Pregnancy and Slimming World

Katerpillar said:
Hi ladies,
I'm struggling too! I can't stop eating!! And I'm eating out THREE times this week....typical! I am going to scour the menus of the places we are going and look to make the best choices possible!

I am officially in the third and final trimester today (I think! - seems to be a lot of varying opinions as to when this starts but I am 28 weeks today so going to say I am!) :D I have officially put on 19lsb since falling pregnant. Hoping to keep the gain under 28lbs but klnow the baby grows a lot in this trimester so we shall see!

Starting to panic a bit now to be honest! It all seems to be going so fast. Still so much to do and buy!
Anyway, hope you are all feeling tip top and have a lovely week xx

Yay, 3rd trimester!!! I remember being in your position, and yes it does go really quickly!!! I think your doing really well and with only 12 more weeks to go you could easily keep gain to 28lbs. Don't worry too much if you go a couple over though xxx

Congratulations to both of you two new pregnant ladies!!! :)

I think you are recommended to do the EE plan and have 2 hea and 2 heb. I'm vegetarian so nothing has changed for me but I think this is what sw recommend (please correct me if I'm wrong!!!)

Jadelouise91x said:
Haha very close indeed! How you feeling at this stage?? Is it your first?

Aw no how come?? x

I'm feeling pretty good at the mo, it's my 2nd I've got a little girl who's 2 :) I just can't be bothered anymore tbh! Just want to enjoy my pregnancy and not stress about diet, can always lose whatever I put on x x

Hi girls.

So i am 7 weeks + 4 days and feeling rotton...sickness all day every day ranging from the hungover roly poly belly sickness to full blown "woh i am going to be sick at any moment" however only been sick twice so far. The only time i dont feel sick is in bed :-(

I went to the doctors today and got some tablets whilst i was there, he said come on might as well give you your flu jab. Gave me a muscle ache in my arm lol.

Really struggling with sw because i really can't fancy anything to eat and i usually love pineapple, strawberries and apples but can't get myself motivated to eat it and stomach it. X

I have no idea what my problem is :( think just lost all motivation. I've looked at the week menu plan on SW website and going to follow that for whole week :). Good luck at weigh in, aside from your little blip how are you finding it? X

I hate it when you have something with syns and don't enjoy it, really riles me!! We all lose our motivation at times, I really struggled at the start but I'm really good now, I make sure I plan really tasty SW meals, lots of variety so I don't get bored and sometimes we'll go out or something and I might go a bit over but I'm not stressing about it because I'm pregnant and last time my diet was nowhere near as healthy as it is now, so happy with how its going so far just hope I can carry it on and that everyone else struggling can find their way back on plan again xxx

Hi ladies,
I'm struggling too! I can't stop eating!! And I'm eating out THREE times this week....typical! I am going to scour the menus of the places we are going and look to make the best choices possible!

I am officially in the third and final trimester today (I think! - seems to be a lot of varying opinions as to when this starts but I am 28 weeks today so going to say I am!) :D I have officially put on 19lsb since falling pregnant. Hoping to keep the gain under 28lbs but klnow the baby grows a lot in this trimester so we shall see!

Starting to panic a bit now to be honest! It all seems to be going so fast. Still so much to do and buy!
Anyway, hope you are all feeling tip top and have a lovely week xx

I eat out quite often, but some evenings out or take-aways and I'm not gonna stress about it but just make the best choice available and enjoy my food, I always think that before slimming world I'd have totally been ordering the creamy cheesey sauces, with garlic bread, starters puddings, loads of stuff and would have been loads of syns! Now I'm making the better choices and yeah they might go over a bit but its much better and thats the main thing!! Most importantly 3 evening meals out sounds like great fun, enjoy!!xxx

Hi girls.

So i am 7 weeks + 4 days and feeling rotton...sickness all day every day ranging from the hungover roly poly belly sickness to full blown "woh i am going to be sick at any moment" however only been sick twice so far. The only time i dont feel sick is in bed :-(

I went to the doctors today and got some tablets whilst i was there, he said come on might as well give you your flu jab. Gave me a muscle ache in my arm lol.

Really struggling with sw because i really can't fancy anything to eat and i usually love pineapple, strawberries and apples but can't get myself motivated to eat it and stomach it. X

We all struggle at the start, just do the best you can, eat what you need to to keep the sickness at bay and then once it passes (which i hope is soon) you can get back to it :)

Skonions said:
We all struggle at the start, just do the best you can, eat what you need to to keep the sickness at bay and then once it passes (which i hope is soon) you can get back to it :)

Thanks for the advice i need to not stress about it. I always have 2 trimesters to be good...ish! ;-)

Went to taybarns today as my mum wanted to go so took my nan and daughter. I actually didn't do too bad, i had a nice big salad with a piece of fish (battered though) and some pasta...did have one of their hot sponges thou ;-) haven't eaten since as still stuffed. So not too bad. Can't decide on tuna jacket potato and salad tonight or pasta bake with salad. X

Skonions said:
Mmmmmmmm, a hot sponge pud sounds amazing!! I've just been ordering the food for my sons 2nd birthday party buffet & its not at all SW friendly but its just cheaper & easier to order normal naughty buffet food that everyone will expect, eeeeeeeek, I'll try not to eat too much xx

Ooh sounds Yummy i love buffet food ;-) i am certainly going to enjoy myself over xmas as we love our boxing dat buffet in my house ;-) the hot sponge was lemon so even better ;-) x

Laura_carlburgess said:
Ooh sounds Yummy i love buffet food ;-) i am certainly going to enjoy myself over xmas as we love our boxing dat buffet in my house ;-) the hot sponge was lemon so even better ;-) x

I'm the same - love love love buffet food!!!!!! I saw in m&s they had their party food out already, I'm veggie and I love their Brie and cranberry filo parcels!!! Will def be getting some of them!!! Btw, I can't stop think about treacle sponge and custard since you mentioned having hot sponge.... Yum!!!

