Pregnancy and Slimming World

Oh my god! Sickness has hit me like a tonne of bricks! Can't even function I feel nauseous from the minute I wake until I go to bed! My first wasn't this bad, or maybe I can't remember! All I can say is I'm gonna give birth to one hairy baby!!! How do you all cope with sickness?? :-(

I'm a sad girl. I've managed to put on 2lbs in 3 days and I have stuck to plan so well so I think I'm putting those STUPID scales away for rest of pregnancy. It's just making me upset!! :( x

Oh my god! Sickness has hit me like a tonne of bricks! Can't even function I feel nauseous from the minute I wake until I go to bed! My first wasn't this bad, or maybe I can't remember! All I can say is I'm gonna give birth to one hairy baby!!! How do you all cope with sickness?? :-(

Oh no, how rubbish!!! I was much worse this time but not as bad as you by the sounds of it! I had to eat all the time to keep it at bay and it wasn't overly SW friendly but it wasn't for too long, lots of toast!! If its really bad the docs can give you anti-sickness stuff! Hope it passes soon!!xxx

I'm a sad girl. I've managed to put on 2lbs in 3 days and I have stuck to plan so well so I think I'm putting those STUPID scales away for rest of pregnancy. It's just making me upset!! :( x

If its gonna upset you definitely put the scales away!! If you wanna keep an eye on it you should only weigh yourself once a week around the same time of the day & I always make sure I'm wearing similar clothes and there's a big difference in the weigh of jeans and leggings!! Your weight fluctuate loads within the week and you've gotta remember you've got a gorgeous baby growing inside you so the baby has probably had a growth spurt never mind all the waters and extra blood you have in your body when you're pregnant, don't stress!! If you're sticking to plan when you can then you're doing the best for you and you're baby and should be proud of that!!!xxxxxx

FionaMcd said:

Fiona, try not to worry. Some weeks you'll put on weight and others you won't. Just try your best. Your pregnant, don't let it get you down. Sw is not only good for you but such good food for your baby top. Don't be upset xxx

K9KT said:

I feel awful today too. I've got a pounding headache and feel really sick too :( I slept so badly last night I think that's why. I really wanted to batch cook loads of sw food today but I think I'm good for nothing but laying down today :( I found during the first trimester eating toast helped....

I feel awful today too. I've got a pounding headache and feel really sick too :( I slept so badly last night I think that's why. I really wanted to batch cook loads of sw food today but I think I'm good for nothing but laying down today :( I found during the first trimester eating toast helped....

Sorry you're feeling so rubbish, I hate days like that, the rubbish nights sleep are making me feel crappy too, finish work 3 weeks tomorrow & it can't come quick enough!! Deffo planning lots of batch cooking if I feel up to it!! How long have you got left now, you're next aren't you?? Very exciting!!xx

Skonions said:
Sorry you're feeling so rubbish, I hate days like that, the rubbish nights sleep are making me feel crappy too, finish work 3 weeks tomorrow & it can't come quick enough!! Deffo planning lots of batch cooking if I feel up to it!! How long have you got left now, you're next aren't you?? Very exciting!!xx

I've been sleeping okish since I finished work - obviously still getting up for toilet but managing to get back to sleep, but last night was awful!! I feel hungover today!! Hopefully you'll be able to sleep better once you've finished work. I've got 10 days left....although I'm thinking it'll be longer!! Hope your not feeling too crappy today! Xxx

I've been sleeping okish since I finished work - obviously still getting up for toilet but managing to get back to sleep, but last night was awful!! I feel hungover today!! Hopefully you'll be able to sleep better once you've finished work. I've got 10 days left....although I'm thinking it'll be longer!! Hope your not feeling too crappy today! Xxx

I've had rubbish sleep recently but I've always struggled to drop off and being so uncomfortable doesn't help! I'm usually ok getting back to sleep if I've been up to pee though! Last night and the night before weren't too bad, did go to bed mega early though!!

