Pregnancy and Slimming World

I don't want to stop trying to lose weight but baby is giving me intense hunger which I'm just not prepared for....I'd like to lose a bit more...after all the real weight gain isn't meant to start for a while is it?

We get extra healthy A and B's dont we?

Me too intense hunger and sickness at the same time....very weird.

Congratulations on your pregnancy i am 10.5wks so not much in front x

I really hope this weeks the week, its exciting but frustrating that it could start any minute now!! I remember being so envious because everyone kept having their babies first and then my one friend who was due after me had hers, FUMING!! He'll be here before you know it, just try to enjoy the calm before the storm and have fun trying all the natural methods to kick things off!!xx

Haha i was the same with my first...hate to admit but i even cried with frustration when heather on eastenders had hers before me lol ;-) x

I don't know anyone who's pregnant :( wish I did as I have no one to spend mat leave with ! x

That's a shame, have you done or are you planning to do antenatal or breast feeding classes? I made friends with 2 people from antenatl and 2 from breast feeding class, we all went to aquanatal together (which they dont do anymore, booooooo) and we still see each other every week 2 years on! I think the 5 of us will be close friends for ever now and they kept me sane through all the exhaustion of having a newborn!!!

Playgroups are good when the baby comes along but can sometimes take a while to really get talking to people when everyone knows each other, always makes me feel like the new kid at school!! Went to a new one right near my house today, thought it'd be good for when the new baby arrives, Freddie loved it and the bump encourages people to chat definitely!!xx

I don't know anyone who's pregnant :( wish I did as I have no one to spend mat leave with ! x

If you have any surestart centres near you pop in. Sometimes they run expectant mother groups and I know ours is happy for mums to be to come to playgroups and get to know people

If you have any surestart centres near you pop in. Sometimes they run expectant mother groups and I know ours is happy for mums to be to come to playgroups and get to know people

Oh yes, I went to one that was called something like bumps, babes and beyond, it was nice to know where I'd be going once the baby was here although seeing all the babies did make me more impatient for mine to arrive!!xx

I met a lot of people at NCT antenatal classes, which has really helped. But I agree, go to some of the local family centres, they always seem to have things on. Ask your midwife about what's on in your area xxx

Get a little book from centre called chitter chatter tells you what's on on which days :) also I think h visitor gives a little info on baby groups etc mine did :) x

The sure start centres are usually good, so you can google the ones in your areas and they quite often put free courses on like makaton (baby sign language) I did & enjoyed it, baby massage which I didn't get to do as it was during Freddies nap time!

I have 5 working days left including this one, wooo wooo!!!

How arw you feeling B?? Any signs of bubba??xx

No signs yet.... Feeling a bit frustrated and irritable today :( I'm also going to be huge by the time he comes, I've not stopped eating since my due date... I'm such an emotional eater feeling sorry for myself!!!

No signs yet.... Feeling a bit frustrated and irritable today :( I'm also going to be huge by the time he comes, I've not stopped eating since my due date... I'm such an emotional eater feeling sorry for myself!!!

Aw darling don't worry your little guy will be here soon :) another old wives tale is apparently pumping milk releases some hormones start contractions? Read this after I had imi so can't say if it would work lol :) x

Aw darling don't worry your little guy will be here soon :) another old wives tale is apparently pumping milk releases some hormones start contractions? Read this after I had imi so can't say if it would work lol :) x

I've read this too but not too keen on trying it..... I've not got a pump yet anyway, want to wait to buy one just incase breastfeeding doesn't work so well for me. I've been trying everything else with no results so think I'm giving up trying all this stuff!!

I've read this too but not too keen on trying it..... I've not got a pump yet anyway, want to wait to buy one just incase breastfeeding doesn't work so well for me. I've been trying everything else with no results so think I'm giving up trying all this stuff!!

Babies take their time bless them :)

Unfortunately they come when they are ready. I was 6 days over with first. I also tried everything, however i would suggest just take this time to relax and rest because its all go when they come haha x

When's your sweep B, is that today?

I've got the midwife at 10.15, I couldn't find my pee pot though so hopefully I can just do a sample whilst I'm there!! I measured ahead last time so she said if I measure ahead this time they might send me for a growth scan, eeeeeeek!! I don't want a whopper!! Freddie was 8lb 7oz so could be in for 9lb!! I don't think the bump measuring is very accurate anyway!!

I've got slimming world later, hoping for 2 lb gain max but I wont mind if its more really, especially after a 3 course crimbo meal at the weekend!!

How's everyone else today?xx

Tomorrow at 09.45 I have an appointment with ob/gyn consultant and head midwife to decide whether I can go down c sec route this time after the awful time I had trying to deliver imi and my recovery :( let's hope they go easy on me I'm very emotional today and just keep crying and howling lol what must the neighbours think???
I am just getting so fed up with trying to weigh myself and putting on losing putting on I think for my own sanity I should just eat well follow SW but weigh once month or not at all saves on any extra mood swings!!

Back