendous and now I'm petrified for this one!

Snap!! I wish I could wipe my mind clean. All my girlfriends has perfect labours and then I came along :) x

I feel sorry for those of you that had horrible labours, hopefully it'll be much better this time and its definitely worth it! Mine was quite straightforward apart from being left on the antenatal ward as they thought I was going to be ages and then when they next checked me I was 10cm and hubs had to rush back in and Freddie was born half an hour later, I'd have been gutted if he'd have missed it!

Hoping that its straightforward again this time, I've got to have an internal scan at 35 weeks though as my placenta was growing near to my cervix and if it grows down and covers it I'd have to have a ceaserean which I really don't want but the scanogroper said that was very unlikely as most grow up so I'm sticking that to the back of my mind and hoping I get a nice natural birth again!!!xx

My labour was straight forward. Go in hospital for 4.30am although midwife was adamant i wasn't in "established labour" an hour later she agreed to a pethadin... Half an hour after that i had it (6am) half an hour after that waters broke and she checked me and i was 7cm and an hour after that i was fully dilated. 10 minutes and 6 pushes and Molly was born ;-) xx

FionaMcd said:
Snap!! I wish I could wipe my mind clean. All my girlfriends has perfect labours and then I came along :) x

It's horrible isn't it! I was so laid back with my first pregnancy wasn't scared by labour and birth at all and said all along I'd just take it as it comes and then got scarred for life! Straight after I said never again but here I am! I've already had nightmares and tears to my midwife! X

lilbabyfish said:
It's horrible isn't it! I was so laid back with my first pregnancy wasn't scared by labour and birth at all and said all along I'd just take it as it comes and then got scarred for life! Straight after I said never again but here I am! I've already had nightmares and tears to my midwife! X

I've kicked off so much I have my own consultant lol. I have shed many many tears over my first labour and birth. So scared this time :( x

lilbabyfish said:

Ooh dear really sorry to hear about your labour but the chances of it being so horrendous a second time around are slim. Hope it gives u some comfort because u don't need the stress of it now. Hope I haven't started something with my original question :'( sorry x

Just to be a complete fruit loop I am actually looking forward to labour! I am dying to see what it’s all about and how I handle it! :D Fingers crossed for a smooth one ha ha! Hope we are all blessed with lovely labours and as soon as we hold out little ones the pain is forgotten!!!

This will be my 3rd baby my first labour was long but ok second was really quick if I hadn't if been in hospital I'd of delivered at home I was shocked after my second cause was so quick and took me a while for shock to pass I'd also been told at 36 weeks that it was a girl only for it to be a boy so I was doubly shocked!! This time my only worry or concern is that ill make it to hospital in time to deliver lol am going take labour as it comes and hopefully it will go fine I actually like the thought of going into labour means I get to see my baby and see if it girl/boy.

Suppose my advice would be to try stay calm before labour and not worry to much because you really don't have much control over how it goes.

first timer said:
Suppose my advice would be to try stay calm before labour and not worry to much because you really don't have much control over how it goes.

I'm using this advice!! My hubby said today he can't believe how calm I am about the labour - but tbh, I'm just not thinking about it!! I've done all the ante natal classes and research and now I'm trying to just think about meeting my baby and not the pain..... I guess it being my first baby I can be blasé about it!!!

Just to be a complete fruit loop I am actually looking forward to labour! I am dying to see what it’s all about and how I handle it! :D Fingers crossed for a smooth one ha ha! Hope we are all blessed with lovely labours and as soon as we hold out little ones the pain is forgotten!!!

I'm actually looking forward to labour as well!! I was lucky my first one was ok & its such an amazing experience giving birth and holding your baby for the first time!! I know it hurt like hell and I'm sure when I'm experiencing contractions again I'll be thinking I was nuts to look forward to it but I really am!!xx

FionaMcd said:
I've kicked off so much I have my own consultant lol. I have shed many many tears over my first labour and birth. So scared this time :( x

I'm seeing a consultant too when I go for my 20 week scan to 'put a plan of action in place'! X

Laura_carlburgess said:
Ooh dear really sorry to hear about your labour but the chances of it being so horrendous a second time around are slim. Hope it gives u some comfort because u don't need the stress of it now. Hope I haven't started something with my original question :'( sorry x

I hope so and don't worry hun it's always on my mind anyway! At least they know where and how things went wrong so if they see the signs I'll probably just have to have a section x

Staying calm is deffo good advice and just take things as they come because you can't plan your labour! I remember being so impatient at the end, I just couldn't wait for it to start and was convinced that every little twinge was gonna be the start of things!! Also you get everyone messaging you asking if things have started which doesn't help but I've been guilty of doing the same thing to pregnant friends!! A friend on twitter had a few contractions the other day and her show and she's just waiting impatiently now going for lots of walks waiting for it to kick off for real!! I remember being so dissapointed on my due date when nothing happened as you count down to it for so long so its really strange if it just passes you by, it feels like christmas, you wanna wake up with a baby at the end of your bed, lol!! Mine started the evening after though so I didn't have too long to wait!!Xx

Back