Pregnancy and Slimming World

Yey for scan tomorrow, hope it all goes well!! Have you kept it a secret? Will you get to tell people tomorrow? So nice when you get a due date!!xx
I didnt keep it a secret as i was nearly 12 weeks when i went to my mums so thought i might aswell get it over with because i knew it was going to be a bit of a shock lol. The rest of the people i will start telling from tomorrow but i think they will guess at my sw class because i already have a bump x

I was mega exhausted in the first trimester (and again now) get him to google it and show him its a proper symptom!!! Well done on doing your best to be on plan, I know how hard it is to stay focused when you've got a little one to run around after!!

I might be wrong but I'm sure I saw on instagram that the aldi extra lean mince is something like 12% fat not less than 5% but you'd have to check, I may have got it wrong, just dont want it to sabotage your good work!xxxx

Thanks, Not sure as only heard off someone - as my fridge is stocked full of yellow sticked items anyways from Sainsburys so have not been to aldi ATM plus got exam to go & visit boo!

I'm 39 weeks pregnant today, 1 week until due date, that's crazy!!!!!! :)

I'm knackered today, hubs came off his push bike on his way home from darts last night, he's ok but went up to a & e last night just incase of concussion!! I didnt sleep until he got in at 1, then had to get up to pee a couple of times & Freddie got up at 8 (which is good for him) toddlers just dont understand the words, mummys tired!! Hubs has been off today, he' got a nasty shiner, swollen cheek and a big ass graze down his thigh but he's ok luckily, his heads been throbbing and he's been grumpy though!! He said he's going to work tomorrow & Freddies in nursery 9-3 so I plan on doing absolutely nothing!!! :)

aww poor hubby - hope he gets better soon! I ma so jealous of doing nothing, oooo bliss ;)!

I didnt keep it a secret as i was nearly 12 weeks when i went to my mums so thought i might aswell get it over with because i knew it was going to be a bit of a shock lol. The rest of the people i will start telling from tomorrow but i think they will guess at my sw class because i already have a bump x

aw good luck with scan. I have never kept mine a secret, hopefully I won't lose this baby (have done in past) and I am open about miscrage. It shouldn't be a dark secret or fearful - people should know about it as I did not know it was so common when I experienced it and the guilt after. There should be no guilt it happens and sadly it is part of nature sometimes. (sorry just thought I'd give my personal opinion on the 'whole' don't say anything about news till such and such a date till it save!

Went to the scan today and baby was fine apart from being a bit lazy and not letting sonographer get measurements for the downs test at the beginning but we did get there at the eventually. She measured me at 13+1 with a due date of 16th july so i'm over the moon now i have this date lol. I have my second scan booked for the 1st of March so not too long to go for that.
Going back to class after a 2 week break tomorrow and hopefully it will only be a small gain as i have been working so hard to lose the massive gain that i had over a week ago when i weighed at home x

Went to the scan today and baby was fine apart from being a bit lazy and not letting sonographer get measurements for the downs test at the beginning but we did get there at the eventually. She measured me at 13+1 with a due date of 16th july so i'm over the moon now i have this date lol. I have my second scan booked for the 1st of March so not too long to go for that.
Going back to class after a 2 week break tomorrow and hopefully it will only be a small gain as i have been working so hard to lose the massive gain that i had over a week ago when i weighed at home x

Fantastic news on yer scan n due date hun! I'v got my bookin in appointment this Fri n hopin my scan date will b next week as apparently they'r pretty quik locally. I was luck enuf 2 ave an early scan at 7-8wks (I'm bout 10-11wks now) so I've had a chance 2 see the baby n hear the heartbeat already but still can't wait 4 next scan n gettin an actual due date! Hubby was nearly by himself at early scan n cried when he heard the heartbeat so goodness knows wat he'l b like at the next scan when baby looks much more like a baby, if u kno wat I mean!? lol!
Wishin u all the best 4 goin back 2 group as well. I dreadin my WI 2moro cos altho I'v stuck 2 plan 100% since goin back 2 work on Mon (n wasn't THAT bad b4 that) I feel like HUGE bloater so I'm bound ave massive gain!!!!!

