Pregnancy and Slimming World

Have just weighed myself and I've gained 3lbs this week!!! ...... 3!!!!! :( I've now gained 2st8lbs in total, that would be fine if I knew the baby was coming now, but I'm worried I'm going to go over, another 2 weeks could be another 6lbs!!! :'-( Come on babyB!!!

Don't stress, the babies growing tonnes at this stage so most of that will be baby!! Fingers crossed bubba wont leave you waiting too long!!xx

I lost 2 lb at group this week so my baby gain is now 1/2 lb at 33 weeks, so pleased (sorry if this makes any of you sick but I put tonnes on last time & I'm not exactly tiny now) not exactly been entirely on plan today though!! I had a corned beef sarnie for brekkie, ha ha, I was reet craving one after watching I'm a Celeb last night, totally Ant & Decs fault!! It was well tasty, proper student grub!! I also have accidentally eaten 3 or 4 thorntons choccies which were delish, theres a reason I only buy the small bags with 7 or 8 in!!! I'm blaming hubs, he was late back from the pub which I didn't moan about and then has been dead snappy because HE'S tired & coz he's always snappy when he's had a couple & has gone to bed leaving the washing up for the morning! Grrrrrrrrr!!! Hope you're all feeling well!!xx

Hi ladies!

I'm back with my tail between my legs, so disappointed with myself. I've gained everything I lost and more and I am now 2 lbs more than when I started at 20 weeks - I know that doesn't *sound* bad but when you consider that my BMI was 30 when I got pregnant, that is not good - if I continue this way I'll probably make my way into the 40's - that thought terrifies me, if I struggled with getting back to normal at 30 I'll never shift the weight if I allow myself to eat myself into the 40 range!!!!

Anyway, been catching up on you lovely ladies. How exciting, we might have a birth this weekend!!! Sorry to hear that the sickness bug has been making its way around the board - in the office it's been rife as has this wretched cold that I've now had for over 2 weeks! Welcome all the newly pregnant people! And hope everyone else is happy and healthy!

Some advice please: is there a low carb version of SW? Or a low carb diet you can follow in pregnancy? My body and carbs do not mix. You might think, well that's everyone, but I really can't lose weight when I eat carbs. Then bloat me up and mess with my digestive system and I have no control when i eat them, which doesn't help, the more I eat the more I want, they are more of an addiction than a food for me, I'm better removing them completely from my diet but don't want to harm the baby....

Thanks chicas x

9 months pregnant!!!

image-1222124917.jpg

Hi ladies!

I'm back with my tail between my legs, so disappointed with myself. I've gained everything I lost and more and I am now 2 lbs more than when I started at 20 weeks - I know that doesn't *sound* bad but when you consider that my BMI was 30 when I got pregnant, that is not good - if I continue this way I'll probably make my way into the 40's - that thought terrifies me, if I struggled with getting back to normal at 30 I'll never shift the weight if I allow myself to eat myself into the 40 range!!!!

Anyway, been catching up on you lovely ladies. How exciting, we might have a birth this weekend!!! Sorry to hear that the sickness bug has been making its way around the board - in the office it's been rife as has this wretched cold that I've now had for over 2 weeks! Welcome all the newly pregnant people! And hope everyone else is happy and healthy!

Some advice please: is there a low carb version of SW? Or a low carb diet you can follow in pregnancy? My body and carbs do not mix. You might think, well that's everyone, but I really can't lose weight when I eat carbs. Then bloat me up and mess with my digestive system and I have no control when i eat them, which doesn't help, the more I eat the more I want, they are more of an addiction than a food for me, I'm better removing them completely from my diet but don't want to harm the baby....

Thanks chicas x

I know your supposed to do EE, but could you try adding in a couple of red days a week that way you can limit your carbs? I wouldn't suggest not having any carbs at all though, think baby needs them. But you can have your heb as carbs but its a limited amount, so you don't go crazy. Or do EE but weigh your carbs to what the red day heb amounts are if you get what I mean??

Hope you feel better soon and your cold goes xxx

I know your supposed to do EE, but could you try adding in a couple of red days a week that way you can limit your carbs? I wouldn't suggest not having any carbs at all though, think baby needs them. But you can have your heb as carbs but its a limited amount, so you don't go crazy. Or do EE but weigh your carbs to what the red day heb amounts are if you get what I mean??

Hope you feel better soon and your cold goes xxx

Thanks B! Not looked at red days - I'm a newbie to SW - so will read up about them.

And you have a very lovely bump, hope your baby is with you soon :)

Thanks for your lovely bump comments - it does look bigger than this picture though.... Sex, pineapple, raspberry leaf tea, bounce on my ball, long walk, xmas tree up...... Nothing!!! This baby is still well tucked up!!! ;) curry tonight!!!

Thanks for your lovely bump comments - it does look bigger than this picture though.... Sex, pineapple, raspberry leaf tea, bounce on my ball, long walk, xmas tree up...... Nothing!!! This baby is still well tucked up!!! ;) curry tonight!!!

Ha ha ha love this little comment. I did all tht and had my poor Hubbie on walks up and down the seafront in the freezing cold!! My imi was due 22nd dec and bloody started labour 3rd jan in sainsburys and she turned up 4th all screamy ause it was cold :( x

Ha ha ha love this little comment. I did all tht and had my poor Hubbie on walks up and down the seafront in the freezing cold!! My imi was due 22nd dec and bloody started labour 3rd jan in sainsburys and she turned up 4th all screamy ause it was cold :( x

Haha, exactly the same, I made him walk along the pebbles on the beach because I thought it was more bumpy!!!! Lol!!! Baby does seem a bit lower tonight.... I'm not holding out any hope for him arriving soon though!! X

Haha, exactly the same, I made him walk along the pebbles on the beach because I thought it was more bumpy!!!! Lol!!! Baby does seem a bit lower tonight.... I'm not holding out any hope for him arriving soon though!! X

Where do you live? We're in eastbourne sussex is lovely and cold here right now so maybe your lovely baby thinks sod this moms tum warmer?? X

Back