Hi Everyone :D

I Would love to Join you all on this Thread..I've been Doing SW For 11 Months now and i've Discovered i'm roughly 6 Weeks Pregnant by my Calculations with my Second Baby. Been to Group Tonight and had a Chat with my C about continuing on Plan and ive got all the Info i need..just need to Clear things with My Midwife i'm due to meet this Coming Monday to get the Go-ahead and its all Systems Go :D

My last Pregnancy was kinda Fraught with Complications on Different Levels but 1 Huge thing was my Weight..i was around this Weight when i had my Son 3 Years ago and continued to Gain a Further 5 Stone in the Next 2 Years. I Do Not wish to make the Same Mistakes again..

My Original Target Loss was 12 Stones..Now My Main Goal would be to Keep the 5 Stone i've already Lost off and find out what would be a Healthy & Safe loss in the Weeks/Months Coming, i Really Want to be as Healthy as i Can be throught my Pregnancy & Beyond..

I Hope you are all Well & Good & Enjoying your Pregnancies..And look forward to Sharing/Recieving any Moral Support/Advice etc in the Future..:)

lg-24-12 said:
Hi Everyone :D

I Would love to Join you all on this Thread..I've been Doing SW For 11 Months now and i've Discovered i'm roughly 6 Weeks Pregnant by my Calculations with my Second Baby. Been to Group Tonight and had a Chat with my C about continuing on Plan and ive got all the Info i need..just need to Clear things with My Midwife i'm due to meet this Coming Monday to get the Go-ahead and its all Systems Go :D

My last Pregnancy was kinda Fraught with Complications on Different Levels but 1 Huge thing was my Weight..i was around this Weight when i had my Son 3 Years ago and continued to Gain a Further 5 Stone in the Next 2 Years. I Do Not wish to make the Same Mistakes again..

My Original Target Loss was 12 Stones..Now My Main Goal would be to Keep the 5 Stone i've already Lost off and find out what would be a Healthy & Safe loss in the Weeks/Months Coming, i Really Want to be as Healthy as i Can be throught my Pregnancy & Beyond..

I Hope you are all Well & Good & Enjoying your Pregnancies..And look forward to Sharing/Recieving any Moral Support/Advice etc in the Future..:)

Hi lg, congratulations and welcome to the thread ;) You'll get lots of support on here. It can be hard during pregnancy to stick to eating well - as you must know from last time, but I think the sw plan is so varied it makes things easier!! ..... If only I wasn't so obsessed with chocolate at the moment!!! Good luck xxx

Just eaten 3 cheesy oatcakes for breakfast. Its official pregnancy does strange things too me...i would never eat cheesy oatcakes....more Llike bacon, tomato and cheese oatcakes....hmmm maybe tomorrow!

God help me! Haha

Laura_carlburgess said:
Just eaten 3 cheesy oatcakes for breakfast. Its official pregnancy does strange things too me...i would never eat cheesy oatcakes....more Llike bacon, tomato and cheese oatcakes....hmmm maybe tomorrow!

God help me! Haha

Don't know what an oatcake is but sounds gooooood :)

Hi lg, congratulations and welcome to the thread ;) You'll get lots of support on here. It can be hard during pregnancy to stick to eating well - as you must know from last time, but I think the sw plan is so varied it makes things easier!! ..... If only I wasn't so obsessed with chocolate at the moment!!! Good luck xxx

Thank You :)

I'm loving SW..There is Huge Variety and i Never Feel Hungry..now that i'm Pregnant i'm Sure that i can stick well to Plan & having the Extra A&B Choice will help aswell...but i'm Craving Choc Spread and i'm not even Sweet Toothed lol

Hope your Feeling Well & Good in your Pregnancy x

Hey guys, decided to join this thread! Was doing sw since August (and a few times before that :-/) just found out I'm pregnant, about 6 1/2 weeks :) hope all you ladies are coping well with sickness! I just want comfort food after the sickness has gone! I've done SW for both my pregnancies and I was never told of having 2 a's and 2 b's?? You only get an extra a with breast feeding. That's what my consultant told me as its such a healthy way of eating there is no need?! So confused! Lol x

Last edited:
K9KT said:
Hey guys, decided to join this thread! Was doing sw since August (and a few times before that :-/) just found out I'm pregnant, about 6 1/2 weeks :) hope all you ladies are coping well with sickness! I just want comfort food when sickness strikes! I've done SW for both my pregnancies and I was never told of having 2 a's and 2 b's?? You only get an extra a with breast feeding. That's what my consultant told me as its such a healthy way of eating there is no need?! So confused! Lol x

Congratulations!! I totally get what you mean about wanting comfort food!!!

I don't go to class but from what everyone has said you do get the extra healthy extras. I'm nearly due so I've been looking at the breastfeeding thread, it says on there you get 5 or 6healthy extras when your breastfeeding.... Confusing!! I may have to start going to class after the baby!! X

Congratulations to you too :) now I am so confused , I did classes when I was breast feeding and I was only allowed 1 extra a! I was so deprived! Lol ill have to ask my consultant at my next class :) x

K9KT said:
Congratulations to you too :) now I am so confused , I did classes when I was breast feeding and I was only allowed 1 extra a! I was so deprived! Lol ill have to ask my consultant at my next class :) x

Id go by what you know hun - that's just from what I've read, I've never been to classes xx

Back