Fantastic news on yer scan n due date hun! I'v got my bookin in appointment this Fri n hopin my scan date will b next week as apparently they'r pretty quik locally. I was luck enuf 2 ave an early scan at 7-8wks (I'm bout 10-11wks now) so I've had a chance 2 see the baby n hear the heartbeat already but still can't wait 4 next scan n gettin an actual due date! Hubby was nearly by himself at early scan n cried when he heard the heartbeat so goodness knows wat he'l b like at the next scan when baby looks much more like a baby, if u kno wat I mean!? lol!
Wishin u all the best 4 goin back 2 group as well. I dreadin my WI 2moro cos altho I'v stuck 2 plan 100% since goin back 2 work on Mon (n wasn't THAT bad b4 that) I feel like HUGE bloater so I'm bound ave massive gain!!!!!
I had a early scan at around 10 weeks aswell but baby pretty much looked like a baby by than. In previous pregnancies i usually got my scan date letter within a week of my booking appointment so its pretty quick. I could see my husband was disappointed he couldnt come to scan but he had to babysit lol x

Hope your cosultant appointments go ok... I am probably going have to go to one though I don't particually wanna go just seems a waste of time to me to be quick five mins and wait in a hot waiting room on average 2/3 hrs at mine as they are streching the staff far too much with workload and worse when bank holiday. I have an appointment for the midwife in Febuary 9th I think and a scan next Saturday - which I can't wait to make sure everything is ok!

My app with consultant obs/gyn was an epic fail they won't give me a c sec I cried so hard yesterday especially as I found out I was given episiotomy unnecessarily last time and registrar was fired after doing it to other women :( I'm so sad!!! I'm terrified of giving birth naturally again and I could've murdered my hub when he told me an episiotomy (3rd degree) is not major!!

Aww so sorry your not getting the c sections, most consultants are not very helpful or understanding unfortunately. I dont know if this will help you but it might do. With my first pregnancy i was in labour for 3 days and after loads of paracetamol, 2 shots of pethidine i was finally given the epidural i needed even though midwife didnt want me to have it but i insisted because i was exhausted. After getting the epidural the midwife changed over and the new one was awful. She Had no idea how to use anything or where anything was because she was a agency nurse. Because she wasnt keeping an eye on the belt around my tummy the doc would come in and have a go at her because the machine wasnt picking up my daughters heartbeat and all she was doing was mimicking him behind his back. They did try and put a clip on her hear but it wouldnt stick so the belt was the only option. Eventually i was fully dilated but too exhausted to push properly and all she did was threaten me again and again with a c section (at this point i couldnt even keep my eyes awake i had been awake 3 days and when i tried to sleep with the epidural in she kept on waking me to check on me!). Eventually they decided to take me into theatre and do a forceps delivery. During theatre all i remember is eventually seeing my daughter and thinking so much trouble for someone so small. When i got to the ward eventually i was told i had a 360 episiostimy and at that time it didnt sink in what had happened as i was still bed bound with a cathetir in and loads of painkillers. When it did hit me later on in the day i just wanted to cry and both me and my husband were so traumatised by it all that it too a couple of weeks for us to accept our baby. I feel bad still thinking about that time. When my midwife checked at my home she couldnt understand why they cut me so much and so deep because my daughter was only 5lbs12 she was tiny. That left me with a real phobia of labour and couldnt face getting pregnant again but my husband begged me for another one and i gave in. I was so afraid and would have nightmares but i knew at that time they wouldnt give me a c section so i didnt ask but just dreaded everyday as it was a day closer to labour. When the time came oh boy was it painful but my best. She came in just over 2 hours with just gas and air and no stitches and she was heavier.
First labours are known to be difficult and now that you have done it once your body is used to labour so it may not be that bad but i know that terror sweety.Plus i think your husband is trying to be helpful in his way, my husband is exactly the same, he seems to think labour is a walk in the park!