10 days bloody hell that is close, baby will be here in no time!!! I hate the fact that you count down to your due date though & in most cases nothing happens, hope you don't go too much over, you never know, baby might surprise you & come early!! This is your first isn't it? What I'd do is pop some places spur of the moment and go to some really pram unfriendly places as these things will be a thing of the past soon!! Soooooo worth it hough!!xxx

Thank you ladies! Feel a little better today not as sick managed a cup of tea but just want to eat stodgy stuff but then when I go to make it makes me feel sick! :-(

B's lovely lady said:

I know how you feel, I'm zapped of energy! Hope you feel better soon, just relax today! Batch cooking can wait, you'll be doing a lot of that when baby comes :) x

Skonions said:
I've had rubbish sleep recently but I've always struggled to drop off and being so uncomfortable doesn't help! I'm usually ok getting back to sleep if I've been up to pee though! Last night and the night before weren't too bad, did go to bed mega early though!!

10 days bloody hell that is close, baby will be here in no time!!! I hate the fact that you count down to your due date though & in most cases nothing happens, hope you don't go too much over, you never know, baby might surprise you & come early!! This is your first isn't it? What I'd do is pop some places spur of the moment and go to some really pram unfriendly places as these things will be a thing of the past soon!! Soooooo worth it hough!!xxx

Hope you get a decent nights sleep soon :) x

FionaMcd said:

Don't beat yourself up I've put on 6lbs in the lady week :-( think its cause I can't eat some days and then eating naughty things so hanging on to everything! If you're sticking to plan it's that beautiful baby growing inside you :) x

Skonions said:

Hubby's on a night shift today so I'm looking forward to having the bed all to myself tonight!! :) Think I might watch a film in bed and have a really early night!!

Yeah my first. We've got plans all weekend for cinema dinner out friday and dinner at friends Saturday so making the most if it!!! Made plans for due date, I don't want to be fixated on that day!!

Glad you've slept ok for last couple nights!! X

B's lovely lady said:
Hubby's on a night shift today so I'm looking forward to having the bed all to myself tonight!! :) Think I might watch a film in bed and have a really early night!!

Yeah my first. We've got plans all weekend for cinema dinner out friday and dinner at friends Saturday so making the most if it!!! Made plans for due date, I don't want to be fixated on that day!!

Nice :) my hubby does a night shift a week and I love having the bed to myself - hehe! Hope you don't go into labour tonight tho ;) xx

Nice to starfish in bed, film and early night sounds grand!!

Oh yes cinemas a good one, can't do that with a baby, although in my town they had a mums cinema once every month or 2 where everyone went along with their babies and we had 2 seats so we had space for our baby stuff and baby ofcourse and the lights weren't quite as dark and the film was slightly quieter but it was great and if you're baby made some noise no one minded as we were all in the same boat and just got up and bounced them or fed them, heard lots of bras unclicking to feed the babies, lol!! Deffo hoping my mum will watch Freddie so me and baby can go along to one of these again!!

Good idea to be busy on your due date although you know you'll still be thinking about it the whole time!!xx

K9KT said:

I am feeling sick all day every day from 6 weeks to now (9 weeks) just lots of grazing and not sw friendly i am afraid. I have however done a sw day today tried so hard to stick too it....but have had two bags of aldi version of monster munch so 8 syns x

Laura_carlburgess said:
I am feeling sick all day every day from 6 weeks to now (9 weeks) just lots of grazing and not sw friendly i am afraid. I have however done a sw day today tried so hard to stick too it....but have had two bags of aldi version of monster munch so 8 syns x

I've tried to stick to it today, actually tried a gren day as eating salad or veg is making my stomach turn :-( whereas last week I couldn't get enough of the stuff! I'm trying to graze but hard to do that when on SW as there's nothing really quick you can grab! I'm just craving stodge when I'm not feeling sick, which is about an hour at lunch! I feel I'm living on a boat! Hope your subsides soon! It's the most horrible feeling because there's nothing you can really do :-(

K9KT said:
I've tried to stick to it today, actually tried a gren day as eating salad or veg is making my stomach turn :-( whereas last week I couldn't get enough of the stuff! I'm trying to graze but hard to do that when on SW as there's nothing really quick you can grab! I'm just craving stodge when I'm not feeling sick, which is about an hour at lunch! I feel I'm living on a boat! Hope your subsides soon! It's the most horrible feeling because there's nothing you can really do :-(

Yes i know. I range from roly poly hangover sickness too full on "i am going to be sick at any moment" i hope it goes soon. I have stuck too it apart from i had a part bake baguette with my spag bol whoops ;-) x

Back