Pregnancy and Slimming World

Hi ladies!

I'm back with my tail between my legs, so disappointed with myself. I've gained everything I lost and more and I am now 2 lbs more than when I started at 20 weeks - I know that doesn't *sound* bad but when you consider that my BMI was 30 when I got pregnant, that is not good - if I continue this way I'll probably make my way into the 40's - that thought terrifies me, if I struggled with getting back to normal at 30 I'll never shift the weight if I allow myself to eat myself into the 40 range!!!!

Anyway, been catching up on you lovely ladies. How exciting, we might have a birth this weekend!!! Sorry to hear that the sickness bug has been making its way around the board - in the office it's been rife as has this wretched cold that I've now had for over 2 weeks! Welcome all the newly pregnant people! And hope everyone else is happy and healthy!

Some advice please: is there a low carb version of SW? Or a low carb diet you can follow in pregnancy? My body and carbs do not mix. You might think, well that's everyone, but I really can't lose weight when I eat carbs. Then bloat me up and mess with my digestive system and I have no control when i eat them, which doesn't help, the more I eat the more I want, they are more of an addiction than a food for me, I'm better removing them completely from my diet but don't want to harm the baby....

Thanks chicas x

You shouldn't have your tail between your legs you're doing great!! Remember the baby, waters, extra blood etc would weigh more than 2 lbs at this stage so you haven't actually gained anything really! You can't really use BMI whilst preggers as it doesn't take it into account, they need a pregnant version really, your BMI might get into the high 30s when you're in your last trimester but most of that will be baby!! When you give birth & then the first couple of weeks you'll lose most of it and your BMI will come right back down!! My BMI was 29 when I got pregnant so very similar but I'm not looking at that now, I'll see what it is again once babies here! What's most important is that you eat a balanced diet for you and the baby and thats what slimming world is, this does include carbs so please don't go cutting them out as you and baby need them!! You're doing fab so far and if you stick to SW as much as you can you wont have much to lose afterwards, there's loads of support on here to help you keep to it whilst you're still pregnant and once baby arrives that's when you'll get the weight losses you want and you can get to a nice healthy BMI!!xxxxxxx

I've been a bit off it this weekend, ate a bit too much choccie Friday, not a mass pig out but definitely over my syns then today we were out for a christmas party lunch which was a 3 course meal! Soup with bread n butter wasn't too bad, then turkey dinner followed by apple crumble cheesecake with cream!!! It was yummy, so deffo over my syns today but it was a special occasion and brekkie, dinner and snacks were all on plan so not bad really! I made some chickpea dahl loaf/cakes this evening and thy are super tasty and syn free, yey, I've eaten 3 already, lol!!xx

Don't panic don't panic. No was just meaning are you keen on having some pain meds or are you do it by yourself mama? X

Grief.... I thought you meant I had to be on a list!!! Lol!! I'm pretty much 100% sure I'll be having pain relief!! I have a lot of respect for those who do it without but my pain threshold is pretty low so I'm not kidding myself!!! Bring on the epidural!! X

Grief.... I thought you meant I had to be on a list!!! Lol!! I'm pretty much 100% sure I'll be having pain relief!! I have a lot of respect for those who do it without but my pain threshold is pretty low so I'm not kidding myself!!! Bring on the epidural!! X

Sorry darl, I do think there would be major uproar if you had to go on waiting list. X

I've just found out I'm pregnant can I still do slimming world if so when do I tell my leader?

Congrats, that's great new!! Yep, slimming world is great when pregnant, I told my consultant when I was 12 weeks and she gave me the info leaflet which tells you to do extra easy, double healthy extras and full 15 syns! She gave me the form for my midwife to sign which she did no problem but she's never asked to see it again!!xx

Hi all...have just got a positive pregnancy test - when do I need to tell my SW leader I'm pregnant? I'm only about 5 weeks so won't be seeing a midwife for a while

Hi all...have just got a positive pregnancy test - when do I need to tell my SW leader I'm pregnant? I'm only about 5 weeks so won't be seeing a midwife for a while

I think you can tell whenever you feel ready I guess. I told mine when I was about ten weeks give or take a week and she was fine about it :) x

Awww well I was told by midwife to add two weeks for more accurate due date :( x

Loads of people I know that have had babies recently have all had them early, and they've been first babies.... It just makes the wait more frustrating!!!! Obviously he has inherited his mummy's stubbornness!!! I've got a sweep booked with the midwife on thurs so hopefully that might get things moving... If he's ready that is!!! ;) x

Loads of people I know that have had babies recently have all had them early, and they've been first babies.... It just makes the wait more frustrating!!!! Obviously he has inherited his mummy's stubbornness!!! I've got a sweep booked with the midwife on thurs so hopefully that might get things moving... If he's ready that is!!! ;) x

Fingers crossed for your sweep to work if he isn't here by then! At dgh they won't offer unless you're 12 days over!! That sucks! I was so super frustrated by time imi arrived 12 days late!! Little monkeys aren't they? X

You shouldn't have your tail between your legs you're doing great!! Remember the baby, waters, extra blood etc would weigh more than 2 lbs at this stage so you haven't actually gained anything really! You can't really use BMI whilst preggers as it doesn't take it into account, they need a pregnant version really, your BMI might get into the high 30s when you're in your last trimester but most of that will be baby!! When you give birth & then the first couple of weeks you'll lose most of it and your BMI will come right back down!! My BMI was 29 when I got pregnant so very similar but I'm not looking at that now, I'll see what it is again once babies here! What's most important is that you eat a balanced diet for you and the baby and thats what slimming world is, this does include carbs so please don't go cutting them out as you and baby need them!! You're doing fab so far and if you stick to SW as much as you can you wont have much to lose afterwards, there's loads of support on here to help you keep to it whilst you're still pregnant and once baby arrives that's when you'll get the weight losses you want and you can get to a nice healthy BMI!!xxxxxxx

Thanks for your lovely post :) And you're right, i need to relax a bit as i am starting to panic that my weight will go through the roof, but so long as i am eating healthy and baby is well, that is what is important.

Fingers crossed baby will be with you by next weekend x

Hi huff puff same as me congrats.. Do we stop trying to loose weight now?

I don't want to stop trying to lose weight but baby is giving me intense hunger which I'm just not prepared for....I'd like to lose a bit more...after all the real weight gain isn't meant to start for a while is it?

We get extra healthy A and B's dont we?

I really hope this weeks the week, its exciting but frustrating that it could start any minute now!! I remember being so envious because everyone kept having their babies first and then my one friend who was due after me had hers, FUMING!! He'll be here before you know it, just try to enjoy the calm before the storm and have fun trying all the natural methods to kick things off!!xx

Back