Aww so sorry your not getting the c sections, most consultants are not very helpful or understanding unfortunately. I dont know if this will help you but it might do. With my first pregnancy i was in labour for 3 days and after loads of paracetamol, 2 shots of pethidine i was finally given the epidural i needed even though midwife didnt want me to have it but i insisted because i was exhausted. After getting the epidural the midwife changed over and the new one was awful. She Had no idea how to use anything or where anything was because she was a agency nurse. Because she wasnt keeping an eye on the belt around my tummy the doc would come in and have a go at her because the machine wasnt picking up my daughters heartbeat and all she was doing was mimicking him behind his back. They did try and put a clip on her hear but it wouldnt stick so the belt was the only option. Eventually i was fully dilated but too exhausted to push properly and all she did was threaten me again and again with a c section (at this point i couldnt even keep my eyes awake i had been awake 3 days and when i tried to sleep with the epidural in she kept on waking me to check on me!). Eventually they decided to take me into theatre and do a forceps delivery. During theatre all i remember is eventually seeing my daughter and thinking so much trouble for someone so small. When i got to the ward eventually i was told i had a 360 episiostimy and at that time it didnt sink in what had happened as i was still bed bound with a cathetir in and loads of painkillers. When it did hit me later on in the day i just wanted to cry and both me and my husband were so traumatised by it all that it too a couple of weeks for us to accept our baby. I feel bad still thinking about that time. When my midwife checked at my home she couldnt understand why they cut me so much and so deep because my daughter was only 5lbs12 she was tiny. That left me with a real phobia of labour and couldnt face getting pregnant again but my husband begged me for another one and i gave in. I was so afraid and would have nightmares but i knew at that time they wouldnt give me a c section so i didnt ask but just dreaded everyday as it was a day closer to labour. When the time came oh boy was it painful but my best. She came in just over 2 hours with just gas and air and no stitches and she was heavier.
First labours are known to be difficult and now that you have done it once your body is used to labour so it may not be that bad but i know that terror sweety.Plus i think your husband is trying to be helpful in his way, my husband is exactly the same, he seems to think labour is a walk in the park!

I was also told that I couldn't have epidural and at the meeting yesterday he told me it would've relaxed my pelvis and Imogen wouldn't have gone into distress like she did poor wee girl :( anyway its done now ill be going in for natural again but ill be demanding the drugs this time. Tony probably does think he's being helpful but I honestly could ram his helpfulness where the sun doesn't shine sometimes :) x

I was also told that I couldn't have epidural and at the meeting yesterday he told me it would've relaxed my pelvis and Imogen wouldn't have gone into distress like she did poor wee girl :( anyway its done now ill be going in for natural again but ill be demanding the drugs this time. Tony probably does think he's being helpful but I honestly could ram his helpfulness where the sun doesn't shine sometimes :) x

Poor you i hope your not too tramatised at your impending birth. You husband would of of been trying to help in his "man" ways as it's something my husband would say for sure. They play it down to try and stop you from worrying however u just want to kick them where the sun dont shine haha xx

Hi all!! I posted on here several weeks ago when I found out I was pregnant with the intention of sticking to plan. Well that didn't work as I've had all day nausea which only went whilst I was eating- all the wrong things!! First time I've had an apple since being pregnant was today!
However this week I've started to feel more 'normal' and think I'll be able to stick to it now. I've planned the next week and I'm really hoping for a loss after gaining 4lbs in the last two weeks! Its an IVF pregnancy and I'm 11+2 today.

Hi all!! I posted on here several weeks ago when I found out I was pregnant with the intention of sticking to plan. Well that didn't work as I've had all day nausea which only went whilst I was eating- all the wrong things!! First time I've had an apple since being pregnant was today!
However this week I've started to feel more 'normal' and think I'll be able to stick to it now. I've planned the next week and I'm really hoping for a loss after gaining 4lbs in the last two weeks! Its an IVF pregnancy and I'm 11+2 today.

Hey. Dont beat yourself up about not being able yo stick to plan think that's about 99% of us here in the first tri. I can't even look at fruit let alone eat it blugh! My sickness was all may everyday but now more or less contained to the morning. If i can make it past 10-11ish i am fine for the rest of the day - usually.

Still cant stand by the fruit/veg aisle whilst shopping the smell makes me feel sick however i managed tpnogjt est the first veg in a while yesterday (Yey me) had salmon, roasted tomato, pepper and onion with couscous....tonight i have had Chinese #doh!! Epic fail!

15+5 days xx

Hi Laura, its salad that I can't face the thought of and I used to eat loads of it! I'm not too bad with fruit but can't say its ever been my snack of choice, however I'm going to try and have more of it to make up for the lack of salad. I'm feeling really positive now. It would be so nice to have a loss instead of a gain next week. I don't think I've had a loss since my treatment started at the beginning of October.

Back